• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you for the tour of Olympus

C

canary

After jumping into a thread regarding your shard, and especially Olympus, I decided to go there and see what it was all about.

I think you all have built something very special, and I hope ALL parties are able to work on their differences to make something lasting and magical.

Special thanks to the character named 'Greg', if he is reading this. You have mad rp skills, dear. :thumbup1:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Canary. Welcome to Catskills.

Olympus is one of Catskills' most profound contribution to RP that still remains today from the moment it was founded 12+ years ago. The Guardians have worked very hard for a long time to make it special. Its a beautiful city and they are very proud of it. Glad you got to see it!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Olympus is full of great people and I am glade to have had the pleasure of meeting them (awhile back). Without the people of Olympus, I don't know where our towns on Chesapeake would be right now.

Forever in your debt,
Lord Gareth

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Olympus is full of great people and I am glade to have had the pleasure of meeting them (awhile back). Without the people of Olympus, I don't know where our towns on Chesapeake would be right now.

Forever in your debt,
Lord Gareth
We are proud to call them "Friends".
I do wish there were ways guilds could pay tribute to other guilds.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Canary, come to the PGOH Bazaar and faire this coming Saturday starting at 2pm est. You will be shown a fine time, and have a chance to meet more of the good folks who call Catskills their home.

Many of us are actively engaged in trying to preserve the rich history of our shard. Parcels of land that may seen a frivolous waste of time become important where the integrity of an area is concerned.

Olympus is the largest of the player towns left of Catskills. And no pettiness or ill will was intended in their offer to purchase the buildings. You have seen Olympus now, and should now understand the drive to keep the Roleplay nature of the City intact and unspoiled.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are also welcome to visit the GRI castle and other buildings near the PGoH town, plus the EyE Castle in Vesper.

Historically, GRI's "town" has been New Haven, since it's been our special mission to welcome and train new players. However, GRI's founder, CatLord, recently acquired several houses and a castle southwest of Trinsic Swamp at the southwest end of the PGoH township.

The castle plot has never been a part of PGoH lands; CatLord's ownership has made no material difference whatsoever in the layout of PGoH properties. Except for a few minor changes (mostly to the vendor halls on the first and second floors), the contents and arrangements are the same as they were when Highmoon, the former owner, held the castle. CatLord intends the interior to remain the same out of respect for her wishes. Considering that there has been and will be no change in the castle property or contents, the presence of GRI can have no detrimental effect on "the drive to keep the Roleplay nature of the [PGoH] City intact and unspoiled." This is an admirable pursuit and I trust all parties understand that GRI encourages PGoH in its continued peaceful enjoyment of role-playing on Catskills.
I'm no a fan of the "add-on" to Thom's house, I guess it's your way of being friendly but some people may find it as griefing.

http://oi55.***********/33wth8z.jpg

The big house is currently PGoH senate hall and Library and that small house as you can see is Gri being Friendly.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They sure do have some genius architects over there at Olympus.

C

canary

Someone has offered me a further tour of their shard... but they have to remove some PM's from their mailbox so I can respond to them. You know who you are. ;)

I look forward to learning more about your guilds and people!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm no a fan of the "add-on" to Thom's house, I guess it's your way of being friendly but some people may find it as griefing.

http://oi55.***********/33wth8z.jpg

The big house is currently PGoH senate hall and Library and that small house as you can see is Gri being Friendly.
*holds head in shame*

This design was my idea and therefor my responsibility. I thought it would be a nice touch to an already magnificent design. My thinking was it would show a (hopefully) joint venture between PGoH and GRI. Both PGoH and GRI being long standing pillars in the community it seemed only logical there would no doubt be a good relationship.

However I do see the flaw in my logic. Although Thom is a great individual and intensely interested in community spirit, he still might like to know when add-ons are made to his dwellings!

I had thought this would be a better option than some seemingly out of place building in such a beautiful city. However, due to my haste I now see the disrespect I showed toward PGoH and I apologize for that. I will have the design cleared as soon as I can come up with something more appropriate.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spoke to Podolak about his plot beside mine earlier this evening, and told him it was fine by me for him to leave it as it is for now. I appreciate his desire to fit in with the surrounding area, and his willingness to change the design, but it's not necessary at this time.