• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you LS

Dravec

Visitor
While preparing to move recently, I uncovered a sixteen year old gem. UO:R. I was late to the game in early 2000, but quickly found myself engulfed in the game, the world, the people, and the friends. I was a kid, a young teenager at the time, and found myself connecting with people all over the world.
I dabbled in every avenue I could imagine. The worst was when I accidentally killed too many NPCs, got banished to Felucca, and experienced the dreaded stat loss within my first month of game play.
I wised up quickly, created a new character, my to be main, Dravec S'ynn shortly after.
Somewhere along the lines, I thankfully became involved in the RP community, found a home within Rivendell, and continued to find new facets in the game to distract me from a less than stellar homelife.
Most of my characters had become 7x GM, I was obsessed with being up for the shard reset to collect daily rares, I dabbled in factions when it was an absolute blast, i remember the joy and excitement of placing my tiny wooden house on trammel house placement day (though it was on the outskirts of trinsic and if my mule was poisoned by a giant serpent, it was almost a certain death.) My years in game have so many memories, and there are so many players within the community whose names I can still remember all this time later.
Somewhere in the mid 2000s, life began to happen, (college, bills) and I slowly started to fade away from the game.
Thankfully, nearly two decades later, life has completely blossomed, and as I'm getting ready to move into a new home, my heart just ached for a fantasy world that consumed my life for several years.
Thank you Lake Superior community, and perhaps one day our paths can cross again.

-Dravec