• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you for allowing us to turn in Helm of Spirituality and Gauntlets of Valor!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still curious as to why set pieces like Myrmidon Armor from ML peerless were not included in the Spring Clean turn-ins.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this was a mistake on someone's end. All the Heritage tokens are already sold out on Atlantic.

E

Evilminion

A rather sad day for those of us who love to decorate. Heritage tokens have been a wonderful and fairly inexpensive way to give every home a bit of classy flair: rugs, fruit trees, special furniture... wonderful stuff. Now they'll be impossible to get. :sad2:

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's really, really pathetic. now the heritage tokens will be 1-2mil just so people can use them for turn-ins.. forgetting that they have so many other better uses. not to mention they were FREE. -rolls eyes, knows it was a mistake, also knows it won't be fixable and if it is people will complain about all the heritage tokens they bought-

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was this discovered on Origin?

S

SilentFoxXy

Some you win some you lose,

Again, as usual, I took the publish notes as law, and placed the Gauntlets, and helm on sale for a reasonable 100k per part, fully understanding why they werent included. Only to find out, wow, all 40 have gone, @ 100k each, wonder why??

Gahhhh !!!

Priced up my heritage items @ 100k and 75k, suddenly realised last week when 75 of them went in one go that something was afoot, someone knew, was forewarned, that heritage tokens would suddenly rocket in value overnight.....

Then minutes before the publish is live all my helms and gauntlets sell out, darn it wish I was an insider, hard old life not knowing , and a shame that some folk do get told this stuff, to profit off our mistakes.

Serves me right for .....I know I know, I should learn, seller beware...;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya just gotta love QA!!! LOLOLOLOL

Geeez it never ends

But anyway, thanks devs, cool work, we made a fortune in points =)

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably, and Origin players were nice enough not to tell. :heart: Them. Not that I plan to use my 50 tokens for some crap turn ins but the gauntlets and such I did get as drops from the dungeons will be turned in.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't play Origin or test, and only discovered this on Napa today. You can bet I would have posted on this if I did discover it on test, just so good folks like SilentFoxXy wouldn't lose out on their deserved rewards. Mistake or not, I am pleased to be able to turn in what was acquired from the Anti-Virtue dungeons. Maybe EAMythic does need to beef up QA.

L

love2winalot

You should see all the people running around luna on LS looking for those tokens that sold for 250k. It gives you 10,000 pts. I found 7 tokens total. There were 2 venders who had raised their price of them up to 750k.

I will note, it is almost impossible to find anything on any vender anymore that is on the turn in list. Fishing nets, peerless rewards, power scrolls. And if you do find it, it has been priced according to turn in point value, instead of the actual item value. :pint:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play Origin or test, and only discovered this on Napa today. You can bet I would have posted on this if I did discover it on test, just so good folks like SilentFoxXy wouldn't lose out on their deserved rewards. Mistake or not, I am pleased to be able to turn in what was acquired from the Anti-Virtue dungeons. Maybe EAMythic does need to beef up QA.
Meh he sold them for he originally intended I would not call it a loss. Just as in the real world prices and markets shift unexpectedly from a day to day basis. If it were a concern the items could simply have been pulled a few days before the publish. The testers on Origin didn't report it, so it works out for whoever has tokens saved up, because honestly, I have like 50 of the things I have no use for and are just dust gathering. I don't plan to do any turn ins using them but if time runs out I may be tempted to burn a few.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I would like to see now is some official word about this. Will it change or will it stay.

I have a bunch of these tokens but I don´t think I will turn them in until I hear if this change will stay or not. If it will stay then good, if not then I would only feel that I´m cheating the system...

Might sell them though and keep my conscience clean... :p (although that doesn´t feel like the right thing to do either.) Heh.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just seems unfair to me that what is reported as intended by a Dev/Community member turns out wrong, and there are those with a heads up on the issue to take advantage of it. Just burns my sense of fair play.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just seems unfair to me that what is reported as intended by a Dev/Community member turns out wrong, and there are those with a heads up on the issue to take advantage of it. Just burns my sense of fair play.
Well then maybe the devs should be testing their own changes and not depend on QA solely? It's still amazing to be how one patch ago the Grobu's Fur turn in was bugged...HOW is one of the MAIN points of a publish overlooked? Don't they test the code they write?
Test it yourself, then let others test...

S

SilentFoxXy

Meh he sold them for he originally intended I would not call it a loss. Just as in the real world prices and markets shift unexpectedly from a day to day basis. If it were a concern the items could simply have been pulled a few days before the publish. The testers on Origin didn't report it, so it works out for whoever has tokens saved up, because honestly, I have like 50 of the things I have no use for and are just dust gathering. I don't plan to do any turn ins using them but if time runs out I may be tempted to burn a few.
I fully agree actually, Im happy to have sold them at 100k.....else I would have asked more...obviously.

Fortune favours the brave, they grabbed em, and it was a gamble, Mythic/ EA, Uncie Bob may have noticed and fixed it,.......

It does however irk somewhat, kinda niggles away.......but, c'est la vie, I should know by now to be more careful, and up my prices just in case....*(Wanders off to put prices of spools of thread up to 10m just in case they manage to slip in to the hand in by mistake...;) Irony, heck, Im flat enough already...;)*

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
(Wanders off to put prices of spools of thread up to 10m just in case they manage to slip in to the hand in by mistake...;)[/COLOR]*
Nooooooo!

I was just about to buy those... :fight:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was unhappy, that I got two arties today in dungeons. And what? 2x those helmets.
So now I'm happy. And no, I will not swap my heritage tokens for those items.
*Salute*
Olahorand

F

Flora Green

I tried 3? days ago to turn in the gauntlets and they were declined. They were in with other 10k items and I had forgotten they weren't on the list. Having read this thread maybe 2 mins ago I logged in, gave my gauntlets to Yonns and they were accepted?? No idea when this was changed on Origin.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well....now I am curious. I am a bit bummed. Bought a large amount of points for resale and now hrmmm. Anyone seen what the going value of them is atm???? Still around same level?

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just highlights the main problem with the way they did this turn in event.

Am I the only one who thought when this turn in stuff was first announced that the items to be turned in should be items from 3+ years ago that are no longer able to be gotten?

L

Lord Drakelord

I'm standing at the chest turning in my tickets when someone says, "hey Yonns took my virtue armor helm!" And we all go, you got to be kidding! And they say, "no he took a helm and now I going to try the gauntlets."

Well not more then a minute that person is back and says, "He took the gaunlets!" And we all going, ok it has to be a mistake, right? But what if its not a mistake, what if they changed it at the last minute? Then there a big rush to get tokens and armor for Yonns! I will say I was turning in enough to get my wife the set of mages' armor, but with the helms and gauntlets I was able to turned in enough to get a set for me as well.

Thank you!

H

Hanna

that's really, really pathetic. now the heritage tokens will be 1-2mil just so people can use them for turn-ins.. forgetting that they have so many other better uses. not to mention they were FREE. -rolls eyes, knows it was a mistake, also knows it won't be fixable and if it is people will complain about all the heritage tokens they bought-
Actually what really is pathetic is that UO charged people for the original tokens, many people bought several boxes just to get the tokens, only to have UO turn around and hand them out like candy.

S

Sarphus

Probably, and Origin players were nice enough not to tell. :heart: Them. Not that I plan to use my 50 tokens for some crap turn ins but the gauntlets and such I did get as drops from the dungeons will be turned in.

Actually, it wasn't like this on origin yesterday and was patched to be like this. Origin players weren't zipping it :)

EDIT:
I thought I should mention that I sent in a bug report when I was unable to turn in my virtue helm on origin. The next day (today) I could.

T

Tiamat

I spend millions buying some heritage tokens to decorate my house with, and then EA decides to hand them out like candy. And now that I have all that candy, things appear to have gone full circle.

...........I have one thing to say:

This event is silly!

S

Starla

I actually used alot of tokens and claimed the carpets to totally covered my castle floors. Well, I wished I had kept them and turn them in for 10k points each. :cursing:

T

Tiamat

On the bright side, those carpets of yours might end up being worth a lot after this event is over and people realize there's no longer a glut of no-longer-obtainable heritage tokens lying around

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the bright side, those carpets of yours might end up being worth a lot after this event is over and people realize there's no longer a glut of no-longer-obtainable heritage tokens lying around
Unless they give them out again with the 11th anniversary just around the corner.:sword:

A

AesSedai

- hmmm...
re: Tiamat's posts to the thread

Full circle?
Hmm. I wonder.
Interesting. Thx.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would anyone buy a heritage token -10k point turn in for 1millo gold..

That would make a 100k reward worth 10 million.....LOL ( At a crazy 100g per point) LOL LOL LOL

Wake up guys and gals...they aint worth no were near that figure anymore....Yes on day 1 of Phase 1 ...But alas not anymore...no no no

:danceb::danceb::danceb:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Furthermore i will forcast Market value @....

100k reward item for 4m ( THinkS i pRdiCted This sOMeTime AGo) topS!!!!

So 10k turn-in point items @400k gold tops!!....and i mean Top End!!!!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Well I was reading the post on uo.com wrong and went and bought all the helms and hands when it first was posted. Then was like **** I cant turn these in and spent 50-125k per helm and hands.

Then accidently droped a helm and it took it so I had 17 all together and got 170,000 pts.

Now I have 40 heritage tokens left. (Lots of account) I bet I could nail 1-2mill per and make 40-80million in sales.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Why would anyone buy a heritage token -10k point turn in for 1millo gold..

That would make a 100k reward worth 10 million.....LOL ( At a crazy 100g per point) LOL LOL LOL

Wake up guys and gals...they aint worth no were near that figure anymore....Yes on day 1 of Phase 1 ...But alas not anymore...no no no

just sold 10 10k points or 100k points for 5 mill on ls shard

N

Nenime

I'm pretty sure this is a bug / overlook and will soon be fixed. On TC1 they can't be turned in. And Jeremy wouldn't said that about the Helm if they had any plans for turning in token rewards.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm sure I've thrown away at least a dozen helms in the past year or so. It seemed like every second arti I was getting when I was hunting was a helm, and they were worthless. I would dump them in front of New Haven bank for some new player to have.

In fact I dumped at least a couple only in the past week or two, and you know, when I did it, there was a little voice telling me, "You'll be sorrry..." *smacks head*

R

RavenWinterHawk

I'm sure I've thrown away at least a dozen helms in the past year or so. It seemed like every second arti I was getting when I was hunting was a helm, and they were worthless. I would dump them in front of New Haven bank for some new player to have.

In fact I dumped at least a couple only in the past week or two, and you know, when I did it, there was a little voice telling me, "You'll be sorrry..." *smacks head*
Note self:
Go buy up all the deeded redemption tokens.

Profit later.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just sold 10 10k points or 100k points for 5 mill on ls shard
You got a good price!!! 10x 10k point heritage tokens=100k points for 5m is very very good indeed!!! I seriously doubt any of the 100k point prizes are ''Still worth'' 5m in todays market, price will only drop because of this blunderbus!!

I would certainly sell every last heritage token i have for this price on Europa!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seroiusly though!!! and joking far far apart......

Why pay 500k gold 1 heritage token =for a 10k prize ticket

When u can do what ive been doing and buying up every last corrupted tree and travestys tray, musheroom and crystal that are all 1k prize tickets for as little as 1k-5k gold !!!! Which equals to [10 items] = 1 x 10k ticket....

So for only 10k-50k gold per 10k reward ticket....kinda gets the old gogs turning yes in ones head!!! Muahhahamauahahaa

C

Connor_Graham

Seroiusly though!!! and joking far far apart......

Why pay 500k gold 1 heritage token =for a 10k prize ticket

When u can do what ive been doing and buying up every last corrupted tree and travestys tray, musheroom and crystal that are all 1k prize tickets for as little as 1k-5k gold !!!! Which equals to [10 items] = 1 x 10k ticket....

So for only 10k-50k gold per 10k reward ticket....kinda gets the old gogs turning yes in ones head!!! Muahhahamauahahaa

I think most shards have been cleaned out of those. I know I bought up every single one I could find in Luna and outlying vendor malls on Pacific the day the new turn in items were announced. I was getting points for as cheap as 1gp per.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think most shards have been cleaned out of those. I know I bought up every single one I could find in Luna and outlying vendor malls on Pacific the day the new turn in items were announced. I was getting points for as cheap as 1gp per.
Yup!!!! Sits back very satisfied with his last months shopping...Lol in his bulging at the seams store house!!! mauahaaaa

:pancakes::pancakes::pancakes:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Yup!!!! Sits back very satisfied with his last months shopping...Lol in his bulging at the seams store house!!! mauahaaaa

:pancakes::pancakes::pancakes:
Beauty is now...

Sit back and buy the armour when it come out.

ALWAYS ALWAY ALWAYS.

People buy up the new stuff, people hold it, then everyone puts it out.

Great snag for the token buyers
But that means youll be able to buy the set cheaper then getting the points (assuming you didnt get the tokens)

My point
Full sets will be offered at like 15 to 20 million instead of 30 to 40 million.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you're kidding me!!!!!!!!! i had 1900 heritage tokens at one point from xshard trading, i sold about 1000 of them at 100k each how lame omg.... i got about 800 left but plan to keep 500...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i aint paid more than 10g per point.. hopefully topend if not a lot less.....That makes it tops i paid 1m per 100k piece

Iam ''HAPPY'' Bunny for the Trade In... Just need lot more points for all 3 armour sets, the jewel set and a few bits and pieces..jeepers 2m points aint gonna be enough!!!!