• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Terrible first impression, yes EA, You.....

G

Well after crasing, and getting the message after using the new account code at creation page, "this page is not available, try later", i learned that when you give up trying, you have to exit out, and start over. It is now to late, as your code was used in the first attemp. I did this twice.

So i had 2 valid codes, and they are now invalid, and no new accounts for my inlaws. When you go directly to member info page, everything is there, billing and such, but it says, "Non-Subscriber", and you end up at account code page again, and invalid code again.

Oh, and when i let them log in on my account, they wanted to go to Magincia and see what is going on, ect. Why is the main log in page over 2 months old????

U

_Uriah Heep_

Wish I could help ya.
But I couldnt even get mine to work...much less help someone else.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seems to be something wrong with the account creation pages, as I have been getting the message: "Sorry. This page is currently unavailable. Please try again later." for at lest 14 hours when trying to create a new account.

This error or message keeps happening after clicking "OK" after the following message: "Confirm subscription and you will be ready to play! Click Here!"

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about calling customer service? Odd as it maybe and sometimes as frustrating, they just might be able to help you. 1-866-543-5435 Or go to EA.com and open a trouble ticket here

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are talking about the new account codes that comes with the upgrades PM me and I'll give you a couple.

T

Tazar

Strange... I had a friend last night with a housing problem that could only be solved by transferring the house to someone else and then back again. I grabbed an old 9th anniversary box, went to the account creation page, and opened a new account without any problems.

I'd defiantely call EA at 1(866)543-5435 for more info.

I

imported_bioras

I can't say that I have met with great success here...but I have to agree. Get on the phone and do your best to talk to a real live person. I would try both tech support & billing. It may take some work, but you should be able reach someone that can help you.
Ah...if we could just get the powers that be to love our game as much as we do....

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about calling customer service?

[/ QUOTE ]HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH! *gets up off the floor from laughing soo hard* HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! *walks away from computer to get tissue to whipe tears of laughter from eyes*

I

imported_bioras

All kidding aside, keep calling. At some point you should be able to reach someone that can help you.

N

Nicland

There are no live people running uo anymore. Only monkies trained to send canned messages that take you in a circle.

M

Millie

"We are Sorry to inform you that the Trained Monkeys were laid off last week. We not longer can justify spending the money on Bananas. Customer Service will be handled by a automated computer now. "

P

Paris_Hilton

<blockquote><hr>

Well after crasing, and getting the message after using the new account code at creation page, "this page is not available, try later", i learned that when you give up trying, you have to exit out, and start over. It is now to late, as your code was used in the first attemp. I did this twice.

So i had 2 valid codes, and they are now invalid, and no new accounts for my inlaws. When you go directly to member info page, everything is there, billing and such, but it says, "Non-Subscriber", and you end up at account code page again, and invalid code again.

Oh, and when i let them log in on my account, they wanted to go to Magincia and see what is going on, ect. Why is the main log in page over 2 months old????

[/ QUOTE ]

After that free time when all the old accounts were reopened (Come back to Britannia or w/e it was called) the free trial accounts stopped working. I tried several times to open new trial accounts and at the very end kept getting the message that the page was down try again later.

Durinf Welcome Back to Britannia Kelmo complained that someone named Lol made 62 chars named Lol and took over a faction on seige, Jeremy replied to his complaint and no more free trials of UO after that.

The 30 day new account codes I had on 5 boxes of 9th anniversary (I used the 5 upgrade existing account codes already) still worked however.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

After that free time when all the old accounts were reopened (Come back to Britannia or w/e it was called) the free trial accounts stopped working. I tried several times to open new trial accounts and at the very end kept getting the message that the page was down try again later.

Durinf Welcome Back to Britannia Kelmo complained that someone named Lol made 62 chars named Lol and took over a faction on seige, Jeremy replied to his complaint and no more free trials of UO after that.

The 30 day new account codes I had on 5 boxes of 9th anniversary (I used the 5 upgrade existing account codes already) still worked however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I created a free trail account without issue about a month ago. I tried again last night to create another free trail account and now receive the "try again later message."

So this change to free trail accounts was changed within the last month?

B

Babble

Not entirely true.
They disabled the KR trial I think but fileplanet? has still the golden account codes and those worked.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

"We are Sorry to inform you that the Trained Monkeys were laid off last week. We not longer can justify spending the money on Bananas. Customer Service will be handled by a automated computer now. "

[/ QUOTE ]They made it easy too:

S

Sir Ha-ward

I just set up 15 ghost cams with old codes, all of them worked

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...god i miss you guys...

G

Hail: Well i called, but since i don't speak, Indian, i gave up.

I manage apartments. I had a banner that said, $299 move in special, and units available. I told the owner i don't need a move in special to get tenants, and we canceled it, and i am also at %100 occupancy.

But i can not for the life of me understrand why people keep coming in asking about the special, and to look at an vacant apartment? What's wrong with them? So what if both those banners are still up! If they would walk around to every unit on the property they would see people in all of them, and know there is no vacancy.

I guess i could go out of my way, and take the banner down. Would that help?

How hard can it be for ANYONE at EA to update the main log in screen? As far as i know, every player has to go thru this screen to get into the game. So, Magincia was destroyed. The event is long over. Fine. Take your banner down promoting a dead event, Please.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Take your banner down promoting a dead event, Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? They've been promoting a half dead game for YEARS.

Wait. Strike that. They don't even PROMOTE UO.

B

Babble

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you use the new kr code or the old gold codes from gamespot/fileplanet?

B

Babble

Actually the login page is broken for all that do not use an english/us widows.
Not that I mind really.

S

Sir Ha-ward

They were codes that had been collected over the last few years