• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Technical] Upcoming End of Support for 32-bit Windows Versions

Stratics News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone,

Albion Online is planning to discontinue the support of 32-bit Windows versions later this year.

32-bit Windows versions allow for a maximum of 2.7GB of RAM to be used. This has already led to technical issues, like crashes because of insufficient available RAM, in the past. With the growing complexity of Albion, this will become a bigger issue in the future.
As 32-bit Windows versions have phased out of the market for quite a while now, only a small fraction of our total userbase will be affected by this change. Anyone who has more than 4GB RAM in their PC will likely be running a 64-bit version of the Operating system anyways - everyone else should upgrade their OS to a 64-bit version.

FAQ

Why are you discontinuing support for 32-bit Windows?
32-bit OS are limiting in terms of RAM. Ceasing to support these versions will allow for more complex echnical constructs.

When will support for 32-bit Windows end?
We are planning to discontinue support for the 32-bit versions with the next big update

How do I find out what type of system I have?
Press Windows + Break Key (or go to Windows Control Panel --> System). Under "System", it should say "System type" and either 32-bit OS or 64-bit OS.

How does this affect me if I already have a 64-bit Windows version?
This change will not affect you at all.

What should I do if I still have a 32-bit version of Windows?
Upgrade to a 64-bit version of your operating system.

-Talion

Continue reading...