• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Thank you for the well welcome... Not!

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because i mention im from Siege ,just know that i started here and left for a reason. Thanks to the very, very few tthat help me guild wise/ally. Had no idea this shard was so separated. I wont shout out in chat again...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never stop calling out in chat. Just because some may not answer does not mean others will not. Also, many of us get wrapped up in things we are doing, or caught up in thoughts of our day to day lives.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Guess I missed it, what happened? I met a guy or guys from Seige yesterday In Britain was that you? Sorry was not on my main character but I normally help any new returning or transfer person, yesterday was busy day IRL at my house I think I went afk on ya . Welcome back to Catskills and sorry your arrival wasn't a good one , hopefully you give us all a second chance to make a better Impression on you. Yes there are clicks on Catskills in every type of Char to be played. It gets very annoying trying to fit in. What kind of group were you looking for?

Last edited:

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's difficult to comment on such a vague statement. You haven't really provided any details of the time you spent on Catskills, which chats you're referring to, or the efforts you made. For a new player on Catskills, I would suggest not only relying upon the general chat, but also posting here on Stratics. You're bound to get a lot of responses and offers of help. And I don't really know about any Siege specific prejudice existing here.

On another note, and this isn't directed at you in particular, VinnySP, I'm tired of posts that perpetuate this myth that Catskills is not a welcoming place. I've only really ever played on Catskills and Atlantic, and while there are things I like and don't like about both shards, I never felt that either of those places were so incredibly difficult to penetrate as a player. Because UO's population has dwindled so much over the years, players have become this resource and there's been this dramatic shift so that the burden seems to be on the shard to make someone feel welcome, rather than the new player to put any real time or effort into finding their place. For as many stories I hear about people not feeling welcome, I have just as many stories about people being given a ton of attention and equipment and effort and still vanishing anyway. Ask any GM of any particular play-style and I'm sure they'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It's frustrating as hell.

People also forget that as players, we're not being paid to be a welcoming committee. All of us have jobs or lives, and for the most part, play this game to be entertained. I don't mind devoting a certain amount of time every week to helping new people or answering questions, but I also need to be able to play UO for myself. Similarly, it's OKAY for people to favor specific play-styles or interests in the game. The word clique is always thrown around, except I would argue that people are entitled to focus on a particular play-style with those who share it. That's why we have guilds to begin with. As a role-player, I shouldn't be expected to be interested in certain things, just like I don't expect everyone to enjoy role-playing.

But all in all, I think that Catskills is a very welcoming place and that if people put in a reasonable amount of time and effort, they will find a place here for them. It's a good shard and I hate hearing anything that presents the opposite image.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Might I say a Cutie like that pic you will have all the girlys swooning over you.............*smiles* but, just remember General chat is sometimes very crazy, its not always like that so try not to judge us by General chat if that's where you mean by chat,,,,

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello Vinny. This post is a great first step to getting in touch with folks.

I'm a member of the RP community. I usually have ICQ on (although my mobile phone is a bit on the fritz at the moment). I'm more than willing to answer question to any of those new to catskills, not just rpers. My ICQ is 465-972-004

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just because i mention im from Siege ,just know that i started here and left for a reason. Thanks to the very, very few tthat help me guild wise/ally. Had no idea this shard was so separated. I wont shout out in chat again...
Are you Trinity???????

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply's guys and gals, maybe I went alil overboard with this thread but it was how I felt atm. The Cats I remember was bustling most of the time, people asked questions and usually got a response or a request to meet somewhere to talk. I had been asking questions in GC, seemed to being going ok but when I mentioned I was from Siege, all conversation stopped. It was like I had the Siege Cooties that everyone talks about but never see's . I understand everyone's doing there own thing and that im not entitled to any type of response from outside my current guild/ally. Maybe I was just disappointed ,maybe I expected abit more and I realize now, that falls on me.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We all react too fast from time to time on one matter or another Vinny, and believe me when I say that the majority of us do not fear Siege Cooties. As Judas said above, the community on Cats, as all other servers has diminished much. But there are still so many good folks to hang our with and have fun.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am sorry this happen i know i dont care what share u play on but i dont normal talk much in gen chat, i say give it another try and they do it again f**k them it just mean those people are worth your time if they think cuz u come a pvp share you a bad guy, i just trade a gift over there last week i am not a scared to log and trade knowing that i could get killed it a game

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only hang out in RP chat on Catskills and my hours are few a night. I never saw you speak at all or I would have said hello.