• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Help - Returning Player!

S

Stenny

Sorry, I know this probably gets asked a lot.

Anyway, I've always been active but I really want to get back into PvP / high end PvM (Doom, Peerless etc.) and want to know what i can do with my current template...

Anat 100
Chivalry 60
Fencing 120
Focus 60
Healing 110
Poisoning 80
Resist Spells 110
Tactics 100

Base Stats -
Str 105 (132 with Totem& various things)
Dex 125 (150 with various things)
Int 25

Is there any need for focus? I'm really stuck, no idea how to improve! If anyone could offer any suggestions they'd be much appreciated!

Thanks

G

I've got much the same problem myself.
I really don't know what is a good way to play warrior these days.

However, In my oppinion Focus is a useless skill. I prefer to use mana regen gear and/or HML weapons.

Edit: Necro is a really good skill for the life leech!
Get just enough so you can ring it up to cast vampiric embrace

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like a pretty solid template to change from.

You could definately drop focus. It's certainly not useless, but it is fairly easily replaced with the right equipment. I'd say poisoning could go too really. It's nice to have, but a warrior template in UO nowadays is pretty crowded as it is, without bringing skills like poisoning into the equation. Also, I'd swap the 10 points you have in healing above 100 into Resist, making it 120. Resist is generally considered an all or nothing skill in PvP nowadays I think as it compares to the attackers magery skill for the resist check on stuff like poison. That leaves:

120 Fencing (Keep as is)
120 Resist (120 or 0)
100 Tactics (70-100)
100 Anat (81-100)
100 Healing (90.1-100)
60 Chivalry (Most people like it around 75 for decent success on EoO)

There's such a massive choice of skills now that you can't have everything in the template without missing out. You could take parry, but you wouldn't have room for bushido or you could take bushido, but no parry. Or you could take them both and drop chivalry and lower Anat/Tact/Healing to varying degrees, but your damage output would suffer. You could even go the cliché Sampire route and drop resist. You'd be hella powerful in PvM, and you wouldn't have to worry about poison in PvP, but might find yourself para'd and vamped alot once people know resist is missing.