• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template doing too much?

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
I want to make an “all PvM” magic using build that stacks over 100 SDI and uses slayer scrappers. I started with a generic mage mystic weaver (mage eval med focus mysic SW), but by removing Med, running a 55% LMC suit and adding 100 Necro/120 SS is easy enough with some items I have on hand. Does anyone think the following template is doing too much?

120 (100+20) magery
120 evaluate intelligence
120 (75+45) focus
120 (105+15) mysticism
120 Spellweaving
100 (80+20) necromancy
120 Spirit Speak

I can get 4/6 casting with some difficulty but 2/6 quite easy. My plan is to in general be running Spellweaving mastery, arcane empowerment up most of the time, wraith and wither for early lv spawns, RC for general tanking. Corpse skin+Fire mage spells for fire weak enemies, spell plagues in there when I want as well.
Spellweaving is mostly for arcane empowerment and the defensive stuff + WoD.
Magery for single target fire/energy spells and the obvious utility. EVs if I want to stay mounted.
Mysticism for occasional stone form and RC, Healing stones, probably mass sleep in the spell trigger. Hailstorm if I dont want to get close enough to wither. Not sure if ill really ever use cleansing winds when i have arch cure/greater heal.
Necro will be almost exclusivly for wraith form, shadow wisp, corpse skin, and wither, perhaps the occasional omen. I wont use much else here.

Now is this template doing too much? If I were to change anything id just take off necro/SS and add Med back in, so I didnt have to have such low karma. (I already have a necro Nox mage anyway)

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran
I have a similar template but am bored with magery so dropped magery and med a bit in favor or the rest. Works fine. Mysticism, necromancy and apellweaving give you plenty to work with.