• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC1 and Metal Armor

• Thread starter Good_Ole_Lefty
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Base resists on Metal armor is still low. No noticable resist buff for being GM while using a runic hammer.

I think it is high time to equalize metal armor vs Leather. Making it viable for game play. The last time I seen someone in full plate was in UO:R.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is indeed rediculous that wooden armor and weapons both have more resists and free (damage) mods on them and metal gets nothing of value. Leather already has a free meditation bonus, so who would ever use a crafted metal armor piece or weapon, even with the runic bonusses? And don't even get me started on DRAGON ARMOR, I never saw anyone wear that after AOS, it's rediculously hard to get exceptional, and the bonusses are even WORSE then metal.

I think a flat off damage reduction, like we had prior to KR, would be the best solution for armor. It also makes slower weapons that deal higher damage packets much more viable than they are now.

Bring back the hit locations...

7% hands
7% neck
14% arms
15% head
22% legs
35% chest

Now look at the armor in that slot, and reduce damage as follows:
Leather/Cloth Hats/Masks/Ninja stuff 0
Studded/Light Wood/Light Samurai Helmets 2
Bone/Heavy Wood 3
Ring 4
Chain//Chain Coif/Light Helmets 5
Plate/Samurai Do stuff/Norse Helm 6
Dragon Armor 8

Easy to code in as well, as there are already hitchecks to determine what armor gets damaged.

G

Without an Armor over haul, I think one very simple fix would be that Exceptionally crafted metal armor should have the mage armor property tagged to them. It works really well with the samurai armor(no gloves however).

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know many players want to have a reason to wear metal armor, but as a smith, the shortcomings of metal armor just makes my crafting decisions easier...

Since metal armor sucks and you can't make weapons with cloth or leather, my smith makes weapons and my tailor makes armor. Simple enough.

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

Since metal armor sucks and you can't make weapons with cloth or leather, my smith makes weapons and my tailor makes armor. Simple enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ye of little faith in EA's ability to make your simple decision a little tougher!
From the patch notes..

Certain Dragons have been buffed; they are now more powerful than Cu-Sidhe, Reptalons, or Hiryus but take 5 control slots

I wonder how "easy" your choice will be when leather is in shorter supply, since I doubt they'll be as easy to farm anymore. Who knows? Maybe you'll just pay the piper.

[Edit]

Oh, and just a reminder to all who read, I'm a smith AND a tailor, so really in the end, other than style choice, it makes no difference to me. However, I really DO believe that metal should protect better than leather, at least against SOME things, to make it a real choice.

And, by the way, I'd like to point out that other than buying the ingots from players, metal armor requires a secondary skill to make it: You gotta have Mining to get the ingots. Should we make a skill called Skinning for leather armor?

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

"I know many players want to have a reason to wear metal armor, but as a smith, the shortcomings of metal armor just makes my crafting decisions easier..."

All I have to say is pre AOS Smiths took much pride in their work and the customer always got what they wanted.