• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

template question

• Thread starter Anon McDougle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Anon McDougle

I am running an odd little temp

120 music
120 peace
120 provo
115 taming only 92 now there with ring/brac
100 lore
vet in 90's
chiv locked at 45

now my question is what can i cap vet at and still be able to rez with a decent success chance

thanks in advance

and hoping to see everyone on origin once we get pub 56 !!

U

uoBuoY

I am running an odd little temp

120 music
120 peace
120 provo
115 taming only 92 now there with ring/brac
100 lore
vet in 90's
chiv locked at 45

now my question is what can i cap vet at and still be able to rez with a decent success chance

thanks in advance

and hoping to see everyone on origin once we get pub 56 !!
I don't know the answer to your question but I strongly recommended Stoning Peace and taking 120 Disco. It reduces your target's skills and resists by up to 28%. Makes your pets and your spells a hell of lot tougher. It's all about the damage given and damage not taken!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd second uoBuoY's suggestion about disco over peace. Disco can make stuff easier to provoke as well, so they go pretty nicely together.

I'd also say that it might be worth dropping your taming to 110, then moving 5 skill points to vet and capping it there. Or pull another 5 from chiv, as you can always put on the luna lance or something if you needed a chiv boost say for remove curse. Then you'd have GM vet available and that triggers another stable slot :)

What I did while my younger ones were training vet was to carry a jewel to boost up if they were struggling to res something. You could just carry a throwaway jewel around on hunts and then if it's taking too long at 95 or so skill, you can jewel up and res sooner.

Wenchy

5% Luck

Get 4 full soulstones work up 2 120 peace and 2 120 discords this way on the fly you can swap in one or the other!

A

Anon McDougle

I don't know the answer to your question but I strongly recommended Stoning Peace and taking 120 Disco. It reduces your target's skills and resists by up to 28%. Makes your pets and your spells a hell of lot tougher. It's all about the damage given and damage not taken!
This indeed does not answer my question but brings up a good point if infact its all about the damage given not taken and the barding chance is the same would not peacing the mob be better as no damage is better than 28% lower damage ??
the only advantage i could see is that i think disco last as long as you stay in range while peace seems quick to wear off ??
and again if so why

and to reword my first question whats the min vet skill needed to rez a pet ??

and one more is it ok to ask questions ablout pricing and such here IE how much is this purple/pink hiyru i tamed worth ??

U

uoBuoY

This indeed does not answer my question but brings up a good point if infact its all about the damage given not taken and the barding chance is the same would not peacing the mob be better as no damage is better than 28% lower damage ??
the only advantage i could see is that i think disco last as long as you stay in range while peace seems quick to wear off ??
and again if so why
The only time my Tamer/Bards unStone their 120 Peace is to Tame dangerous pets.

Area Peace is short lived among among say Lizardmen. It is useless for crowd control with stuff that can really hurt you...won't last more than 1 - 2 secs.

Targeted Peace is a lot of skill points devoted to the sole purpose of preventing one critter in a mob from attacking you and again Targeted Peace can break before you can Peace again.

Yes Disco lasts as long as you are in range.

Try it out on test. With Disco my pets can take on much tougher prey or they can kill the usual prey much quicker. Disco also helps when taming stuff that can hurt you. If Discoed the taming target will hit you with 28% less damage.

I mention this point last but that is not a reflection of it's importance. Disco is key to training your pet's skills. When you reduce your pet's skills and resists by 28% they will gain skill much faster and easier.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Min skill to res a pet is 80 vet and lore. But you'll be there a while with those skills ;)

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and again if so why

and to reword my first question whats the min vet skill needed to rez a pet ??

and one more is it ok to ask questions ablout pricing and such here IE how much is this purple/pink hiyru i tamed worth ??
Peace has always proven to be better than Disco for me, for the reason you gave and for the ability to stop the fight and exit etc.

As for training, well Disco is a 2 edged sword. When you drop the skills you up the damage being taken by the pet. This tends to not work out all that well unless your fighting weaker mobs.

Conversely.

Go to the Mines and lure a Shadow Ore Elemental to the entrance. This is relatively easy to do with Peace.

Once there go get your pet and bring it back to the mines. Have it go at the Shadow Ore Elemental. It can not kill the SOElemental. BUT the SOElemental can get to 100's in wrestling, tactics, anatomy rather quickly and for the higher end pets this puts the training session into an ideal scenario. Your pet doesn't take a lot of damage and yet is going vs a GM's mob.

For Greater Dragons, Cu's and Hiryu's, if you think your Wrestling, Tactics, Anatomy are stuck, then go play with the 3 Ogre Lords on Ogre Lord Island in Despise. That tends to get them unstuck quickly. They are also fairly good for Karma, Fame and Honor. (will get you to 3rd bubble, 3rd tier of honor).

For Resisting Magic, go round up a bunch of Spectral Soul Binders. Your pet will cap Dex and Resisting Magic quickly. (I tend to do them first to get the dex caped).

You might as well take Vet to 100 from were your at and get the extra stable slot.

If memory serves me right, 80 Vet = the ability to rez.

You can always ask any question. Questions on pet worth, tend to be shard specific. There are forums for each shard and there are shard specific forums for selling and buying.

If you were to ask general price questions, example, Is the Pure White Cu worth more than the Wine Red Cu, then this is probably as good a place as any to get an answer.

Asking a specific price, How much is a Pure White Cu, then this is not necessarily the best place to be asking that, not that you wont get some answer, more that the answer is really shard specific.

Asking Is this Greater Dragon worth anything, this is probably as good as any to get an answer.

Asking how much can I get for this Greater Dragon, is probably best asked on your shard specific forum.

A

Anon McDougle

thanks for great reply !!!

i guess i am very lucky and got ne of the rare hiyrus (purple/pink) if anyone is around this AM and can pop in to double check the real color that would be great i am in Luna bank