• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you LA Crafters! (Especially Basara and Child Labor!)

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We have a starred Holiday tree in Yew just North of the Heartwood entrance! Its beautiful!

Trying to be ready for this artisan fair on LA, I started filling BODs like crazy last weekend. I had BOD books going ready for the tree to appear, but it showed up right when publish 103 was put out and even with all my preparation and knowing it was going to happen, I was taken by surprise!

I stayed online and valiantly tried to fill and deposit BODs after we learned that nearly 150 were on the Yew location. Everyone online went for broke and started dumping all the BODs we'd been saving for the event onto that tree location! BUT, no one could possibly keep up with the pace of Child Labor and Grim who I don't think slept at all for two solid days as they filled BODs, shared BODs to get others filled, and plugged away at cooperative tree-filling like nothing I've ever seen! There was such a devoted group of crafters! This awesome group stayed online to get that tree done on a tiny little shard with fewer players than most others. It truly warmed my heart!

I made it both nights until 3:30 am my time before collapsing for some sleep, but I feel like a total wimp compared to the devotion that was shown by the other crafters! LA is really special because the sharing and willingness to place valuable BODs onto that Holiday Elf were just outstanding and selfless! The LA crafters put the good of the shard above and beyond the good of one's own point balance!

I thank everyone for assisting me. I was supplied me with footwear (Grim), given small BODs to finish up partially-filled LBODs for the tree that I never could have finished without the shared small BODs. I thank everyone for making me feel like my efforts were small compared to the other's! What a really outstanding group we have in the LA crafting society. I'm always so very happy to be on LA and play with all of you!

Tamais, here is a tree for you! I hope you enjoy it! LA has starred its second annual Holiday Tree! Hooray!

-- El

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As governor of Yew, I now to those wonderful people who have my citizens a wonderful holiday tree. Thank you thank you. What tree can my citizens now help on.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I missed Yew, but I'm trying like crazy to even pop the tree in Trinsic - the current place. I think today is day #2 (not sure). I'm out of Smithing and Carpentry BODs. Gotta see if I have any Tailor, Inscription stuff.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Alpha and Omega this year. At about 2:30 AM Eastern this morning, Britain got its Star Tree. If you see one of my characters on, ask for a BOD to drop on the tree to qualify for a reward. Remember the red rewards (neg karma) are rarer.

Screenshot 2019-01-03 03.02.12.png

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Congratulations for completing both yews and Britain's trees. Excellent job of pulling together and doing it. Mora contacted me discouraged that by midnight the free still didn't have a star. She wanted me to go threaten it with my ax. Glad I didn't have to do that.

Last edited:

Garion_UMP

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome job by all the crafters who were donating bods and resources for the cause. While most of them are now probably hiding from the local authorities after bribing virtually every vendor in every city, please thank them for their efforts when you see them. With LA being a smaller shard, it is not so easy for 5-6 people to star a tree, let alone do it twice. That takes a lot of effort. I know Mylene, Mora, Child Labor, El, and Geran among others were quite busy (apologies to those I did not see but many thanks to you as well).

Last year only Jhelom got a star tree. This year Britain and Yew did. Next year....three cities?