• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template?

• Thread starter imported_S!ckLoveR
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_S!ckLoveR

Ok, I'm about :

Fencing 100 (120)
Tactics 120
Ninja 110 (120)
Resist 120
Poison 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 70

This has got to change. I am not putting out enough damage to kill! DS/Poisoning/Armour Ignore doesn't cut it and I am not dropping Resist.. everyone and their mother casts now ManaVamp/Drain.
I was thinking Necro/Ninja because many Sammies choose it to boost damage but that's a no-go because of my Fire Resistance no matter how hard I've tried to mix/match. *CORRECTION* It CAN be achieved but I will have a couple of resistances low and that's bad. You need 60s in all.
See I can't trade my 45 HCI/DCI, 40 LMC, 8 MR and 12 HPR and the boost to my stats I have with my current suit. So what to do with 170.0 points (removed from Stealth/Hiding) that will boost my damage output?

D

Death Adder

Your current template isn't very efficient, IMO... you're wearing a mage suit on a dexxer char, have no effective way to heal, and are combining Ninjitsu (with Shurikens and ****iya capable of dealing DP from range) with Poisoning?

Time to blow it up and start over. My suggestion:

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Resist
120 Ninjitsu

You don't need Poisoning because of Shuriken/****iya, meaning you don't need to keep Fencing and can switch it out for the FAR more effective Archery (ranged attacks and Moving Shot will GREATLY increase your deadliness). You have really powerful bandages and your hits will be much stronger. You kill people by cutting them down quickly to half-life, then DP them and kill them with Moving Shot when they run. Resist protects you from Vamp/Para and Ninjitsu protects you from Dismount. This template comes with a strong offense and a strong defense.

Armor-wise, IMO your current suit would suffice but I'd suggest getting a new suit of armor with a lot less MR/LMC (with this template about half what you currently have would be plenty) and more DI and DCI (yes, above 45) and stats (especially HP).

Good luck

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

Thanks for the advice! Don't get me wrong for replying thus, just for argument's sake read on;

Point was my suit is fine and I don't die often. In fact if I put my mind to it you can't kill me, nor any other stealther that knows what to do, when.
I kill people as easy as the next guy *BUT!!!!*
I am having trouble with templates of 140+ HP and lots of Defense(like, Parry/Mage/Wrestle/45 DCI) who also heal fast and Disarm. Oh and the same stands for Sammies. Too much Defense, too many HPs and they usually spam Disarm.

I was like that just Ninjitsu instead of Bushi. It was NOT fun disarming each other every 5 secs.

I traded Anat for Resist 120 which helps with some lesser nuisances but NOT Omen/Para. Oh well.

I like Poisons. I like LP and Parasite Poison! And I love melee!

I tried running with some crazy damage, 120 Anat/Tact/150-160 Str/75% DI and stuff just to see and I did far worse than spamming LP and DS as I can right now, usually run out of mana even trying to chain LP/AI or LP/BLEED!!

More than 45% in DCI and HCI? No, just do the "mana dance" for 1-2 secs and you're back to normal. It's excessive to sacrifice Regens, Stats and stuff just for extra HCI/DCI in my mind! :p

I was only looking for 170.0 points of something that hurts... :p Maybe Chiv and gimp it up?? HolyLight/Bleed/Poison/Spell Effect/DS spams?

*EDIT* Can't believe I'm considering going gimp.. Well if you can't beat them, join them(at least in games.. ;P).

L

lysarius

<blockquote><hr>

Fencing 100 (120)
Tactics 120
Ninja 110 (120)
Resist 120
Poison 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 70

[/ QUOTE ]OBSERVATIONS
1.) Id really suggest dropping poisoning. Thats 100 points tied up that does not significantly increase your ability to do damage. The only thing you lose is lethal (You can even do parasitic on stars/darts.) The only time lethal really gives you an advantage is against someone in vamp form.

2.) If you need 30 points you can drop tactics from 120 to 90. After you factor in your targets 60-70 resist, the difference in damage between 90 and 120 tactics, with a hard hitting weapon, is usually only 1 (ONE) point per hit !!!

3.) Hiding and stealth can be handy for death strikes, escapes (smoke bombs), and the element of surprise.

3.a) Have you ever gone into stealth mode, mounted an ethy, shadow jumped next to your target, and opened with surprise attack? At 120 ninjitsu surprise attack gives your opponent -50% DCI for 10 seconds. It even stacks with HLD for a possible -75% to DCI!!!!! You cannot miss while this in effect!!! (Yes Death Adder, it's even easier for an archer....)

4.) Disarm is a broken game mechanic in melee combat. (A "feature" of the lovely world of PvP in UO). One of the built in drawbacks of melee compared to ranged attacks. Make sure you have 15% DCI and consider using hit lower attack on your weapon.

5.) Archery is vastly superior to melee in UO
(I use melee anyways, but it's a choice)

TEMPLATE SUGGESTIONS
Option 1: Drop poisoning and add chiv. Now you can heal, cure, res in a pinch, sacred journey, and... holy light spam (need 105 chiv). If you do any PvM with the char then enemy of one is very handy.

Option 2: If you really want to increase your offense then add necro/spirit speak. (Lose hiding/stealth and drop tactics to 90.) Even if you dont use vamp form because of fire resist issues, strangle &amp; painstrike give you effective ranged attacks!!! Necro is VERY flexible and occasionly you even get the satisfaction of exorcising a champ spawn ghost cam

Option 3: Drop poisoning and add archery. You can still primarily be a melee char, but switch to a bow to finish them off when they run. Its not the best use of 100 points but it will add a lot more offense to your template than 100 poisoning. (Make sure you use a balanced bow so you can still throw stars/darts and drink potions.)

D

Death Adder

If you just want more offense, then I concur with lysarius in that Necro/SS is an excellent option. You don't have to use Vamp Form, but Pain Spike and Strangle give you some nice ranged options, Blood Oath is an excellent spell, and Curse Weapon will greatly increase your durability.

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

Excellent, Necro/SS was my thought as well. So supposing I go that way, is it imperative to add max FC/FCR? I will probably open up with Strangle and Curse Weapon/Pain Spike are quite fast. What do you think?

Your point about Surprise Attack is really interesting. I've done the mounted hopping for other reasons in the past so I know what you're talking about, just never used it with Surprise Attack for a very simple reason. You have to hit them to debuff their DCI. This is the issue here though.
More than half the times I don't- and that's with 120.0 Ninja, 45 HCI and 120.0 Fencing! Maybe Hiding/Stealth is a factor in hitting with Surprise Attacks or is this a bit of persistant bad luck?

D

Death Adder

I don't think you need ANY FC or FCR on that template (though of course some wouldn't hurt). All the spells are fast enough (except Strangle) to get them off without FC, and you won't be casting combos so FCR isn't needed at all. I've run a necro-archer without any FC/FCR and very rarely had any problems.

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

Forgive my bumping this, but I've got a few ??..

UOGuide :
"Hit Lower Defense - A successful hit with this weapon lowers the defense rating of the target by 25% for 8 seconds against all attackers. There is no cap on HLD. HLD percentages are multiplied rather than added - for example, if you have two items, one with a 30% chance and one with a 50% chance, then that’s a 65% chance that the effect will fire on any given hit. The effect does not stack with itself, although additional effects will reset the duration."

So first off, the chance is 65% which is nice. But what's the point of lowering someone's DCI below 0%? I know some guys are going over the cap so it's good to have the extra % but does it actually offer anything if you get them below 0%?

After that, what's the exact HP Regeneration limit again? At the UOGuide page it's mentioned you can't go over 18 HPR but I've got a character that reaches 40 and between 18 and 40 I see a world of difference unless I'm really going mad here. Because I run this character with a friend who uses the same ...methods so we can tank heavier mobs(Doom) with Parry and XHealing, I have asked him and he says the same. Is UOGuide wrong? As for this being related to Ninjitsu, I was wondering what the actual Dog Form Regen is, and the Ki-Rin Stamina Regen as well. Actually a guide to various Forms would be great(Vamp, Beast, etc).

UOGuide :
"Lower Mana Cost - Lowers the amount of Mana required to cast a spell by a percentage. This includes Necromancer spells and Paladin abilities. Capped at 40."

....A bit generic but since Jeremy mentioned the guide as being current, nobody told them it also includes Ninja/Samurai/Spellweave/Special Moves?

UOGuide :
"Hit [X] Leech - Each time the weapon hits, it will do its normal damage. Then the weapon leeches a percentage of the damage done from the target's [X], transferring 100% of the damage dealt as leeched [X] to the weapon's wielder. The displayed percentages are the percent chance to cast the effect."

So is there actually "damage" done to the caster's HP, Stam and Mana when they are hit with a Leech weapon? Do you actually remove some of their points in those stats depending on the Leech type? 'Cuz I thought only Wraith Form actually "drained" anything(Mana, in this case).

Again sorry for going on for this long, any answer will be appreciated. Even simple Yes' and Nos'.

L

lysarius

<blockquote><hr>

Forgive my bumping this, but I've got a few ??..

UOGuide :
"Hit Lower Defense - A successful hit with this weapon lowers the defense rating of the target by 25% for 8 seconds against all attackers. There is no cap on HLD. HLD percentages are multiplied rather than added - for example, if you have two items, one with a 30% chance and one with a 50% chance, then that’s a 65% chance that the effect will fire on any given hit. The effect does not stack with itself, although additional effects will reset the duration."

So first off, the chance is 65% which is nice. But what's the point of lowering someone's DCI below 0%? I know some guys are going over the cap so it's good to have the extra % but does it actually offer anything if you get them below 0%?

[/ QUOTE ]The formula to calculate hit chance is
0.5 * [(20+attack skill)*(1+HCI/100)] / [(20+defense skill)*(1+DCI/100)]

Negative DCI makes it easier to hit you. For example if we both have 120 weapon skills and 0 HCI/DCI the chance to hit you is 50%. If we both have 120 weapon skills and I have 0 HCI but you are under the effect of HLD then your DCI is -25 for 8 secons and I have a 66.7% chance to hit you.

<blockquote><hr>

After that, what's the exact HP Regeneration limit again? At the UOGuide page it's mentioned you can't go over 18 HPR but I've got a character that reaches 40 and between 18 and 40 I see a world of difference unless I'm really going mad here. Because I run this character with a friend who uses the same ...methods so we can tank heavier mobs(Doom) with Parry and XHealing, I have asked him and he says the same. Is UOGuide wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]The listed caps relate to HP regen from items. HP regen from other sources allows you to exceed this. For example at 120 ninjitsu you have 40 HP regen in dog/cat form (SWEET!). If you are wearing items that give you 18 HP regen you will have a total of 58 increase to hp regen. Evenbetter, if you are human you get a racial bonus of 2 HP regen. THat would bring you to a toal of 60 HP regen (6 per second)
<blockquote><hr>

As for this being related to Ninjitsu, I was wondering what the actual Dog Form Regen is, and the Ki-Rin Stamina Regen as well. Actually a guide to various Forms would be great(Vamp, Beast, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]All the ninja forms info is listed in the FAQ thread at the top of the forum. Kirin = 20 stamina regen. Dog/Cat form = ninjitsu/3 HP regen. I dont remember the necro forms off the top of my head, but in the KR client you can pull up all of your stats HCI, DCI, HP regen, mana regen, SSI, etc. When you change into the various forms the stats will update so you can see the exact effect of the various forms on your stats.

<blockquote><hr>

UOGuide :
"Lower Mana Cost - Lowers the amount of Mana required to cast a spell by a percentage. This includes Necromancer spells and Paladin abilities. Capped at 40."

....A bit generic but since Jeremy mentioned the guide as being current, nobody told them it also includes Ninja/Samurai/Spellweave/Special Moves?

[/ QUOTE ]You are correct. Pass it on to someone at UOguide.

<blockquote><hr>

UOGuide :
"Hit [X] Leech - Each time the weapon hits, it will do its normal damage. Then the weapon leeches a percentage of the damage done from the target's [X], transferring 100% of the damage dealt as leeched [X] to the weapon's wielder. The displayed percentages are the percent chance to cast the effect."

So is there actually "damage" done to the caster's HP, Stam and Mana when they are hit with a Leech weapon? Do you actually remove some of their points in those stats depending on the Leech type? 'Cuz I thought only Wraith Form actually "drained" anything(Mana, in this case).

[/ QUOTE ] That info is out of date for HP regen and Mana regen. They nerfed them a while back. Each hit gives a little bit back as follows. Mana regen take the damage you doafter resists and multiply it by 40%. If the weapon has X% mana leech then each hit will leech back between 1 to X% of the damage*.4 number. HP regen works the same way but it uses a base of damage*.3 (instead of damage*.4).

I'm 99% certain that none of the leeches actually take mana/stamina away for the target in PvP. (Not sure about PvM)

I

imported_S!ckLoveR

"The listed caps relate to HP regen from items. HP regen from other sources allows you to exceed this. For example at 120 ninjitsu you have 40 HP regen in dog/cat form (SWEET!)."

- Kk. I can't check right now but I guess this means Beast Form offers 22 regen. Thanks!

"I'm 99% certain that none of the leeches actually take mana/stamina away."

- Exactly what I'm seeing so far.
Well thanks for all the precious info.

As for passing any info to the Devs or whoever else regarding bugs, corrections, suggestions.. I think it will be a long time. I'm kind of annoyed by how things are unfolding, know what I mean? If they ever wanna fix stuff I'll notice and help out as best as I can! ^.^