• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Texas Players? Come say hi!

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Just checking on who all is actively playing and in Texas? I am in Dallas and looking at maybe a monthly dinner/gathering somewhere that has wifi and maybe just dinner and meet and greet or add to it and bring our laptops and do a group monthly hunt over dinner and drinks... Just curious who all would be interested...

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
MEEES WOOD DOED DAT, BUT MEES BNNED FROM DALLAS/FT AREA

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Cool, I will try to come up with something, at the least, just a dinner and greet and if everything works out, a hunt also but want to try and make it professional and fun.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
in the coming months, i will try to work on the logistics and get a website up and running for RSVP and information. My ultimate ideal thought would be IF i didn't live in a hotel, to just host it at my home and cook for everyone since I am quite the accomplished cook and it would be much easier and convenient that way. but for now we can maybe find different places to change it up and experience new stuff all over the DFW area and maybe even host it in different cities across Texas, since Texas is such a huge ass state lol... that way others from surrounding states can have a better chance to attend.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* Amarillo, Tx.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
HAD UO LADY FRIEND IN FT WORTH, WHY IM NOT ALLOWED BACK DER

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ahh cant help ya. Born and raised in Friendswood, live in Flori-duh now.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I am looking to make it a primarily Dallas area event but if someone was able to get a major interest in another part of texas, maybe it can be like an event that rotates to different geographically dispersed cities. This is all just in the initial phases of discovery to see what kind of interest there is. With me not having transportation, i rely on the public bus/train system. In the end, I think having one location that is ran in a professional manner and comes to be known for things being a certain way, would be a good thing. Let's all talk about this more. I would also love to try and get new interest from non UO players into joining and growing our own player base, primarily on Atlantic since that is my home shard.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I live on the east side of the Metroplex (Have eaten plenty of burgers in Deep Ellum actually) but my life schedule is pretty chaotic, so the chances of me attending are pretty slim. And I don't play Atlantic.

But I'm interested in your endeavor and hope it succeeds.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yes, please keep us up to date. With enough notice I might plan a trip. Heck ya might post this inquiry on Uhall. Oklahoma is pretty close. Jirel might make the trip just to kick my ass. ;)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do not play Atlatis either...

Bliss

Adventurer
Houston, Texas here. I'm just getting back into playing on Catskills again. So far I've shopped for, made, and stolen decorations for my house....I'm seeing a theme here. haha.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If anyone ends up on Atlantic, UWF has a handful of Texans that play regularly and are active in our TS channel.