• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teamwork - how you get that working?

F

Fidessa

Okay, I Know what IS important in teamwork, don't tell me that. But how do you get a groupe of pvp'ers who are only used to solo pvp get used to TEAMWORK? What tips you have ? Till now I find it really hard to get teamwork part of our teamplay, and yes we all want to do it right.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't, intentionally.

You get a bunch of solo pvpers so used to pvping with each other that they don't have to be told how to pvp with each other. Until they have an image in their mind's eye of where their team members will be, and are able to predict where their team members will go, no amount of "telling" them anything will help, and will only hurt them as they'll be fighting their instincts.

Go out. Fight. Die. Res. Repeat.

Eventually, you'll stop hitting step 3 quite so often.

H

HalfDead

Just remember that the larger the group, the harder it is to have affective team work. When you have a very large group, I think the best thing to do is to divide them into platoons/dividsions or whatever you wanna call it. That way each group will become familiar with each other a lot faster and learn each others playstyle.

I would put a diffrent template in each platoon, that way if you're field fighting everyone knows their job. And if you get 3 platoons fighting together they are just about unstoppable. Because they then have orginization rather than all of them free styling. But then again I could be wrong.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Because they then have orginization rather than all of them free styling. But then again I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are.

Everybody knows good pvpers are always busting mad rhymes, free stylin harder than the time they did for their crimes.

*looks around for a dope beat, cause rapping about slapping hoes is super-neat*

G

Make some trainings fights, maybe put 2 who can work together in one group and 3-4 that can't in an other group. Tell the large group, that they have to keep each others alive and work together because else the little group with teamwork will win.

Now I'm not a good PvP'er but I can remember how UDL trained new slaves.

I remember Mark telling them:

1. They would get punished if a knight died.
2. It was more important for them to stay alive than killl. If they forgot that and died, they was useless and would risk to be left on the battlefield or booted if Mark got mad.
3. Stay in group, trust the healers in the group, running away to heal do not work in a group

I think it takes alot of training

G

Make sure you all stay together ... that is vry important , If possible get a party going before you engage in battle

make sure everyone has each other's Life Bars up keep an eye out on each other's life toss heals when there needed

Try to have only one person calling targets if everyone is calling targets then things get crazy also if you have a dismounter that imo should be the one calling the targets

Ventrilo or Teamspeak is also a great tool to take advantage of

K

Kat SP

- Smaller "platoons" is the way to go with a larger group, as suggested above
- Have dismounter or another designated person [if no dismounter] call targets
- Know WHO to dismount... Don't bother with mounted ninja's
- Use discipline in Vent/TS... Relay only pertinent information. Never over-talk the target caller. Save the pancakes about lag until later.
- Platoons should stay on the same screen with their group of 3 or whatever number you're using.
- Never run and stray from the group... Rely on and trust your healer's to do just that. Healer's can't help you if they can't see you.
- Cure yourself. Let the healer, heal.
-Use UOAM.. When someone falls, rally around their corpse, rez and defend that corpse with everything you have until that person is up and fully healed.

PvP and practice on a daily basis. Good PvPer's are good because that's mainly what they do and they do it daily.

I feel your pain.. We're working on the same things! lol

F

Feyre

Have them get over thierselves and how great of solo pvpers they think they are, cause if ya got one thinkin that they are the greatest thing to sliced bread, they will be the first to not back up the team.

R

Rykus

I mostly run solo these days, but back when I was in a larger pvp guild we used the buddy system, for lack of better terms. At a minimum, operate in pairs. Stay with your partner, or wingman, no matter what, watching each other's health and opponents health and healing your ally or attacking the opponent as needed. If nothing else it is the beginning of adjusting to a larger group.

I

imported_Max Blackoak

i have a lot of experience of leading large groups into battle on Siege. i don't claim that we have always been the winners, but on many occasions we have, even though we never used mounts and had very strict template restrictions (all dexxers, only about 2 mages, no ninjas, no samurais, no nekros, no paladins, etc.)

back in the days we used to have about 20-30 people online at the same time and as some others already stated: this is when it gets REALLY hard to lead and organize them. splitting those people up is a good idea, but i never really liked that, because you basically had to avoid each other and get separate uoam channels then, since people got confused and all of a sudden ran with the other group without noticing.

so i stuck to the 'one group' principle.

here it is important to have ONE person call the shots! this is the only thing that works. that person needs to have a unique color in UOAM that everybody can read and that noone else is allowed to use.

everybody in the group has to obey the leader, no matter what. you can discuss things later, but in battle you HAVE to follow the orders given by the leader.

everybody except the leader only talks in UOAM when necessary (report incoming opponents, report own death, etc.). otherwise it gets too confusing for everybody

stay together at all costs! that means stay within one screen, so everybody can see everybody else. i used to wear special clothes, so people could always recognize me and thus try to stay on the same screen as me at all times.

Crossheal ! it is faster than healing yourself and multiple people can help heal you through massive manadumps for example. here it is important for the player who is being damaged NOT to run away. he has to basically stay in the same spot, so people can heal with bandages (in case you only have very few mages). Also it is more important to keep your buddies alive than to finish some opponent (depending on the number of opponents of course).

ok, those are the basic principles that always apply. now for practicing.

get all of your guild together and make them get OFF their mounts. all of the above gets alot easier when practiced without mounts because mounted players have a tendency to run off the screen, thus splitting up the group, making it possible for the opponents to pick single targets more easily.

now make teams that PvP against each other.
each player should have a makro that indicates when he needs healing, so the others can help him in time. (e.g.: we all used to have a makro saying *xxx bleeds*.)
Let the teamleader call the targets. as soon as he called a target everybody in the team attacks that target until it is dead.

practice teamfighting that way until people really work together. then give them their mounts back and practice again. try to make people really stay close to their leader. after a while your group will get better and have a large advantage over other groups that are not as organized.

all of the above is for guilds that only use UOAM as means of communication. we never used anything else, because i didn't like my roommates waking up at 4 in the morning to me yelling at my computer hehe.
ventrillo or teamspeak make it alot easier for the teamleader because he doesn't have to type all the orders, but it appears i was a fast enough typer most of the time, so it can be done, believe me.

but still the basic rules apply, also when TS or vent is being used.

any further questions? just ask...

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

any further questions?

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the meaning of life?

A

Azure

Experienced players are going to know how to fight in a group automatically. First each player has to be able to kill in a 1v1 situation for the group to be really effective outnumbered.

The thing that made REV so sucessful was that most every player in REV was good 1v1 and at fighting odds. You can always zerg but it's not going to make your team any better.

To practice split up your group and go at it. If you don't have enough to do that, do individual duels.

S

Shadow Tamer-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Experienced players are going to know how to fight in a group automatically. First each player has to be able to kill in a 1v1 situation for the group to be really effective outnumbered.

The thing that made REV so sucessful was that most every player in REV was good 1v1 and at fighting odds. You can always zerg but it's not going to make your team any better.

To practice split up your group and go at it. If you don't have enough to do that, do individual duels.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you get this from 42?

A

Azure

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you get this from 42?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we know why you're not any good at pvp

A

AllMighty

i can tell you on thing be like the rest of the guilds that have PvPs and get a vent channel it helps a lot

D

Dechan

Fidessa I already told everyone in the alliance how to do it.. ignore most of the answers here there is only one way for a greoup to become really good at PVPig together.... PVP TOGETHER!

That was my frustration when someone out farming actually told me "you cant expect anyone to drop what they are doing to come help you." is when I realised that it was not the group for me. personally when I am in a group/guild that is exactly what I expect sure there can be the dude that is ALWAYS calling for help but you know what if that dude always helps when asked I have no problem with it..

the other problem currently is that 99% of the groups out there are only 2 templates Stealth archers and Stealth tamers.. give OTF some props at least they fight with mages if we could just get them to quit teaming up with VMP tamers they would probably be the best out there but I have to detract for the constant working with vmp tamers :p

P

Phish Phan

You call fluctuations in field fight situations allying?

We're pretty used to everyone ganging up on us, but there have been several fights lately where the different teams would switch targets back and forth mid battle... were they allying with or against us? Neither, it's called a FIELD fight!

Just because you've been caught in the middle of a fight between two or more different guilds and subsequently get dropped for interrupting, you shouldn't go around calling them allied. (can't even list the number of times we show up and everyone drops what they're doing to attack us
)

Yeah, I know. Pot, kettle, black etc.

oh btw, who are you and what guild are you in?

D

Dechan

No idea who you are phish I am in my guild with Me, Myself and I. You might notice I said WORKING WITH... not allied with... but there are instances where OTF and VMP tamers will camp gates together etc that is not just a choice of whom you are attacking first it is WORKING WITH.. to kill others. again its your perogitive who you work with but I just think its a shame you cant find a pvp group that does not have as many stealth tamers as they do mages

I personally hate being the only mage in a group because that means I am the only one xhealing and always end up target number 1

H

HalfDead

<blockquote><hr>

Have them get over thierselves and how great of solo pvpers they think they are, cause if ya got one thinkin that they are the greatest thing to sliced bread, they will be the first to not back up the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot meet kettle.

F

Feyre

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot meet kettle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is this kettle, and why would he want to meet pot?

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

- a free sandwich - [OTF]

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

No idea who you are phish

[/ QUOTE ]
Look closer...

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

No idea who you are phish I am in my guild with Me, Myself and I.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

I personally hate being the only mage in a group because that means I am the only one xhealing and always end up target number 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever sat down with Myself and I and had a heart to heart talk about more teamwork on the field? Perhaps the three of you just aren't communicating enough.

F

Fidessa

Thank you everyone who handed out tips and I really appreciate your add Max

Taduc: sometimes hearing from someone isn't enough to make you stick to it. Sometimes to read from various ppl will open your eyes more than someone yelling: STICK TOGETHER lol :/.

Also Taduc I really hope you didn't leave forever, because ones that tokuno stuff is over - things will be different! Would make me really sad to have you gone 'forever'. You are one of the few I can count on. If you were on and I said 'hPle' you were the first to arrive *hugs*.