• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 Button? Suggestion

D

donnallg

I just wanted to see if it were possible if we could get a TC3 button to take us to TC3 like we have the Free Will button to go to Betaville.

My sister in law created her TC3 sims first and now she isn't able to create in the production cities unless she deletes her sims.

I was just wondering if this could be a possiblity. That way no one has to delete sims in TC3 to play in production cities.

G

If you have Patcher up to date, she needs to use the TSOPatcher (with Test Center 3 version) and use TSOPatches.exe as the main game, if she uses TSOClient, she needs to change her launch program (from Client to Patch)

D

donnallg

She doesn't use TSOClient.exe to play the game.

I have tried for her also. When you log on to her account on either TC3 or The Sims Online. The only sims you see for her are all the TC3 sims.

That is not a problem when she is going to TC3 but when going to The Sims Online you are only able to see the first 3 sims. Those are all TC3 sims. So she's not able to make a sim for any of the Production Cities. The only ways she is going to be able to do that is to delete 4 of her sims in TC3 to make 1 sim in one of the production cities.

I have deleted 2 of her sims and tried to make a sim in BF for her but wasn't able to because it was only showing first 3 sims and none of her empty slots.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

This is how it works. Production city sims must be created first or TC3 sims will fill up your TSO slots. At this late date, I doubt they plan to fix anything with TSO login. All you can do is delete all of your TC3 sims to open up those TSO slots for creation in old cities if you choose to do so. However, at this point I see no reason to create a brand new sim in an old city when you can create those same new sims in EALand in just a couple of weeks. Creating sims in old cities will just delay the time until those sims are merged.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is how it works. Production city sims must be created first or TC3 sims will fill up your TSO slots. At this late date, I doubt they plan to fix anything with TSO login. All you can do is delete all of your TC3 sims to open up those TSO slots for creation in old cities if you choose to do so. However, at this point I see no reason to create a brand new sim in an old city when you can create those same new sims in EALand in just a couple of weeks. Creating sims in old cities will just delay the time until those sims are merged.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it would go a long way toward improving EA/player relations if the devs were to allow unlimited deletions in TC3 (no 7 day wait) for one 24 or 48 hour period.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of a few good reasons why someone might want to create in production cities right now:

~ to hold a property and free up a sim to "move" into EALand rather then wait for the city to merge
~ to transfer items between sims in various cities without losing current property held
~ to start skilling now in a busy city in preparation for catching the "bullet train" to EALand when it opens.
~ for a new player to be able to go and see what its like in an "old established city" where everyone has more money then sense, before they all change forever.

I guess it depends how long it will take to merge all the cities - there has been talk of up to 6 months before all cities are fully merged. Even by doing one city per week, it will take maybe 12 weeks?

Polly

D

donnallg

I have a sim there and yes she wanted to see what it was like in BF right now. We are stuck playing in TC3 all the time if we want to play together because she's not able to create there.

I think it is unfair to have to delete sims in the "new part of the game" to play the "old part".

L

legscroft

<blockquote><hr>

I think it would go a long way toward improving EA/player relations if the devs were to allow unlimited deletions in TC3 (no 7 day wait) for one 24 or 48 hour period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. It sucks for players who return and don't understand that they need to create sims in a certain order to be able to have 3 production city sims and 6 tc3 sims. They're paying the same monthly fee but are unable to play as many sims as some others without deleting sims they don't want to.

And now deleting a tc3 sim every 7 days isn't an option because I read on the blog they're disabling character creation in existing production cities in 1-2 weeks.

These players should have the same opportunity to get a property and items, or whatever the want in a production city to merge to ea-land.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on the vote for a dev wipe option or an open window for deleting TC3 sims. I'd like to transfer and keep some things... I didn't understand all that was going on and at one point I couldn't even login for about 3 weeks.

Please, have some mercy! I beg you!!!!

G

Why does everyone talk about 6 tc3 sims? On any of my accounts all i get is 3 production sims and 3 tc3 sims, not 6? the only way i can get 6 tc3 sims is if there are no production sims.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Why does everyone talk about 6 tc3 sims? On any of my accounts all i get is 3 production sims and 3 tc3 sims, not 6? the only way i can get 6 tc3 sims is if there are no production sims.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have logged into to TC3 using the tso.exe shortcut you will find a white arrow on the right side of your sim select screen. Click the arrow to find your additional sim slots in TC3. Access to your additional slots is not available when logging in using a shortcut to tsoclient.exe.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

totally agree. It sucks for players who return and don't understand that they need to create sims in a certain order to be able to have 3 production city sims and 6 tc3 sims. They're paying the same monthly fee but are unable to play as many sims as some others without deleting sims they don't want to.

And now deleting a tc3 sim every 7 days isn't an option because I read on the blog they're disabling character creation in existing production cities in 1-2 weeks.

These players should have the same opportunity to get a property and items, or whatever the want in a production city to merge to ea-land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that we are tired of the CC and lag that is in TC3 and would like to be free from it for a little bit. Now as it stands she will have to wait 21 more days before you can create a sim in BF by which time it will be off anyways.