• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teamspeak, it Doesn't Cost Anything.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Stratics runs a free teamspeak server. Not only can you join us while we stream we can make channels for your guilds or friends to use if you need.
The IP for it is ts.stratics.com
There is no password or port needed.

If you don't have it, it is a voice communication system that allows you to talk instead of type. Similar to ventrilo or mumble it keeps your hands free for macros while you chat away with your friends (or foes!).

You can download it here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads
Just pick your version of windows or the operating system you use and download the latest version.

Hope to see you in chat soon!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would but I truly HATE Teamspeak. I do use RaidCall and Ventrilo though... but I just seriously HATE TeamSpeak. But that's awesome you are hosting a free one that's wonderful.

Reactions: Kat

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics runs a free teamspeak server. Not only can you join us while we stream we can make channels for your guilds or friends to use if you need.

If you don't have it, it is a voice communication system that allows you to talk instead of type. Similar to ventrilo or mumble it keeps your hands free for macros while you chat away with your friends (or foes!).

Just pick your version of windows or the operating system you use and download the latest version.

I've never used teamspeak before. Are the channels that you create for guilds or a group of friends private for that guild or group?

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live by the rule that nothing in life is free, you pay somewhere down the line...

Always google the risk BEFORE downloading programs to your computer people.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's Teamspeak....we're not trying to hack you...( :eyes: )

But seriously TS is totally free to Download and Stratics has a dedicated server for it's community that's totally free. We would love to have you come hang out with us!

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've never used teamspeak before. Are the channels that you create for guilds or a group of friends private for that guild or group?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
C3 is another nice program and its free :)

@Xanthril of LA pretty sure they cant make each guild or group private because of settings for admins and such.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I used teamspeak before and I really liked it. I could see a few issues as you need the person who owns the license to grant you privileges to do a lot of things when it comes to private rooms and such.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kinda suspected that. Makes it a lot less appealing if just anyone can jump into a conversation between friends.

Ok I went on our guilds TS and had to ask. We have 4 TeamSpeak servers for our members and I don't deal with all that technical jazz since my priorities is to lead my savage ruthless players in our zerg of conquests lol.

My Guild Leader gave me the link and told me to post this to you as long as Stratics is using a TeamSpeak 3

Channel Password. You can set a password on specific channels that will limit access to the channels to the users who know the password for the channel. To set a channel password follow these steps:

1. Right click the channel you want to restrict.
  2. Click the "Edit Channel" option in the drop down dialog.
  3. Click in the "Password" field and enter a password.
  4. All users will be required to enter the password when entering the channel.
So I assume if Stratics would allow it but I can answer for them

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the guild im in has been using TS for 12 years and we love it.
it gets used every day.
would be neat if stratics made a guild channel for all the guilds they have in their guild section.
i cant see any guild using their open TS unless they could restrict access, wouldn't want people dropping in while your planning and executing a beautiful coup in VvV.
but for big shard events might be cool.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I live by the rule that nothing in life is free, you pay somewhere down the line...

Always google the risk BEFORE downloading programs to your computer people.
No one here at Stratics would ever encourage you to download anything that might harm your computer.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the guild im in has been using TS for 12 years and we love it.
it gets used every day.
would be neat if stratics made a guild channel for all the guilds they have in their guild section.
i cant see any guild using their open TS unless they could restrict access, wouldn't want people dropping in while your planning and executing a beautiful coup in VvV.
but for big shard events might be cool.
That is a thought for the future. We have lots of fun long term goals. Right now though, we do have it open to anyone and is for general gaming chat, but like I said, any of the senior staff would be happy to make a channel for a guild. At this time it wouldn't be a private channel (Unless there are features I don't know about that would allow me to do that).
Mostly I hope we can start bringing each other together, welcoming anyone to join our channels. I even stream in an open channel where you can (as frequently as you like) laugh at my lack of skillz. ;)
The other night it was Giggles, Larisa, and me. Three girls laughing it up in Ultima Online at the Napa EM Event. Ya'll seriously shoulda been there. It was hilarious.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am having second thoughts about this....some strange person named Dodger popped in there last night....and he kept pokin me while I was tryin to keep Flutter company during her stream! :heart:

I say the more the merrier, it was a lot of fun chatting with Dodger and some of his pals from Atlantic last night. Can't wait to get to know more of our wonderful Stratics community :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh my....I forgot Stratics is going down for maintenance....PARTY IN TS!

:pint::shots::snoopy:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL Glad you figured it out :)

Not sure if Nails is going to be in there during his stream tonight, but I know I will be joining Flutter in The Secret World for her stream tonight, hope to see you in there :)

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to resurrect this old topic, but better than creating a new one I guess. What's the server address name again? I tried ts.stratics.com, but it didn't find it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mumble?!?!?! Why!?!?!

I am sorry but I'm getting tired of the need for 200 different talky programs. This group uses teamspeak that group uses Mumble this group has to have Vent that group has something else and the other group has this ..... WTF I'm not installing another stupid program on my computer.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mumble?!?!?! Why!?!?!

I am sorry but I'm getting tired of the need for 200 different talky programs. This group uses teamspeak that group uses Mumble this group has to have Vent that group has something else and the other group has this ..... WTF I'm not installing another stupid program on my computer.
Because if he self hosts the Mumble server, he can have 1000 slots for people to join. Teamspeak you are limited to 32 slots, and for Ventrilo you are limited to 8 unless you pay for a license or pay a licensed hosting company to host your server for you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because if he self hosts the Mumble server, he can have 1000 slots for people to join. Teamspeak you are limited to 32 slots, and for Ventrilo you are limited to 8 unless you pay for a license or pay a licensed hosting company to host your server for you.
Well that's all well and good but I already and stuck using Vent and Teamspeak for UO and Landmark.... and I REFUSE to add another talky program to my computer.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mumble?!?!?! Why!?!?!

Vent, TeamSpeak, Mumble... prices of being a modern MMO gamer.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well that's all well and good but I already and stuck using Vent and Teamspeak for UO and Landmark.... and I REFUSE to add another talky program to my computer.
That's perfectly fine and I understand, Ron Bron is just saying he's putting mumble server up for the Stratics community to make use of if they desire, it's not like it is required of the community. I was just explaining why it made more sense as a choice than sticking with renting a Teamspeak server. A license to self host Teamspeak 3 with as many slots as Mumble Allows for free would have cost $500 a year, and renting one would have cost more than that monthly.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mumble is actually the best of the three programs, IMHO. I wish more groups used it. Has more customizable options.

Please post up details when server is up :)

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
didn't Ron Bron take down the mumble server for some reason? i remember the last time i wanted to stream live i was told it was taken down.
:juggle:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
didn't Ron Bron take down the mumble server for some reason? i remember the last time i wanted to stream live i was told it was taken down.
:juggle:
It was when the SSL Shuffle was going on, it just hasn't been put back up. I'll poke him about it again.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just want people to chat with. I dropped Legends though and went to Atlantic. If you see a character named something and Rook it's me. With the Young Status tag.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Respectful folks willing to do PVM always welcome in the DRED TeamSpeak server, if interested....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What equipment is needed to do this Links and pictures would be helpful. Needs to be totally hands free and quite so as not to disturb anyone and not clutter up computer desk.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll never play a game where I have to talk while playing it - too much disturbance on the rest of the household - but that's just me and I wish you well