• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tech issue - mouse / targeting cursor

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i took a long break from actively playing uo. now that i'm back i've noticed some weirdness with the targeting cursor. note: i've tried toggling the option to 'run mouse in a separate thread' but no matter what the option is set to, i get the same behavior.

1st - i cast a spell using hot keys & the targeting cursor doesn't appear until i move the mouse. example: if i press F1 to cast lightning but don't move the mouse, the targeting cursor will never appear!
2nd - when i attempt to hover on an item anywhere on the screen to the right of my character, the pointer shakes wildly. i have to move the mouse around the screen before it steadies itself. it happens when i'm looking at items in a chest, corpse, or even trying to select the buy/sell option from a npc vendor context menu. the odd thing is that it never happens when i view items that are on the left side of the screen.

i'm running the classic client, windows 7 laptop. same setup i had a year ago when i was actively playing (but didn't have these issues).

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you probably tried this but with some settings you may have to re start the game before they change

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it applies but change the batteries in ur mouse. I find that when my batteries are running low the cursor twitches

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
problem solved (and you're not going to believe the solution (it came as quite a surprise to me)). in windows 7, i set uo to 'run as administrator'. and in uo, i had the client set to 'run mouse in separate thread'.

what the ???! never in a million years would i have guessed the administrator setting would cause the mouse to act flaky. but on a whim i made the change and it fixed my problem!