• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you and Good Bye

• Thread starter imported_Teserax
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Teserax

Welp, the circle is now complete..

Today I cancelled my final account as I have not even loaded the game in approximately 4 months. I have enjoyed my time here and wish everyone the best. (The current subscription ends May 9, 2008).

I am leaving everything in my house so when it falls it will be a nice grab. The house is located on GL right outside Luna and is 16x18 in size (location in my sig). Nice items.. heritage, shadow, frag, evil tokens, tons of mats, some nice arties (Doom and Tokuno), etc..

I have enjoyed my years playing UO and have met some wonderful people but I cannot justify the money per month (no matter how little) when I do not even have UO installed on my new PC.

Take care and I hope we cross paths in another game. (Currently I am in WoW - Spinebreaker - Horde) - Send me a PM if you play and we can possibly hook up.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!!!

PS - I will be on these forums until this weekend and that will be all since if I DO come back I might convince myself to extend another couple months and do not wish to tempt myself

PPS - BRING BACK THE COUNSELORS!!!

K

kennykilleduo

Support the restoration of the Volunteer Program :

How many more vets do we have to lose.....

C

Connor_Graham

(The current subscription ends May 9, 2008).

Kinda coincidental that's my birthday.

All kidding aside, gl in your future endeavors, whatever they may be.

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleh, really sad to see you go. I certainly was one of the supporters of your Bring back the Counselors campaign. Your house with all your goodies wont fall for another 3 months. Maybe in that time something might give you the desire to come back. Most people I've known to go to WoW eventually get the itch to come back to UO. Hopefully you will be one of those.

If not, safe journey and was a pleasure knowing you.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could consider buying some gametime for ingame cash, if you have some nice items!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I"m pretty sure that house won't fall till some time in September.

OH, and from this Ex Volunteer..good future to you...

F

Fayled Dhreams

mmmm
you may have noted the part about:
"(The current subscription ends May 9, 2008)"
so
June 9
July 9
August 9 ...

yeah ... he has "time" ... to reconsider

so cruel to point out a "math" problem ... related to UO ... in the Hall

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's no exact math for Account House Falls. It will take the server at least a month to realise the account has gone inactive.

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

mmmm
you may have noted the part about:
"(The current subscription ends May 9, 2008)"
so
June 9
July 9
August 9 ...

yeah ... he has "time" ... to reconsider

so cruel to point out a "math" problem ... related to UO ... in the Hall

[/ QUOTE ]
Aye, but he also said he just cancelled his last account so was it active til May 9th until he cancelled? Last time I actually "cancelled" an account, I lost w/e gametime I had left on it. Now if he meant he just wont play anymore but the account remains active, then yeah that gives him even more time, otherwise, it's 90 days from today.

F

Fayled Dhreams

exactly ...
*whew*

Now ... If we could get an IDOCer to 'splain somethings to GarthGrey

oh

nevermind ...

OP first line: Today I cancelled my final account ...

I

imported_Teserax

Regardless of that matter.. if it comes to a point that I do come back it isnt that hard to get something I want. At this time I havent logged in UO in months therefore continuing to pay is pointless. I am not getting rid of my account just canceling the subscription..

As for "advertising" WoW, I am informing people to whom I am friends where I will be and would be happy to join them if they are already a part.. (PS -I have been playing WoW for about a year now so I know the treadmill...)

G

Safe Travels, I am not far behind you. My account get transfered in May and I am gone as well.

Some may not know this but Tes was the Shard Lead Counselor of Great Lakes back in the day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some may not know this but Tes was the Shard Lead Counselor of Great Lakes back in the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take care Teserax, I wish you well in your future endeavors!

From a former Counselor (was Counselor Magister of Oceania with Gumleaf as my SRC), I thank you for all you have done for the Community of Ultima Online. Be well, indeed!

*bows*

I

imported_Teserax

Thank you all for your kind words

For the record, I am not leaving because of the state of UO but because I do not have the time to dedicate to multiple online games, work, family, blah blah

UO is a great game and will always be number one to me.. unfortunately things change

Take care!

G

<blockquote><hr>

why are you advertising WoW?

Most UO players that I know have found it and eventually realized that it's a pointless and boring treadmill with little immersion.

At best, your advert will sucker someone into dumping their UO account and later regreting it (like I suspect you will when you get into the treadmill phase).

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently started playing WoW got my fire mage to 70, tailoring is maxed and enchanting is maxed I have done tons of raids and high lvl instances I got bored. I created a blood elf palley by lvl 15 I realized it was the same damn thing but different items and gear and spells. there is no randomness in gear like UO everything that spawns has a name and the same properties its lame. I still play wow from time to time but realized no matter what bugs, exploits, scripts being used, lack of CS, UO is the better game hands down. I have tried almost every MMO and I always find myself back to UO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

(The current subscription ends May 9, 2008).

Kinda coincidental that's my birthday.

All kidding aside, gl in your future endeavors, whatever they may be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thats my husbands birthday too. The first day of the year his age catches up to mine and he has to stop making 'older woman' jokes at my expense.

GL to the OP, hope you enjoy WoW.

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Some of my happiest memories of UO were being a counselor under his guidance.

Good luck Tes! You will be missed as will you Dennar, more than you will know!