• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you to all who participated in the goblin event

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to shout out a HUGE “THANK YOU” to EM Obsidian and WildStar for giving GHT the opportunity to sponsor the goblin event. During the auction night for the Britannia Royal Zoo, GHT was able to win the bid on EM Obsidian (70 million) wherein they could create an event of their choice. Now, for the rest of the story…

Some may not know that the reason a goblin-themed event was chosen was because of a wonderful friend, White Rabbit/Ozog, the Goblin King. Though his main residence was Chesapeake, he would make visits to Baja and became known and loved by many. On April 24, 2016, our wonderful friend was prematurely called Home. I still remember getting the news and how deeply I grieved. No more early morning texts with a simple “good morning” were to come. A UO memorial service was held in September 2016 with many from Baja attending, There was so much love and respect shown for this man and all of the humor he brought to the game.

Many enjoyed the event with much hilarity ensuing. I don’t know how many times my character was bitten on the ankle. =) The player interaction was great and it was fun to see many join in. To those of you who participated, thank you again for making that bittersweet event memorable for all of us. To Ozog (Mike), thank you for teaching us all to laugh and not take ourselves too seriously. We miss you. *deep curtsey*

ozogsig_zps6a03ba91.jpg

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am sad that I missed this. Oz was truly one of a kind and UO has not been the same without him.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think Ozog would have been absolutely tickled and proud of the work you all did to make this happen. I didn't know him well but I believe his kind and gentle effect is lasting in a good and positive manner. I so miss the thread he started, mornins. It was a simple act of thoughtfulness and kindness that spread to others. That is how he was.

All of you made this happen including the goblin visitors from other shards, thank you. It was a blast playing a hummie or a goblin a couple times. It was fun being righteously indignant spouting 'Keep Britannia Clean' one night then the next night peeing on someone and trying to speak goblin, which is hard, another night! I hope the catapult ends up at the EM Museum outside. That could be the start of a Baja playground.

We've been lucky to have 2 events so far due to WildStar's annual auction and the willingness of the EM's to put in the extra time and effort. Xelious Norwood and GHT were the folk who went the extra mile to make something happen for Baja's players. Both so different and both so fun. Both due to people wanting to do something positive for the shard in their own ways. It's amazing when people put their heads together as a group and see what creativity ensues [chaos and pandemonium].

I look forward to see what the next auction winner comes up with and supporting them in their efforts. I'm sure it will again be completely different.

This is what makes Baja great in my book.