• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Template help...

R

RedMan99

Long story short friend came back to UO and Loves being an archer mage. So I was trying to think of how good this temp could be or the set up of skills.... My thoughts are

STR 95
DEX 120
INT 30

Try to squeeze as much INT>DEX>STR into the suit as possible.

120 Archer
120 Tact
120 Ana
120 focus
120 Mage
70 chiv

With 50 pts left over not sure really what to do here maybe 50 bush with +bush on jewels?

all 70's 100LRC 45HCI and 100DI? Im thinking DCI really wont be needed as she will let Ev's tank.

Any thoughts on this? Am I way off base for this type of template?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive always had fun with mage / archer temps. I still use archery on my tamer, and had lots of fun with a ninja mage archer. Its tough to fit in all the needed stats, but is much much easier now with imbuing and everything.

30 int tho seems just a little low. You can get maybe 65-75 more from gear, but i like just a little more for such a mana intensive character.

It looks like your relying on archery for most of the damage? If so than i guess keep chiv and the 120 tactic. On my archery mages tho i use the archery just for specials, and for the mods on the bow, like hla hld or hit spell. Plus mana leech which is a must imo for an archer mage.

If it were me, i would drop chiv, drop tact to 90, drop the focus for med, and use pots or a stam leech bow for when you drop stamina. You can adjust elemental damages with quivers, or don't even have to bother if using armor ignor.

The other skills are up to you.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the old days we all had magery on our templates and sometimes only enough to recall or enough to always have a successful recall with a scroll. These days what's the point? I would think it would be better to be a mystic-archer than archer-mage if you are fighting creatures. Seems a bit expensive of a template with a 120 magery scroll and 120 archery, but the effectiveness wouldn't be great. I have used my archer/bush/chiv/necro template for many months now and love it.

Suit-wise just use reagents and no LRC as the only thing she will have to worry about is the weight. Have a couple pairs of Arcane boots in case of resurrections.

-Lorax

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had an archer mage about a year ago.. it is fun, just sometimes seems lacking. Thrower mage might be more fun.

Regardless - if you do this I highly recommend having Anatomy in addition to Tactics. That way, if you get disarmed you still have the eval/anat combo for defensive purposes!

If anyone is curious...

mage 115
eval 120
med 55
resist 120
arch 120
tact 90
anat 100

No LRC. Armor will be folded steel, and runic for the rest. Armor will be all stat inc, LMC, and 2 MR. For the couple slots where resists need to be imbued - imbue then enhance for that little extra.

Not sure how I'd balance the stats.. but I'd probly shoot to hit at least 150 stam after a pot.

I'd have 40 mana inc from the armor.. plus 20 elf mana.