• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC & TC3 Offline Dec 4th - VERY IMPORTANT

G

Today at 3 pm PST, we are taking both TC & TC3 offline. We do not expect downtime for TC3 to be longer than one hour. However, TC will not be coming back online.

With this downtime, we are backing up both TC & TC3. What does that mean to you? If you are a TC3 player, nothing you do tonight will be saved. So... don't do pet pulls because until tomorrow we will truly be cheetah deletahs. You can, of course, keep playing in TC3 when it comes back online, but everything will revert back to how your house and sim was right as we went offline at 3 pm today.

Edited to add: Here we go guys!!! Are you as excited as I am?

I

imported_sedusa

<blockquote><hr>

With this downtime, we are backing up both TC &amp; TC3. What does that mean to you? If you are a TC3 player, nothing you do tonight will be saved. So... don't do pet pulls because until tomorrow we will truly be cheetah deletahs. You can, of course, keep playing in TC3 when it comes back online, but everything will revert back to how your house and sim was right as we went offline at 3 pm today.

Edited to add: Here we go guys!!! Are you as excited as I am?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im confused, go figure...LOL. So, when it comes back up after this maintenance, everything we do in TC3 will mean nothing until when, tomorrow after morning maintenance or after the usual Wednesday update?
And, yes I am excited!

I

Isimsalotta

The merge is coming! The merge is coming!!! YAY! My TC sims will have friends again!!! Hip hip Hooray!! The merge is coming!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Merge?

Is this the merge?

*OMG* I hope so!!! YAY!!!!

I

imported_LFancey

sedusa,

No that is my fault. I was talking very quickly to Parizad. What we are saying...

"If anything gets corrupted between after the back up and after the merge then it is gone" So have fun tonight in TC3 when I open it back up. But I wouldn't pet pull

Cheers

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

sedusa,

No that is my fault. I was talking very quickly to Parizad. What we are saying...

"If anything gets corrupted between after the back up and after the merge then it is gone" So have fun tonight in TC3 when I open it back up. But I wouldn't pet pull

Cheers

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

So...what we do in TC3 tonight will be saved unless there's a problem with the merge? In which case it might not?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

sedusa,

Cheers

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

So...what we do in TC3 tonight will be saved unless there's a problem with the merge? In which case it might not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it like a "checkpoint" for a potential "system restore point".

G

soooo, skills earned, money made. hours of visitors?, nothing will count at all? it will just revert to 3pm pacific time on Tuesday? Is that what this is saying?

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

I don't know...I kind of took it as...if you work and make money it stays, as long as no problems with merge....if there is a problem and they have to backup...it's lost, as they go back to 3pm pst today... hope that's how it is
) Sedusa and I have to work, lolol

G

i was just reading what Parizad said, it WILL revert back to 3pm Tuesday pacific time....

G

If you are a TC3 player, nothing you do tonight will be saved.

that seems clear, doesnt it?

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

yes, but i also read this later....

sedusa,

Cheers

Lee

G

oh em gee oh em gee. &lt;--- thats me being excited.

srsly. I went to log on and saw both down and ran directly here

Well not ran literally... more like opened a tab on firefox but w/e.

G

you may have read that later, but it seems there are two versions of what will happen, it was very clear that parizad said :
You can, of course, keep playing in TC3 when it comes back online, but everything will revert back to how your house and sim was right as we went offline at 3 pm today.

so what quote is correct??? or do we just guess at what everyone *meant*?? can someone who KNOWS please give us some kind of answer??? (instead of wel meaning other sims who are guessing just like i am?)

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

well....maybe i'll be safe and just skill tonight....if i lose a few skill points, ugh...no biggie

M

mysticlisa516

Lee is one of the devs, so I do believe he know what he's talking about.

I

imported_SimTripps

Like KIR said, it's a sort of 'system back up/restore' thing. The merge will use the backed-up TC3 files from today only. So anything you do in TC3 tonight once the city's back on-line - skill, make money, redecorate, yadda yadda - will not be there after the merge, since these actions were not done BEFORE the back-up was created and thus will not in the back-up. So no point in doing anything really, except go to the Pub for a beer tonight lol...

Reason for edit: SimTripps needs a Stratics spell-checker lol...

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Gee....that sounds cool...if you drink beer...which I don't...lol

M

MandiK

I cant wait to get back in! I dont know why, Im just excited LOL

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Exciting! Can't wait to see the outcome. I'm sure it'll be interesting nonetheless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

After Test Center 3 has been backed up I will re-open the city to the public. This back up will be the final back up before Test Center is merged. If there is any form of data lose during the merge we only have up until 3:00 PM PST on 12/04/2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Blog Post about the closing and backup of TC &amp; TC3.

In other words, this is the restore point if they *need* to do a restore. Anything done between 3pm and the restore will be lost, but only if they need to restore.....if they do *not* need to restore the game, then everything you do from this point is good.

That is why it is suggested you do not pet pull tonight.

I

imported_LFancey

Test Center 3 is back online

Test Center is tucked away sleeping.

Lee

M

Monkeybear

TC's been taken off the city select screen and stratics homepage

G

A moment of silence for TC ..

ok.. i'll like pour booze on the ground gangsta style for it later.

G

oooh i was right to be scared it errored on me b4 log in waaaah

I

imported_LFancey

<blockquote><hr>

A moment of silence for TC ..

ok.. i'll like pour booze on the ground gangsta style for it later.

[/ QUOTE ]

werd...

I

imported_LFancey

lil old lady,

Where you logged in B4? We literally shut the cities down and restarted them.

Lee

I

imported_debslee

Working fine for me - yipeee all very exciting! Well done Devs! Good on ya!

G

Houston we may have a problem lol... getting the error updating the updater and then not being able to connect to the server

A

Autumn Grace

Same problem here...

I am able to get back into TC3, but, I cannot update to go into AV. I get an error connecting to the server.

G

still getting error updating maybe its that north of the river thing again get in ya car lee quick

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Nope Merge tomorrow.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

But this is the 'official' countdown to the merge?

YAY! Ok we have to wait til tomorrow but I have to say that this is almost like waiting for Santa.

I'll be hanging here all day tomorrow! (Could someone keep my boss busy so I can do that?)

G

<blockquote><hr>

(Could someone keep my boss busy so I can do that?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure thing have him call me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Nope Merge tomorrow.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

But this is the 'official' countdown to the merge?

YAY! Ok we have to wait til tomorrow but I have to say that this is almost like waiting for Santa.

I'll be hanging here all day tomorrow! (Could someone keep my boss busy so I can do that?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I think it's the 'official' announcement of the 'official' countdown to the merge.
I could be wrong.

I'm just sayin'

P

PB Three

LOL!

Anyway, I can hardly wait.

P.S. @ The Devs: Do you have an ETA on when the merge will start?

PB Three

M

MandiK

3PM PST is when the city will go down, to begin the process. Im 99.8% positive.

I AM SO EXCITED! I cant wait!

G

I'm all excited. I hope I don't get sidetracked by the time I go home and forget again

I think I'll be working late tonight
just like I did when TC3 opened.