• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template advice request

• Thread starter pendulum83
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

pendulum83

I have played UO back in, like 1999 and now here I returned 8 years later.

I did some research and it's been a repetitive 3 days since I re-registered.
My current stats for my new characters are as follows:

Str 100
Dex 100
Int 25

Anatomy 100
Swordsmanship 100
Tactics 100
Healing 87.3
Parrying 65.8
Focus 74.4 (currently locked)
Chivalry 61.0

and mishaply raised Meditation 35.0 (set to lower now)

Total real skill amounts to 634.5.

Now, I have 100% LRC armor, with fairly high resistence to all elements.
Haven't purchased 120 PS yet. I will for certain buy 120 PS for Sword and Tactic

But after that I just don't know what to do.
I think I will see GM Healing, or even 110 Healing and Anatomy.

What should I do to improve my current character? (skill-wise)
Any further build suggestions are greatly appreciated.

D

drew1

Well for starters, you can get rid of the LRC suit. No need for it since you don't have magery. Also, when you see the price of a 120 swords PS you may reconsider your certainty of buying one. You'd be better off picking up a +25 stats scroll and raising your dex to 120.

I would also get parrying and healing up to 100 at least. I keep my chiv at 80, but that's up to you.

I prefer resist over focus. A lot of people will tell you that you don't need resist if you are doing pvm, but I use it.

With regards to your suit/jewels, you need hci, dci, hp and mana regen to start. If you can find a virtue armor set that may be a good place to start. That will give you all 70s then you can pack on the other stuff with jewels, your shield and your weapon. There is much better stuff out there of course, but it can get you started and the suit is blessed so you don't have to insure it. I've see the complete set go for as low as 500,000 at west brit bank on atlantic. I have also seen the set for 3.5mil in Luna, so be careful.

I have 3 warriors, and none of them have the same template. It is a matter of personal prefference.

Oh and by the way. Don't just drop that focus. Stone it.

F

frodofeet

Good advice from drew1. I also prefer Resist on my template, and have not invested in 120 skill scrolls... I personally don't think they are worth the cost and time involved in raising them to 120. I have however raised my stats to 240.

My template is almost complete at:

Swords - 110
Tactics - 110
Anatomy - 110
Healing - 100
Parrying - 110
Resist - 100
Chivalry - 80

STR - 120
DEX - 80
INT - 40

I use the Soul Seeker sword mainly, and also have slayer swords for undead, reptile, etc when required.

My jewels & shield boost my STR, DEX, HCI, DCI, DI and some resists.

I have gathered, over time, a full 70's suit with some luck (505) thrown in for good measure. My suit is also fully mediable (I don't even consider any armor that isn't mediable, even if it has high resists or mods). Took a while to collect all the pieces though.

For me, Resist is vital when fighting the more difficult casters (Dragons, Lich Lords, Elder Gazers, Titans, etc).

Imho this is a fantastic PvM template, extremely powerful and can handle most high-end monsters with relative ease. At the moment I'm having fun with Titans and Cyclopses. I kill Titans in about 3 or 4 hits, and Cycs in about 2 or 3 hits, faster than my tamers Cu Sidhe, lol (hey, I'm pleased with that
).

D

dum3886

One thing you may consider is finding a fast weapon... i.e: 2 second swing weapon with ssi (preferably specially if ur pvm... u can live with 2 seconds swing only in pvp easy) then drop ur dex to 10 and pick up chiv for heals/cures etc. then you can use other spells i.e: necromancy

Lots will say necro and chiv dun go together... trust me i pvped with a necro chiv NOX dexxer.. yes many many -ve karma skills and i played better then almost any other dexxer i had... but off course my suit was very expensive.

D

drew1

frodofeet

I guess I'm not sure why you insist on mediable armor when you don't have meditation on your template.

Enlighten me please.

F

frodofeet

<blockquote><hr>

I guess I'm not sure why you insist on mediable armor when you don't have meditation on your template.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you don't need to have the med or focus skill to benefit from wearing mediable armor. My passive mana regen is quicker with mediable armor, which is important for me since my int is quite low.

According to the calculator, (with both med &amp; focus at 0), with mediable armor my mps is 0.3, but only 0.2 with non-mediable armor.

So, for my entire 40 mana to regenerate takes 3m 20s with non-mediable armor, but only 2m 13s with mediable armor.

Okay that may not sound a lot, but I'm fussy about small details like that

Unless of course I'm getting this all wrong, in which case, please let me know how you would calculate it...

D

drew1

Honestly... I had no Idea that mediable armor had any effect on mana regen other than when meditating.
Maybe someone else could chime in here.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Honestly... I had no Idea that mediable armor had any effect on mana regen other than when meditating.
Maybe someone else could chime in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

For humans it does. Humans with there JoT bonus get 20 Med and 20 focus passive. So get a bonus 3 MR there. If you have non med armor the med is basically nullified. If you are elf, it does not matter. I keep my chars human though for it and use nothing but med armor on all my chars.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression that passive meditation (which is half of your active med speed, right?) is also affected by non-medable armor. I thought that if you are wearing anything non-med, you'll regenerate mana as if you have 0 med/0 focus/0 MR items.