• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Tested WW "bogus" damage [FIXED!] =)

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Update: Dev's fixed it. Wooohoo! Bushido is now better than ever. :banana: WW does more damage to all other surrounding monsters (not to the primary). See image on the bottom.

According to UOGuide.com, I should be doing an extra....64 damage at 120 bushido with 4 enemies surrounding me!
Whirlwind Attack - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
QUOTE: "For example, if you are using a weapon with Whirlwind on it, and you are surrounded by 4 enemies, and have a Bushido skill of 90, the additional damage you do to each of those enemies will be 36 points of additional damage"

That sounds SWEET right?! Extra 36 points of additional damage to EACH enemy?! Wrong. I see zero additional damage. =(

Is this "bonus damage" considered "damage increase" that you normally get from items? If so, that explains the results of my tests....because I see 0 actual difference. Guess I should have tried running 0 DI on my gear.

I did a simple test
Image 1: regular hit damage
Image 2: 120 bushido WW with four mud eles surrounding me (double axe, ele slayer)
Image 3: 0 bushido WW with four mud eles surrounding me (double axe, ele slayer)
reg hits.jpg
120 bushido WW.jpg 0 bushido WW.jpg

screenshot_032.jpg

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You do show more damage in the first screen than the 2nd - though that's certainly well within the variation one might expect from different AR, and surely not 40 more damage.

I would be quite curious to see the effect of Frenzied Whirlwind, just to compare.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Tuan. First screen is double strike damage (regular hitting). 2nd screen is WW with 120 bushido. 3rd screen is WW with 0 bushido. I initially expected the 2nd screen (WW with 120 bushido) to do the most damage, but it looks to be the same.

Average damage is about 50, but depends on the resist of the mud ele.

Good point about Frenzied Whirlwind. That might be worth testing. =)

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Happy to say that this got fixed today! Looks like the devs took notice. Yay! I added an updated photo at the end with a green smiley face. Normal hits were doing about 55 damage. Surrounding WW hits were 75-85.

Note: I dropped LJ and picked up parry so in the previous photos, I was doing higher damage normal hits. I'm also using a different weapon (100% fire instead of 100% cold) so I wouldn't focus too much on differences in damage from the old photos vs new ones.

Last edited: