• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you Dev Team !!

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
for the goblin statuettes.

Signed by (in crayon, or fingerpaints, since Rosy ate all the markers again)

Every Goblin

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The goblin statuettes from the store "turn you into goblins" when in your backpack and you click on them. Ring and/or fishing pole no longer necessary.
Ooooohhh.....

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are they blessed? Canst thou choose betwixt green and gray? Can gargoyles use them? Wilt thou be seeing "Spilz Peachwines" on Baja soon?

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely have to get me some of these and make some goblin characters! I'd love to see additional forms in the future too like Solen, Ophidians, Terrathans, Meer, and Juka!

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Meez waited sooo long fur dis and meez sad now dat dey here. :( Da statue itselfz iz HUGE in meez backpack - itz bigger den meez!! Meez can't gooz soooper fast wif da statute. Uhnudder goblin said himz kuldnt gooz into lich forn wif da statue. When meez asked Messy Anna to git da pole out meez hand meez meant fur meez and all da goblinz to beez able to function like all da hummiez - Da billity to gooz fast fast fum monsterz und uze all da skillz fully. Meez gab meez statue away nerg sure meez gunnz eber yooz itz. :(

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meez waited sooo long fur dis and meez sad now dat dey here. :( Da statue itselfz iz HUGE in meez backpack - itz bigger den meez!! Meez can't gooz soooper fast wif da statute. Uhnudder goblin said himz kuldnt gooz into lich forn wif da statue. When meez asked Messy Anna to git da pole out meez hand meez meant fur meez and all da goblinz to beez able to function like all da hummiez - Da billity to gooz fast fast fum monsterz und uze all da skillz fully. Meez gab meez statue away nerg sure meez gunnz eber yooz itz. :(

Yea, I'm just as outraged as you are buddy.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure you've definitely made it very easy for anyone to understand your feedback on this item.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure you've definitely made it very easy for anyone to understand your feedback on this item.
Very clear. They wanted to use the statue and live as a Goblin. But they cant. You can not mount a pet, can not use forms from spells.

Goblins want to play the same way humans can play.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's this? Another player request taken up by the Dev's only to be half-assed implemented...sort of done on a weekend cos they were bored sort of thing...
...No....that cannot be....:pie:

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very clear. They wanted to use the statue and live as a Goblin. But they cant. You can not mount a pet, can not use forms from spells.

Goblins want to play the same way humans can play.
*nods* but I also think it's an improvement. It frees up ring slot or both weapon/spellbook and shield spots. As much as my goblin would love to ride a battle chicken lizard or ossein ram (goat) I'm very happy w/ the statuette

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
To bad, they could not do the Red Cap in the store (EM Drop)
red cap.jpg red cap1.jpg

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm:

Yet another store item that nobody bothered to announce on the website. Someone at Broadsword needs a remedial marketing class (don't get me started on the fact the EJ is virtually unadvertised as well) Please hire a community manager, they needn't have a degree in communication - just a love of the game, some common sense, and posting privileges. (all site posts should be run by them for consistency, spelling and grammar checking)

While the art is cute and all, it's...weird. A trophy? Really? It makes you think the art was appropriated from the Huntmaster's Challenge...which begs the question... hunting sentients? *sighs* This recalls the giant spider trophy that definitely belonged to the Huntmaster (a seriously stale bit of content) Broadsword needs someone to run ideas by who, you know, plays. Since functionality was the main thing with this item, they could have just used the goblin frame from tracking...they've been good enough for vet rewards the last 20 years.

As to the functionality of the item itself, they really dropped the ball on this. It should have allowed for the full range of spells and special moves. Form changers, like Vampiric Embrace, could have been accounted for by applying a hue - same with wraith form, just apply the semi-transparent hue...etc. They could also have upped movement speed to somewhere between running and mounted to account for the art limitation. (they could also simply make a mount invisible when used, which is the easiest option)

I still say they should release one item that can be set (one time) to one of the extant costume/polymorph/form choices, allows for ALL special moves and spells, etc. K.I.S.S.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Okay, now that I have one...

It's cute!

But yeah, it needs to be just a skin so that your character can function normally--it needs to be able animal forms and polymorphs, vampiric embrace, savage kin paint, etc. It also needs to allow gargoyle flight.

It IS pretty big in my pack. I can live with it, but it could stand to be scaled down a bit.

I like it as a statue, but the base is totally unnecessary and unlike most other statues in game. If we want a base, we'll build one ourselves or use a pedestal or something. Heck, let us craft wooden bases of different sizes for the many statues in game... but don't stick us with something we have to try to hide if we want to use an item as decor where a base won't work.

I did not expect to ever be able to ride a mount as a goblin, so I'm not at all surprised or disappointed about that. Adding art for mounted goblins sounds like a lot of work (and self-defeating precedent if they intend to introduce other "costume" type items). Making the mount invisible as Dot suggested is a good idea if that is possible.

So... close. A little tweaking would make this great. I hope they revisit this and make it more a straight skin over your character. I have less interest in buying any more with the limitations this one has.

For anyone interested:

It is blessed.
You can NOT fly as a gargoyle with it as you can with the Underworld ring and fishing pole.
You can't use animal forms.
You can't ride a mount.
You can only use it in your topmost pack.

Here is what it looks like in your pack inactive (CC):
Screenshot (215).png

And active (CC):
Screenshot (214).png

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend bought one and wants it reported that:

If you die, your corpse is that of a goblin. (Good!)

When you resurrect, you're back to your base species and have to turn it on again. (BAD!)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to thank them too..Thank you devs, for the 470 golden tuna bait I just burned through without a single golden tuna of any size or shape. You helped me free up some necessary storage space, thank you thank you. #eyeroll

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just for the record I met a goblin yesterday who spoke proper Queen's English and had a British accent.
Mine on Sonoma went to the School of hard knocks, hents the bloody red cap she wears. All those knocks on the head

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would like to thank them too..Thank you devs, for the 470 golden tuna bait I just burned through without a single golden tuna of any size or shape. You helped me free up some necessary storage space, thank you thank you. #eyeroll
Try 2k worth of bait for ONE VERY low weight Zombie fish...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bait, even with the laughable fisherman's suit, is less than worthless.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya trouble with fishing pole is u cant hold a real weaapon like u can i guess with the statuette goblin

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And Orcs are easier to understand . . .
Dat's wut yooz tinkz - demz az bad az da hummiez und dey smell eben worser!

Pole = green goblin
Ring = grey golblin
statuettes = no need to quest anymore? sad
Da quest are free dat uh guud reason to dooz dem. Und yooz can gooz sooper fast wif da pole or da ring - da statue slowz yooz down.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dat's wut yooz tinkz - demz az bad az da hummiez und dey smell eben worser!

Da quest are free dat uh guud reason to dooz dem. Und yooz can gooz sooper fast wif da pole or da ring - da statue slowz yooz down.
*gets the hose*

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can thee statuete goblins hold weapons.. if so... result

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
can thee statuete goblins hold weapons.. if so... result
I'm gonna guess yes. Or there would be no point to not using a fishing pole, etc. It would be the only reason to get one other than they are a cute statue :p

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yerg uzizn can hold weapons wif dat but itz makez uzizn super slow und some spellz nerg wurk