• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you!

• Thread starter imported_Qute Pi
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Qute Pi

Never before have I fallen for a scam, but there is a first time for everything.

THANKFULLY, the quick thinking of ea devs, stratics staff and members, I didn't lose 5 years of accomplishments and my world. I appreciate the quick thinking and help! Thank you!

To the person who is trying to scam, I hope they show you no mercy.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

Wow Qute, I'm just glad that loser didn't get your valuables! It would be terrible to lose that many accomplishments

*LOVES DEV TEAM*
You guys are awesome!

G

Looks like it unfortunately still cost you a half days pay. I wouldn't be to embarrassed about getting caught by that one. The login screen looked exactly the same. Unfortunately it is very easy to do that. If you know html it only takes a few minutes to copy the genuine EA page, make a few changes and then put it up. I was lucky that I have learnt to check the url before filling in any forms like that. I had only read the 1st post in the thread and clicked the link without noticing the last post that said to watch out. It pays on any form to check the url before you complete it. I just hope that there wasn't many caught by this in the game, as it was said in the post somewhere that someone was running around advertising the link in there. I think that’s where the person that posted the link in here got it from. Those people in the game may still not be aware it's a scam.

I

imported_SimTripps

Yey Qute! Glad they caught that one quick and that the damage control was minor. Hopefully the account owner who was supposedly advertising the url got a nice swift BAN in da butt, courtesy of Parizad lol...