• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 Holdouts?

G

Just paid a visit to TC3 today for the first time in awhile.. I was shocked to see many houses with 30 + sims, and the #1 skill house even had 500 hours!

To the TC3 holdouts - why have you not migrated to EA-Land? I can understand a few people staying behind to test out new things, but I have no idea why so many people are keeping out of EA-Land.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Alot of people play in TC3 and EA-Land at the same time.

I

Inge Jones

Ones I spoke to while I was there said they liked being able to get all the new things first.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Just paid a visit to TC3 today for the first time in awhile.. I was shocked to see many houses with 30 + sims, and the #1 skill house even had 500 hours!

To the TC3 holdouts - why have you not migrated to EA-Land? I can understand a few people staying behind to test out new things, but I have no idea why so many people are keeping out of EA-Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

For better or worse, I moved my oldest, favorite sim to TC3 along with all the best "stuff" accumulated over five years. In the past five years I've spent 99% of my time in game in Test Center. The TC population waxed and waned over the years, but the core group of people in that community are my oldest and dearest friends. I've tried out all the other cities, including EA L, but it is human nature to stick with what you know best. That is why I am in, and will remain, in TC3.

Oh, yeah, and getting new stuff and 'bugs is a habit now, and habits are hard to break. (Although I am disgruntled that TC3 is not getting the increased skill and payout boosts.
and hope that will change soon.)

M

MandiK

I havent been to TC3 in a couple months. I would like to go visit, but I am afraid my updater will stop working and then I wont be able to play anywhere, lol.

M

Monkeybear

Most free players play in TC3 as there are no restrictions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The free players in TC3 have no restrictions, but to me this is a flaw in the system since it directly contradicts EA's admonishment NOT to make TC1 or TC3 our primary homes due to the constant underlying 'threat' of the need for data wipes. Because of this, I have no problem with premium players spending a portion of their playing time there in order to mingle with the free players and encourage them to become premium players, but if I was to spend any more of my time there I'd think I was sending the wrong message to the newer premium players who were not aware that EA had made that statement that we were not supposed to make any of the TCs our primary residences.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

I would go to tc3, however after the shut down of the other cities.... I lost my tc3 sims.... somehow... I dont know what happen to them .. I have all the other 5 sims somewhere, whethere behind the BV sims or not.. But I do not have any TC3 sims.

F

festrmentmagnet

TC3 sims can't move to EA-Land, right?
So, the players in TC3 probably want to play there because they are more established than a newly created sim in EA-Land would be.

P

Paula777

Playing in TC3 only cuz it's free without restricitons

My TSOdream came through

I

i cant play in tc3 because i lost my tc3 sim.... if they arent on the acct... there is a blank space... (i guess where it used to be idk) what happen to my tc3 sims

G

that depends on where you are logging in... do you use the EALand at the end of your path that will put you into EALand only and you won't see your TC3 sims or at least it does for me lol

P

Paula777

yea lost one too due to the bv sims comin in sharing the 8 total slots...
your lost tc3 sims must have been younger than the rest of ur sims

my condolensces

G

<blockquote><hr>

yea lost one too due to the bv sims comin in sharing the 8 total slots...
your lost tc3 sims must have been younger than the rest of ur sims

my condolensces

[/ QUOTE ]

TC3 sims are on a separate server and should not be affected by any sims from the old production cities.

If may be to do with the way you are accessing the game - have you tried logging into via the TSO.exe and clicking to go to TC3?

Polly

P

Paula777

Yes sry , after posting I was wondering, that was an EA-Land sim ...

I apologize for the stupy post lol ...

Well it helped me to see all my Tc3 sims by logging in over the client with this property
"C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w -r800x600 "-CSCity:Test Center 3"

One girl made a very helpful thread about that subject.. where was it? tech forum?

P

Paula777

in tips and tactics, post called *How to see all your slots in EA Land*

I

and that will let me see my tc3 sim? what about the extra slot? I know i had them all full

P

Paula777

lol sry all lost too now...

just if you wanna see all ur existing tc3 sims, read that thread ...
other than that i'm out of this one

I

lol ok sorry... ill check the thread out another day .. not to worried about the tc3 sim much... just nice to have when ea land is down or i cant get into ea land... Which has happen before... I just go to tc3 .... thank you for you help though

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

lol ok sorry... ill check the thread out another day .. not to worried about the tc3 sim much... just nice to have when ea land is down or i cant get into ea land... Which has happen before... I just go to tc3 .... thank you for you help though

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't know why people would want to get rid of their TC3 stuff and land because they are leaving for EA Land. It's always nice to have a place to run to whenever EA Land may be down.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

The free players in TC3 have no restrictions, but to me this is a flaw in the system since it directly contradicts EA's admonishment NOT to make TC1 or TC3 our primary homes due to the constant underlying 'threat' of the need for data wipes. Because of this, I have no problem with premium players spending a portion of their playing time there in order to mingle with the free players and encourage them to become premium players, but if I was to spend any more of my time there I'd think I was sending the wrong message to the newer premium players who were not aware that EA had made that statement that we were not supposed to make any of the TCs our primary residences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players were admonished not to make TC their primary residence, but I have not seen any such admonition regarding TC3? Can you provide a link please? I do not believe any message has been sent at all from the current devs about not making TC3 a primary home.

Maybe you are just basing your opinion on what Test Center players were advised "way back when" (in the olden days) and I don't think the same reasoning holds true. At more than one pub meeting we were assured that TC3 sims would never lose everything even if a wipe is necessary. We were told that objects would be replaced. That is quite different advice that we received in Test Center.

I do wonder at the wisdom of having new players see how they like the game by visiting a test center. Test centers are always the least stable and most buggy versions -- it would seem the last place I'd want to have players visit to see if they like it.

G

Parizad made the statement herself when TC3 first opened up that we shouldn't make TC3 our primary residence either. I will have to see if I can dig that post up if you still need a link, but a search using her name around the time frame that TC3 opened should pull it up.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Players were admonished not to make TC their primary residence, but I have not seen any such admonition regarding TC3? Can you provide a link please? I do not believe any message has been sent at all from the current devs about not making TC3 a primary home.

Maybe you are just basing your opinion on what Test Center players were advised "way back when" (in the olden days) and I don't think the same reasoning holds true. At more than one pub meeting we were assured that TC3 sims would never lose everything even if a wipe is necessary. We were told that objects would be replaced. That is quite different advice that we received in Test Center.

I do wonder at the wisdom of having new players see how they like the game by visiting a test center. Test centers are always the least stable and most buggy versions -- it would seem the last place I'd want to have players visit to see if they like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can only speak for myself on this so I will. A long time ago when I first made my sim in TC I found I prefered the way of sim life there more than the other cities. Oh dont get me wrong I loved BF and AV but then a great deal of my closest friends were made in TC. I loved the family feel that TC gave me.

As far as not making it a home due to wipes or what not well I like many others disregarded that and spent many years very happy there. Yes we knew that at any given time we could be wiped but that didnt stop us from enjoying our time we spent there. I can only imagine that the same is holding true for TC3 now.

I havent been playing as much as I used to due to health reasons but as soon as Im better and I get my sims in EALand settled into their own home I will more than likely spend 75% of my time in TC3 with my friends as I always have. Its just a personal choice is all, no different from choosing say BF over AV, its just the city some prefer to play in.

K

Krystal Bell

I too have learned that TC/TC3 is a place I tend to love to be in. I will always love AV my first home and BF but TC and now TC3 will more than likely be where I spend most of my time. The people from TC are very friendly and it tends to have a small town homey feel to it. Im hoping TC3 continues to have that same feeling for me.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Its just a preference Carrie, some of us like it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

G

I love TC3 and I love Ea Land. I plan to play Sims in both areas. For me, it's the same game played two different ways. To each his/her own and thank goodness for the differences!

("Without deviation from the normal, there would be no progress." ...Frank Zappa)