• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Tenkara Fishing Contest

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Tenkara Fishing Contest
Co-sponsered by our friends at Blunt Man and Cronics
Its been awhile since the last competition but I am guessing you have all had enough of crabbing for awhile! In that spirit then LETS DO SOME FISHING!
The Tenkara fishing contest will be held in the waters of Tokuna and the three native species of Big Fish will be in play. We will be in the hunt for the biggest Giant Koi, Golden Tuna, and Samurai Fish.
These are relatively easy to catch with no dungeon spawn issues and the baits aren't too tough to come by so we will hopefully get some true giants.
Prizes as follows
Largest Giant Koi
3 Million
Largest Golden Tuna
6 Million
Largest Samurai Fish
6 Million
Additionally if the Biggest catch in any of those 3 categories is large enough to replace the current trophy fish at Nancy's Harbor Café the prize money will be doubled to 6/12/12 respectively.
The current size of the trophy fish at Nancy's from past contests are:
Golden Tuna
73 Stones
caught by Sir Chopper on 3/3/13
That should be easy to top!
Giant Samurai Fish
149 Stones
caught by Lady Dreamy on 3/13/13
A little tougher to beat
Giant Koi
195 Stones
caught by yours truly, Varingian on 3/15/13
Gonna take a whopper to unseat that one!
If you can unseat my Giant Koi catch I will up the stakes. From 196 to 198 the prize will still double. For each stone over 198 I will personally add 1 million gold to the prize!
One additional prize will be awarded: The grab bag.
Turn in a bag of your "small fry" Koi, Tuna, and Samurai. The bag that comes closest to 400 stones in fish weight will take 1 million gold.
The Tenkara Contest will begin on Sunday June 2nd. Since the weather outside is great for most of us that play LS and you hopefully will be getting outside and away from the computer we will be extending this contest to 3 weeks instead of the usual 2. The last day to catch and turn in your fish will be June 22nd.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the winner is......

ELM-MOS with a sweep and a record breaking koi.

TINYURL.COM/NANCYSHARBOR

Congrats sir. I have your 31 million prize pack ready.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2