• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Thank You, Citizens of Minoc

Toshi

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Citizens of Minoc,

We have a long history of caring for the poor, going back hundreds of years, since almost the time of the founding of the city of Minoc itself. Though we may understand the desperate travails of the poor unfortunates who live on the outskirts of our fine city in the neighborhood known to locals as, "Barter Town," we must not condone their brazen thefts.

Yes, everybody deserves shelter and sustenance, and we can help each other so that none may go without. This is what Minoc has been known for since Lord British first brought his Virtues to Britannia, when our citizens were first recognized for their Sacrifice in helping their neighbors, especially those less fortunate, and Minoc was named the City of Sacrifice.

However, we were first known for our hard work and industriousness. The hardworking people of Minoc are generous indeed, but it is only through the fruits of our hard labor that we are able to support our hungry and poor.

As for mineself, there are those among ye who have witnessed my personal rise from a mere vagabond minstrel to become a prosperous local business owner. When I first settled in Minoc, in my small, rustic, stone hut near the Minoc Moongate and I began to work to sell my wares, it was the people of Minoc who helped to make me successful. Despite early attempts by the organized criminal element to drive my business under, I prevailed, in no small part due to your support of my small shop. So, for those of you who have invested in my success, I thank thee! Not only for your good business in the past, but now also for your faith in selecting me as your new governor, that I may lead Minoc to even more prosperous days.

Thank you all for your generous support.

Although I cannot promise clear skies and fair winds always, I foretell that there is no problem facing Minoc that cannot be overcome through hard work and our dedication to each other and our Virtue. Though the thieves afflicting our town may continue to plague us for the immediate future, our Virtue will ultimately prevail over their greed.

Last edited:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Under the leadership of Governor Blind Otto, the Minoc Trade Extension was formed to finally take advantage of the town's new docks. While we had the docks, we did not have a proper customs setup to deal with import and export of goods. Unfortunately, we still had to rely on our nearest overland neighbors for our shipping needs. We have now gained some manner of shipping independence. Growth of the Trade Extension was slow, but is now making a tidy profit. Now, the locals of Minoc can enjoy reasonably priced goods not previously available from the various shopkeeps of the city. Though under independent administration, all past and future profits from trade are earmarked for Minoc's people and treasury.

It is my hope that Minoc will continue along its current path of prosperity under your leadership, Governor Toshi.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings newly elected mayor Toshi.
I am the current Abbess of St. Brendan's which is located just a stone's throw from the Bartertown District. Close to me is the headquarters of the "Guts and Glory Trading Company LLC". The proprietors of this establishment, the Lyre sisters, are businesswomen though the former Keeper of Gilfane, Lady Hoff's considered them pirates. Alas my reputation with her was hardly better as her lover Cyrill Snobbly wanted to arrest me for animal cruelty. I assure you that I am guilty of no such thing. I am in fact a veterinarian and a naturalist.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Barefoot Scribe

Just because you love the sheep does not mean it loves you back. The things you have done make me shudder, animal cruelty is only the beginning of the list of horrors that I hear happens at St. Brendan's.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all due respect @Stinky Pete, gossip and innuendo do not constitute facts. From whom have you heard of these "horrors"? Cyrill in his cups at the local pub? Lord have mercy!
At best it is just a situation of the pot commenting on the hue of the kettle.And welcome to the neighborhood by the way.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Of course I hear these things at the pub! Where else does one hear of things?

Art thou insinuating, with thy pot and kettle statement ,that I, Stinky Pete, am anything but a friend to the animals that inhabit our land? The bards sing tales of my heroic deeds and efforts in protecting the animals from unnatural predators such as thyself. Thy words have no weight, sir.

(RP) - Of men and sheep

Perhaps thou would be interested in selling St. Brendan's to me and moving closer to Skara Brae where such behavior is tolerated. I, of course, would have to demolish the building as such filth is not so easily washed away, so I am prepared to offer thee fair market price of the land minus the cost of demolition.