• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC1 Dragon Turtle dead!!!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interestingly enough, the Dragon Turtle is not subject to Dragon nor Reptile Slayer.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lets see the drops :p

i bet 100m gold there the same old bad combos that dont know if there pvp or pvm , so turn out to be good for neither. my prediction is there will be 1 item from the entire new expansion that actually gets used if history is any indication.

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from the main part 2 thread:

Uvtha
Grand PoobahStratics Veteran

can you post a ss or stats :)
Wamap's Bone Earrings: 40% protection from (seemingly) random Eodon monster. This is actually potentially useful.

Balakai's Shama Staff:
Wildstaff
+10 med
MW -10
SC
Enhance potions 10%.

Lerei's Hunting Spear:
Long Spear
Hit Curse 10%
Reptile Slayer
Hit Mana Leech 50%
HCI 15%
DI 60%

Jumu's Sacred Hide:
Cape
Fire eater 10%
FCR 1
Fire resist 5%

Grugor's Shield:
Wooden shield
Strength bonus 10
SI 10
HPR 5
+4 in all resists.

Halawa's Hunting Bow
Yumi
Eodon Slayer
Velocity 60%
HCI 20%
SSI 45%
DI 60%

Moctapotl's Obsidian Sword
Paladin Sword
Hit Harm 50%
Hit Physical Area: 50%
Hit Stamina Leeche 100%
Splintering Weapon 20%
SSI 40%
DI 75%

Cape will be desirable, spear is useable potentially slightly better than an imbued spear, shield has nice str and stam bounus, but I wouldn't trade it for any of my looted shields, staff is pretty much pure RP, bow/sword underwhelming with no ML.

I miss the days of the Orny when you see an artifact and go "wow... that's awesome, I really want that item!" rather than "Oh, well... that might be usable in some suits".

#54Uvtha, Yesterday at 5:26 PM

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Same loot as most tram champ spawns but with the address bonus of chance for egg from dragon turtle hatchling

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The spawn was actually pretty tough with the new monsters. The silverback monkey things... They will rich you with throwing bananas... Those hurt really bad but a sampite does well there

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also a mastery book drops. I don't know if this will be the only official way to get them come release but I predict quite a large turnout on release day if so! ;)

-P.E.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Dragon Turtle Eggs do not drop yet off of the Dragon Turtle champion, but according to Kyronix they eventually will drop from him (probably once it hits live). He has not stated the exact chance for the drop, but considering Dragon Turtle Hatchlings are meant to be an event friendly alternative to Greater Dragons, the chance will probably be decent. They'll pop into your pack when the Dragon Turtle champion is killed.

The Champ spawn is of decent difficulty, the first few levels of spawn have very little Mana, so Wraith Form won't leech much from them. Cold seems to be the best Element for most of the spawn. Greater Phoenix are the only spell casters in the spawn. Infernus drop down pools of Fire that act like Acid Pools when you stand in them, quickly doing 20+ damage a tick. The 4th level of the spawn has dinosaurs such as Allosaurus and Dimetrosaur. The Dimetrosaur is probably the most dangerous creature in the spawn, since it not only can apply Mortal Strike, but also it can do an AoE DP, similar to Yamandons.
The champ itself, the Dragon Turtle, isn't too hard. He bites for 30-40 damage against a player with max resists, and has no spell casting ability. However, he does have an ability where he radiates out water bubbles, which do 60 damage or so to a max resist player if they touch you. The Dragon Turtle is not vulnerable to any Slayer, and neither are the Dragon Turtle Hatchlings.
Overall, most of the spawn can easily be tanked by a Greater Dragon (or Dragon Turtle Hatchling) under the effect of a 120/120 "Combat Training: Consume Damage", with the Dimetrosaurs causing the biggest problem to Tamers due to their AoE DP. Even the Dragon Turtle champion can be easily tanked by a Greater Dragon under 120/120 "Combat Training: Consume Damage".

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The infernus pools, do they destroy durability? I hope not otherwise that'll be a terrible spawn for melee warriors. Again.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did it solo
Champ is longer than bara sure , i belive as hard as Spider champ or even litle worse.

The boss are very slow, not very often teleport to his position, firebreafh (don know what type of damage - 41 damage to me on Armored dragon and 75 fire res) and blows some balls 3 of 4 colors:
http://i59.***********/29xi3c9.jpg
That balls dose some kind of curse on you - unfort i didnt cheked that:

http://i58.***********/qrfdy0.jpg

Loot looks like usual cham loot. I forget to wear luck at the end - so i got 0 intresnig items in loot
BUT skinnign bring me 30 barbeb & 20Dragon Turtle Scute - ingridient for new armor:
http://oi60.***********/w7lwuv.jpg

If this boss is the only source of this ingridient for new armor then this "Leather" must bee not cheap
and i hope this new armor must bee not some kind of Dragon armor.

Last edited: