• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center 3 Going Offline at 11:00 AM for update

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_LFancey

We expect the outage to be about 2-3 hours.

Cheers,

Lee

G

2-3 hours?!? Darn, and on a day that I gotta get off the puter early. Wonder what the update is gonna end up being for it to be down that long, usually we only come down for 30 minutes to an hour on Wednesdays don't we?

G

<blockquote><hr>

CREAM BEAR SUITS

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAH!! I hope so! I joined the strike on 9th.

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

* Lot Categories: EA Store lot now has its own symbol.
* Free Accounts: Free accounts no longer count toward vistor hours.
* Graphics: More improvements to DirectX 9 game client.
* User Interface: Updated some splash screen and game buttons to use EA-Land.
* Character Creation: Occasional crash during avatar creation fixed.
* Custom Content: The volume of custom content is climbing which is very exciting so we have updated the way we approve your uploaded content. Please allow at least 24 hours for approval.

[/ QUOTE ]

J

jafo1972

Lee, any news on when us free players will be able to get back in the game?

I logged in and can't go anywhere, not even my own lot, because it's not a residential lot.

And this is TC3 I am talking about.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

* Custom Content: The volume of custom content is climbing which is very exciting so we have updated the way we approve your uploaded content. Please allow at least 24 hours for approval.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up....free account players will no longer count toward VH in TC3 even, when that is the only place the free players can play unlimitedly? That's gonna cause *alot* of dissention between free and premium members, and I fear some lot owners will be so eager to get up on the list that they will start banning all the free players from their lots that they can. I can fully understand and even support a change like this in EAL, but *not* TC3. I don't understand why this was done, other than to prevent the 25 hidden free sims on a lot, which is a good thing, but could have been combated another way

I

imported_Gracie Nito

It's impossible for homeowners to know who is free and who is not. LOL. Visitor hours should start to get a little wacky in TC3. Although since they can't visit skill or money lots those will remain the same.

What I can't figure out is this new store category thing for EA Store. Anyone?

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

It's impossible for homeowners to know who is free and who is not. LOL. Visitor hours should start to get a little wacky in TC3. Although since they can't visit skill or money lots those will remain the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

In TC3 free players can go to any lot. I am guessing you mean in EA Land?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

As of today they don't seem to be able to go to money lots in TC3.

M

Monkeybear

I like the new login screen but can we please talk about the logos for eal...

J

jafo1972

They apparently are testing something in TC3 and will fix it later. Thanks for the warning guys.

M

Monkeybear

For anyone that is interested *screenies*

I'm not a fan of the EA Land logos right now I'm sure many others would prefer a nice looking one for example..

G

<blockquote><hr>

What I can't figure out is this new store category thing for EA Store. Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, free players CAN visit skills and money lots in TC3, that was the whole point. And when you are an owner or a roomie on a lot and you get 'regulars' that come in, it's easy to figure out which ones are free players and which ones aren't, and many players have stated which they are, since being a free player isn't *supposed* to be anything to be ashamed of. Now that this change has taken effect IN TC3, any lot owner or roomie that felt free players were leeches could just draw on that previous knowledge and ban those sims so that there would be room for premium players, who will count against VH. If this change was for EAL, you would be correct but this was stated to be for TC3, which is totally inappropriate IMO.

G

TC3 is a test centre and they are currently testing whether free accounts can find ways to get into skills and money lots, before this version of the game is rolled out to EA-Land.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

For anyone that is interested *screenies*

I'm not a fan of the EA Land logos right now I'm sure many others would prefer a nice looking one for example..

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually prefer the brighter colored motifs to the same old tired blue/white logo's we've always had. It also fits in with the whole lava lamp campaign, since they were most popular in the 60s and 70s where brightly colored clothes and house designs was the 'thing'......so it all fits together.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TC3 is a test centre and they are currently testing whether free accounts can find ways to get into skills and money lots, before this version of the game is rolled out to EA-Land.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

well i cant get into skills and money lots but in some welcome houses there are book cases etc so you can learn skills but a bit slower

for money, you cant make money

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold up....free account players will no longer count toward VH in TC3 even, when that is the only place the free players can play unlimitedly? That's gonna cause *alot* of dissention between free and premium members, and I fear some lot owners will be so eager to get up on the list that they will start banning all the free players from their lots that they can. I can fully understand and even support a change like this in EAL, but *not* TC3. I don't understand why this was done, other than to prevent the 25 hidden free sims on a lot, which is a good thing, but could have been combated another way

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Lee's posts on the blog this was more than an appropriate change as Test Center is a "Test Center". Things will always be tested there first. He says that the change is only temporary for testing.

G

A copy of Lee's update on the blog about the new version in TC3:

<blockquote><hr>

lfancey said,

on March 12th, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Yes for now free accounts can not get to skill or money lots. This is correct. As one of you pointed out we need this tested before we move this change to EA-Land. We will probably roll this back once we move all of this to EA-Land.

What will be a big help is if you try to break it. Find a way into those lot types.

For those of you that own one of those lots and are free change your lot type.

Thanks for testing.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]