• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tech Support needed

B

Beele

Just got my pre-order box from Gamestop yesterday, spent 9 hours downloading the game, found out that if you try to unzip the package with anything other than WinZip it doesn't work, finally got it installed, ran into a brick wall with needing to log in to patch, but none of my log in combinations would work.

I am pretty sure I read that they recommended patching frequently before pre-order beta started to make sure there is a minimum of downtime to update on Sunday the 7th, but I could have interpreted things wrong.

So I go check out the Mythic web site and log into my passport account, no problems.

I try changing my password for both my passport and game account, no problems (other than it took over 20 minutes for a confirmation email to be received, but that isn't the end of the world). Try logging in to the patcher with both my passport and game account info, and no go.

So I go back to the Mythic passport page and click on "support", which takes me to a log in page. I try to log in, and it won't let me log in using either my passport or game account info. Hmmm.

So I click on "I forgot my screen name", enter my email address, and after seeing a message that it was successfully sent, wait. 12 hours now, no email. I tried having my password sent at about the same time, 12 hours later, still no email for that, either.

I used the same email address for everything I did, so the fact that I am not receiving any responses makes me wonder if I am going to be able to log in on Sunday. Without the ability to log in, I can't talk to anyone until Monday when they have people manning the phones.

Anyone have suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? I know I can't log into the game, if I can't log into the patcher until Sunday I don't mind, but the fact that I can't log into the Mythic web support page is disturbing and that I can't get any information sent to my email account even more so.

Thanks in advance.

N

Noun

I had a friend that had troubles with this last night. He just kept trying and eventually had it work.

What's it exactly saying? Wrong password, incorrect login, etc?

B

Beele

For the patcher, it just says "Authentication failed. Please re-enter your login credentials." You get to do that three times before it kicks you out and makes you restart.

For the Mythic Support page, it says,"The username and/or password you provided are incorrect. If you are having problems, please use the "I forgot my password" or "I forgot my screen name" links provided below to retrieve your account information."

This, in spite of the fact that I can log into the passport page and see my active status and change my passwords.

However, I just noticed something. What I thought was the Mythic support page has an EA website name unattached to Mythic, so maybe I need to create an account on EAs web site to get further help, though the fact that they pretend to recognize my email address suggests I don't. If so, a pox on all their houses.

B

Beele

Bah, yes, a pox, a pox I say to thee.

The page for support related to Mythic Warhammer is NOT related to Mythic's Warhammer accounts and requires a completely seperate account with EA.

B

Beele

accounts.eamythic.com is where the passport is.

If you go to
http://help.warhammeronline.com/cgi-bin/eawarhammer.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_sid=GC_Kpcdj

then try to ask a question, you get forwarded to
http://customersupport.ea.com/login...arhammer.cfg/php/enduser/cci/ecp_redirect.php (and a bunch of crud more that I cut off)

It has all the artwork which suggests that it is a Mythic controlled web page and even says right on the page "Warhammer customer support", but it isn't. It requires logging in with a master EA account and password.

More than likely, this is a problem that will auto-resolve tomorrow when pre-order beta actually begins. If it doesn't, though, I am sure that EA will take the full 24 hour period they allow themselves to respond and I will wind up on the phone with someone Monday figuring out what I did wrong and how I can log in to play ;-).

N

Noun

They've separated the account pages for a while now. The Beta Center was basically just for closed beta purposes. The new Account Management Center is their all-purpose manager, everything to do with your account should be dealt with there.

B

Beele

accounts.eamythic.com is the main passport page and may have everything to do with the account (which, as I already said, I know, I have been there- clicking support on that page takes you to DAOC support with no information about Warhammer at all), but isn't apparently prepared to perform any form of meaningful support through there.

I will give the feedback link a shot, too, and see if I get any results. Thanks for the advice.

B

Beele

Yeah, turns out it that I was just as far along as I could go before the pre-order beta period started. I got in no problems...

C

craiz226

I had the same problem but now it says my account it blocked and to contact customer support. But of course there is no damn customer support anywhere and now I have to miss the first day or preview. I am pretty irate might not even play.

R

Rabid Muppet

So, just to confirm:

If I pre-ordered the non-collector's edition box, and I try to log into the Mythic patcher, I will get the "Authentication failed. Please re-enter your login credentials.", and I can't expect it to work until 7AM EST on Tuesday?

B

Beele

My understanding is that unless you were part of beta, you can't do anything with the Mythic patcher until the 18th, yes. If you were part of beta (open or closed), then I THINK you can start on the 16th. As you pointed out, CE purchasers were able to log in as of the 14th.

It does, however, strike me as strange that you can't even log into the patcher. I would expect them to permit logging into the patcher, but denying access once the patcher finished its' business. That way, they minimize how hard their patch servers get hit the moment the game goes live. Their servers, their choice, logical or not.

R

Rabid Muppet

Yeah, it seems odd they wouldn't have added some comment pointing out the fact your info is correct but they can't let you in yet, or like you said, allow folks into the patcher, then break the bad news to them.