• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Template Question

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live on Siege, and a while back I built one of my characters into a basic ninja.
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
120 Ninjitsu
100 Poisoning
90 Fencing (boosted with jewels to 120)
70 Tactics (boosted with jewels to 100)
80 Tracking
60 Magery (extra jewels to boost it to 90 to use gate scrolls)
30 Anatomy

Originally, it was to be a PvP build, but I've never quite gotten comfortable with the whole PvP thing (especially up against faction suits - I am not faction). My healing was using Ninja animal form and, of course, smoke bombs to get away.

So now I am thinking about re-tooling the character to make her a little more playable for PvM, while still having enough umph for defense in those inevitable PvP situations that might come up. I am considering:

100 Hiding
100 Stealth
120 Ninjitsu
100 Poisoning
90 Fencing (boosted with jewels to 120)
70 Tactics (boosted with jewels to 100)
100 Parry
40 Mysticism (for the Mystic healing stone)

Thoughts? Other suggestions? But remember - this is Siege - so, especially for a ninja character, the hiding and stealth are not optional.

I have also considered (still considering) swapping the Fencing for Archery. Also thought about throwing, but I find it limited with poisoning - at least with archery, I can use the poisioning skill for poison arrow.

For now, I'm wondering if the parry will make her tough enough that I would feel comfortable using her in straight melee situations.

Thanks - I know folks here will have good, well thought-out suggestions - and probably a few I haven't considered!

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just some thougths here, as i do not really pvp but play on siege.
90 real tactics are needed for both weapons specials, skill from items does not count for that.
Would also do 120 real fencing so that you are not depending on jewelry just for weapon skill.
I think the parry and mysticism are a bit useless here. I assume you run mage stats on that char, 80 chiv and 3-4 fc for healing would help both with pvm and pvp.
Another option would be to drop poisoning and add 120 bushido. Gives you nerve strike with bok and confidence for another heal . Perfection and momentum strike will help alot with pvm also. Especially as there is not much pvp going on and all the red pvp'ers are in faction and will not be easy kills it might make sense to focus more on the pvm side.

With that sort of build you could even use the nice cursed jewelry and shields from shame dungeon.

So

120 fencing
120 ninja
100 hiding
100 stealth
100 tactics
100 poisoning
80 chiv

or

120 fencing ( or swords for bokuto )
120 ninja
100 hiding
100 stealth
100 tactics
120 bushido
60 chiv

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm. Stuff to think about. But parry sounded so fun! But I see what you are saying. Again, hmmm....