• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tell us your UO story...

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did you start... tell us from start to finish... Do you pvp, do you collect... How did you start UO...

I played Beta in 1997, then went live later that year. A friend and I started at the same time. I was only 17 so I depended on his computer (Dial up, we all had it then)... When him and his wife spilt up, I had to quit in 1998 (August) ... I came back in August of 2000, EVERYTHING had changed! But I kept on, and kept on.

Met a player named Barbie "Entreri", and she wanted me to join the guild but I had to create a char with the name "Entreri"... *BUZZER* my ego was WAY too big to allow that, si I started a little guild called "Metal Babies"... and she let me use her little 7x7 at Yew gate (Nobody pvped there then) to place my guild stone. The guild didn't really go anywhere, I had nothing to offer guildmates, so I just kept on char on the stone for namessake.

My brother (Lazarus) started playing in about 2001... We both goofed off for about a year really learning the game. We used to mark runes to our Fel house in the Brit Valley saying "FREE GOLD" on the runes, and me, him, and S'pore Vampire, and Russo would sit on top of the house and cast EV's and Blade spirits, when someone would recall in they would 95% of the time, die. But one guy who DIDN't die was a guy named "Molasar"... This guy was in a league of his own, not only did he not die, but he managed to kill us all from outside in a house that was private... LOL! So my brother, Russo (Digileo) and I learned how to pvp, those two excellerated, I still SUCK! Who cares they looked out for me. I just made my crafter insane LOL.

Anyway, my brother put in an application to join the Fallen Lords... I figured I was a shoe in cause Draco and I played long ago, and I knew him in real life. But Draco quit when I tried to join... they denied me and denied me... So I sat in front of a little keep on marble island for 3 days, till FINALLY Ooji let me in on AUg 10th 2002... My 22nd birthday. Joining the most DOMINAT guild on pac at the time was SO MUCH FUN! The guild I personally rivaled was MEC (The guild Anguissette ran from Haven) Her and I would have these arguments that would go NOWHERE but were fun nonetheless... With a side of Moryia insulting both of us... LOL

I stayed in FL for 2 years till Cecil took over, (RIGHT after I had gotten a guy named "Imred" and DIgi in FL) and of corse him and I didn't get along, so I quit... the guy earlier "Molasar" ... Had just started playing again, and I asked him to join the guild I was reforming "Metal babies"... He joined just to duel me... and for me that was awesome, I was fighting this amazing mage that at the time, NOBODY on the shard could touch... So we sat in Haven with MEC watching me get crushed ever duel... But I had fun... MEC tried to get him to join, and he turned them down and stayed with \m/... And to this day though he quit 3 years ago, he gave me his account, and is still a good friend.

I got banned for 3 days for saying the "R" word while telling a joke about someone... And in those three days Haven blew up, and I lost interest in UO... So I got on my crafter, and just made armor and weps, and this and that... Bought Val hammer after Val hammer, Barbed kit after Barbed kit... until I had SO much armor I didn't know what to do with it... I opened a few vendors and started x shard selling, there was one point where I have over 2 BILLION gold...

Ok, so this is like 2005or 6, I lost track, at this time Digi was running UO... so I was like SWEET, I can get back in, this guy and I started on the same day, and I got him into FL... NOPE, he freaking HATED me for some reason... So I just sat making my millions, and then I joined a NEW FL... with Hag as the leader...

Then Sargon joined after me, and him and Hag got along (A little too well)... I didn't fit... So I got kicked from FL... I had put in almost 4 years of FL with Ooji and (even Cecil at one point)... And I was not even considered for ANY leadership roles, yet everyone was more then happy for me to make them armor... the SECOND I was booted, EVERYONE turned on me... SO I x shard to Atl... Got bored there, and quit... for over a year... Came back to an offer to buy Eggs old house at Yew gate, something I had been after for YEARS... Bought it, and then quit for 4 months,.

Amren

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Started with some people I went to school with, we made a guild and pked and looted everyone we saw. Nothing like 4 skilled players taking down some newbs.

Anyway most people I played with left after uo:r was released. I play a lot less these days. It's not the game it was.

Hey, I remember Anguisette. I'm the one that trained/militarized her guild before I got kicked out. Yeah... the personality flaws of youth. Oh well...