• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you Stratics!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks to tips and information from Stratics UO players. I think I got lead taming down. For dogs anyways.
Late last night, I was tame-spawining dogs in Twisted Wield ATL, with my dressed as a bum outfit, that is basically crap, but armed with ideas from here, Stratics. I was lead taming dogs like there was no tomorrow. Probably 30 seconds to a minute per dog. One death, and just a few heals. On my beloved crummy frenzied ostard. 2-3 people there came later with their etthies, and Hawkinds and multimillion suits. They used all sorts of taming, para taming and lead taming, provoke to Para dog spawning etc. They were gtiing shred to pieces, and taking forever to spawn dogs.They finally got embarassed and left when they saw what I was doing. A bum, filling the cave with Cus at lightning speed. No fancy gear, just lead taming dog after dog, 30-40 seconds each. So they all left eventually. I filled the cave with dogs..It was a mess..lol. Finally Boom! Dream come true. Nobody around, and a PURE BLACK. I thought, I am going to honor tame him. But no! Lead tamed him and Wallah! Got him. Sold him for 25 M within 10 minutes in Luna stable. Wowzies! I am Rich! Took about 100-150 or so dogs to get pure black. After that no more plain dogs just 4-5 paragon dogsI Felt a sense of accomplishment! The first PURE BLACK dog, that I spawmed myself! And made a buck or two.
Someone was asking if there is an instructional on UO. Well this is it. Stratics. A living question answering one.
Thanks! I love you guys!

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles*

feel the same as a returning player. Without all these guys here giving advice it would be very hard to return and understand all those things that changed. Also from my side many thx - tamer forum, warrior forum, uo hall, only craftsman forum is a bit low on input, if I might also toss in a bit of encouragement...

Thx all! Regards, Fizzle

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't even glance at the video. Always walk it diagonal. When you try to go straight up,down,left or right you can get into a pickle.

Next tip is have taming on a macro then a last target. Some people have the whole macro on one key but I like to separate. When you fail you simply keep walking while doing your macro.

The 3rd tip. For the pro cu tamers you can provoke the paragons to kill each other. Then you can discord 1 to make quick work. When I was hardcore taming I generally left 1 paragon. Just watch your karma.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I didn't even glance at the video. Always walk it diagonal. When you try to go straight up,down,left or right you can get into a pickle.

Next tip is have taming on a macro then a last target. Some people have the whole macro on one key but I like to separate. When you fail you simply keep walking while doing your macro.

The 3rd tip. For the pro cu tamers you can provoke the paragons to kill each other. Then you can discord 1 to make quick work. When I was hardcore taming I generally left 1 paragon. Just watch your karma.
This.
And not being afraid to die most importantly. You have to have a death wish, first requirement. Then the keeping the right distance is crucial. Dont get hit. But Kitiara's videao is cool, but was made 6 years ago and now it was made much harder to tam these, lots of fails jowdays, so you have to compensate with more quick tame attempts. Also my gear is crap, so no invisi, dont have FC 2-4 so if I try to invisi its Oooo time, lol. Just keep on walking-leading. Other one is have a predetermined walking path, and dont get stuck. It takes practice. I can usually fill the cave in an hour of two, with maybe 1-2 deaths. Gets monotonous after a while..lol
But you can get a P. Black, P.White, or even Blaze chance wise. Its like lotto..Can be addictive I reckon.lol

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just do a macro in the ec that is animal taming with current target selected then a .5 second delay about 20 times and repeat 10 times selected. target the cu and hit the macro then step in time to it's steps until it gives me the start taming message and then invis. works like a champ

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just do a macro in the ec that is animal taming with current target selected then a .5 second delay about 20 times and repeat 10 times selected. target the cu and hit the macro then step in time to it's steps until it gives me the start taming message and then invis. works like a champ
I dont have an advanced macro but I just press Use Skill Taming button and press it then the mobs bar over and over until I see the blue words then run a few steps and invis. Same as you. I call it brute force taming.
I stopped using honor or peace a long time ago. Too much extra work for same results.

There are some who can tame the Cus on the first try almost every time.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This.
And not being afraid to die most importantly. You have to have a death wish, first requirement. Then the keeping the right distance is crucial. Dont get hit. But Kitiara's videao is cool, but was made 6 years ago and now it was made much harder to tam these, lots of fails jowdays, so you have to compensate with more quick tame attempts. Also my gear is crap, so no invisi, dont have FC 2-4 so if I try to invisi its Oooo time, lol. Just keep on walking-leading. Other one is have a predetermined walking path, and dont get stuck. It takes practice. I can usually fill the cave in an hour of two, with maybe 1-2 deaths. Gets monotonous after a while..lol
But you can get a P. Black, P.White, or even Blaze chance wise. Its like lotto..Can be addictive I reckon.lol
Peace Tamers are good for this.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This should work. Also minimizing waste of time things like deaths, heals, running after being bled etc helps boost speed of spawning them. Hard to get FC 2-4 on my bum character tho. So I have resorted to just moving on, and just avoiding the hits.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
There are some who can tame the Cus on the first try almost every time.
I have not discovered the secret to this one. All I know real taming and lore 120 do not matter, sadly. That would be awesome to be able to do..

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This should work. Also minimizing waste of time things like deaths, heals, running after being bled etc helps boost speed of spawning them. Hard to get FC 2-4 on my bum character tho. So I have resorted to just moving on, and just avoiding the hits.
i find a town that runs the FC+ regularly and then get a scrappers and use imbued 2/1 jewelry. max out everytime with ease and low cost.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Peace Tamers are good for this.
Not too sure about that. I got a peace/disco tamer on GL, he is actually slower than my "bum" on ATL that does just "brute force" lead taming non-stop, then dumping the tames in the cave to get rid of clutter. But its a mess in the cave..lol. Good thing these things are not aggressive when released, otherwise entering the cave would be deadly..lol.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not too sure about that. I got a peace/disco tamer on GL, he is actually slower than my "bum" on ATL that does just "brute force" lead taming non-stop, then dumping the tames in the cave to get rid of clutter. But its a mess in the cave..lol. Good thing these things are not aggressive when released, otherwise entering the cave would be deadly..lol.
Discord/Lead Tame, if hit area peace. If hit with bled get out and heal then come back. Sometimes you can discord/peace/Tame a pup.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Discord/Lead Tame, if hit area peace. If hit with bled get out and heal then come back. Sometimes you can discord/peace/Tame a pup.
Cool.. Will try it on my GL tamer. Never thought about discoing it first and see what happens.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Cool.. Will try it on my GL tamer. Never thought about discoing it first and see what happens.
Never though about it, but disco MAY allow taming the beast with much less taming attempts! That could be the answer to the question I had about taming at "first attempt!". Awesome idea..will try it! THANKS!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On GLs Yew runs the FC+1 always... FYI.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, and thank you for that Malag, I always use it on GL, and its is definitely awesome!
Your welcome... I promise so long as I remain in office as Governor that it will never change.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's no stat or skill penalty for disco'ing before taming?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm missing something, I think.
I can't get a macro to work in Classic Client to tame nearest mobile.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High weapon skill (or - 0 mage weap) safes also lifes (120 wrest or 120 magery with weapon). I swap skills between my toons when I decide to lead tame. 70 resist on cold/energy is also nice.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think I got it after some fiddling:

F4 0 0 0
+S e l e c t N e a r e s t M o b i l e
+U s e S k i l l A n i m a l T a m i n g
+W a i t F o r T a r g
+C u r r e n t T a r g e t

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still doubt tho that spawning these with invisi taming, could be faster than 60 cus/hr.
The fact that 60 cu's per hour have to be tamed to get a colored one is the entire problem. Yeah I know, there's some silly store bought tool or something to increase the really low chance.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The fact that 60 cu's per hour have to be tamed to get a colored one is the entire problem. Yeah I know, there's some silly store bought tool or something to increase the really low chance.
I dont think it applies to dogs though! Please check before you buy it. And I also think is has limited uses, it is not permanent. Not applying to dogs. Make sure you double check it before you buy it..

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are many things in UO I've done before that I simply refuse to do now, cause it's just too much stress on the hands

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, i've been lead taming since pre-Tram. Fun lead taming GDs, gotta be both a good Tamer, and a good Mage for the quick heals/cures. I would put Resist on while doing that.

If you have a second account that doesn't have your Tamer on it, you can make a Wammy to slaughter the Cus in 5-6 seconds as your Tamer char just sits there. That's what i do. Farmed both a pure white and a pure black in about 2 hours of that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, i've been lead taming since pre-Tram. Fun lead taming GDs, gotta be both a good Tamer, and a good Mage for the quick heals/cures. I would put Resist on while doing that.

If you have a second account that doesn't have your Tamer on it, you can make a Wammy to slaughter the Cus in 5-6 seconds as your Tamer char just sits there. That's what i do. Farmed both a pure white and a pure black in about 2 hours of that.
For greater dragons I just macro heal not greater heal just the small heal... and I spam the heck out of it while I'm taming... and lead that way... or stand there and let it pound on me while I spam heal... if I get real low on HP I run away and come back after healing up... try again.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, that is the easiest way and my preferred method anymore. I always left when my karma went negative - or do you just stay and kill whatever attacks you?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I did it, I would release about ten of them in slow desert area cause they would keep the changelings dead so I didn't have to deal with them. After that I would just tame the cu's then either attack a paragon or swoop with them and release them right after I tell them to attack it. If you do it that way you wont lose any karma. Just a few tips for ya

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I got it after some fiddling:

F4 0 0 0
+S e l e c t N e a r e s t M o b i l e
+U s e S k i l l A n i m a l T a m i n g
+W a i t F o r T a r g
+C u r r e n t T a r g e t
So you hit this until you get the blue message and then invis?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
When I did it, I would release about ten of them in slow desert area cause they would keep the changelings dead so I didn't have to deal with them. After that I would just tame the cu's then either attack a paragon or swoop with them and release them right after I tell them to attack it. If you do it that way you wont lose any karma. Just a few tips for ya
I thought you had to release them outside in the cave (or kill them) or they wouldn’t respawn (?)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For greater dragons I just macro heal not greater heal just the small heal... and I spam the heck out of it while I'm taming... and lead that way... or stand there and let it pound on me while I spam heal... if I get real low on HP I run away and come back after healing up... try again.
Yep, mini-heals are the way to go with them. If you hear them start to roar and Firebreath though, get a Greater Heal ready for when it hits. Orange Petals can help too.

Lol, that is the easiest way and my preferred method anymore. I always left when my karma went negative - or do you just stay and kill whatever attacks you?
I just keep killing whatever attacks me, or i use my Tamer to lure the Dryads and Pixies away from the desert. My Wammy has probably -15k Karma right now, but i don't care. I can just farm it back up. As a Wammy, your Karma is like a roller coaster from casting Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin.