• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC 3 - Imminent Ghost Town????

• Thread starter imported_debslee
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_debslee

Just a thought...I went to TC 3 this weekend and it was like a ghost town now that everyone is "girding their loins" for the merge in EA Land. I do wonder at the fate of TC3? Also I was interested to note that the "Phone Box Packing experiment" did not happen in TC3 first and see how it would work. Do you think that there are going to be more test runs in EA Land than in TC3? I must admit, I love playing in TC3, but have hardly been back in 9 days or so of EA Land opening....... What is everyone elses thoughts? Do you think TC3 will get back to normal after the merge or end up being a Ghost Town...?

G

ghost town along with the others..EALand is where everyone is building up for the long run

G

As time goes on and we get releases that require testing, many will (hopefully !!) run back to TC3 to help test, once they're done with testing, they'll patch back to EA-Land, rinse, repeat as updates happen.

Although many people have still to build skills and money up in TC3, there is more of an "urgency" to do this in EA-Land and get established. I've not played in TC3 much lately, but definitely intend to patch back when there is something to help test.

Polly

G

I should clarify my prior post..you're right, there will always be people going into TC3 to test-drive the new updates as they come...but it will be a visit, a one or two day stop at best...home will stay EA Land for most all

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I actually believe over time TC3 and EALand will be slightly different just for the fact that there is no cashout in TC3. The cashout feature in EALand will alter the economic structure of the two servers in the long run.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As time goes on and we get releases that require testing, many will (hopefully !!) run back to TC3 to help test, once they're done with testing, they'll patch back to EA-Land, rinse, repeat as updates happen.

Although many people have still to build skills and money up in TC3, there is more of an "urgency" to do this in EA-Land and get established. I've not played in TC3 much lately, but definitely intend to patch back when there is something to help test.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
Just curious - how much skill and money are required to perform a "phone booth packing" (population) test?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just curious - how much skill and money are required to perform a "phone booth packing" (population) test?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you would like to discuss the "Crash the EA House" event, please use this existing thread for that.

F

frogger2

Remember how dead AV and other production cities were right after Dragons Cove and Bettaville city of free will was? everytime a new city opens up sims flock to it like a bum to a lost 1 dollor bill.give time tc3 will have as many ups and downs in city populatin once city merge is complete...that is as long as thiers updates lol. I still pop in every so often with updates every wednesday I just have to check it out lol. so dont give up tc3 just yet.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

IF the dev team consistently parades through meaningful things for the players to test, they will show up in TC3.

However, I do believe the main reason TC kinda flopped was because there wasn't anything new to test for years and years. So people stopped going there.

I won't be 'building' up anything in EAland until my mains get merged. Seems rather pointless since I'll have my old established sims and my 'stuff' there sooner or later. Since MF is last, I guess I'll be off doing something else for awhile.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If you would like to discuss the "Crash the EA House" event, please use this existing thread for that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Beg pardon there, Milton - but the original post *specifically* mentions the above.
<blockquote><hr>

Just a thought...I went to TC 3 this weekend and it was like a ghost town now that everyone is "girding their loins" for the merge in EA Land. I do wonder at the fate of TC3? Also I was interested to note that the "Phone Box Packing experiment" did not happen in TC3 first and see how it would work. Do you think that there are going to be more test runs in EA Land than in TC3? I must admit, I love playing in TC3, but have hardly been back in 9 days or so of EA Land opening....... What is everyone elses thoughts? Do you think TC3 will get back to normal after the merge or end up being a Ghost Town...?

[/ QUOTE ]
So if the post I quoted was on-topic, so was my response to that post.

G

As a resident of Test Center since beta, I can testify that it is always feast or famine for population, depending on what is being tested.

The fact that there will never be a cash out of simoleons available or the ability to leave, in TC3, will tend to limit regular playing there, I would think....more so than even TC was.

If they find they can not get enough testers, they may have to rethink how they use and populate their testing city.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Populating TC3 for testing is easy. Just shut down the EA-Land Server.

G

that bolded area was one little line in the post.....I think the point was not to let this thread get derailed into a discussion that already exists in another post

As for me, I am actually glad that TC3's population is going down. I don't want to see the same thing that happened with TC1 happen again....people making a TEST CENTER their home city, when wipes at any time are possible, and then endless droning on when those wipes do happen. I hope that one of the reasons the population has dropped is that people realize that, even though TC1 was never actually wiped, making it a home city IS in fact a mistake.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As a resident of Test Center since beta, I can testify that it is always feast or famine for population, depending on what is being tested.

The fact that there will never be a cash out of simoleons available or the ability to leave, in TC3, will tend to limit regular playing there, I would think....more so than even TC was.

If they find they can not get enough testers, they may have to rethink how they use and populate their testing city.

[/ QUOTE ]
x

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

that bolded area was one little line in the post.....I think the point was not to let this thread get derailed into a discussion that already exists in another post

As for me, I am actually glad that TC3's population is going down. I don't want to see the same thing that happened with TC1 happen again....people making a TEST CENTER their home city, when wipes at any time are possible, and then endless droning on when those wipes do happen. I hope that one of the reasons the population has dropped is that people realize that, even though TC1 was never actually wiped, making it a home city IS in fact a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Test Center was, for the past five years, and will remain, my home city. I tried other cities, but was never able to put down roots. I moved my favorite sim and best possessions to TC3. Home sweet home.

As other posters have said above, the population in test cities always waxes and wanes. Right now it is because many players have "new city-itis." It will pass.

Each to their own, Carrie, each to their own.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Each to their own, Carrie, each to their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

That only goes so far, and does not apply when we have been warned time and time again NOT to do something. If I wasn't 100% sure that people would come here and cry buckets if/when TC3 gets wiped because they chose to make it their home city, then yeah, to each their own. That's not the case though, so it is something that affects us all, just like other things where people have said 'to each their own' like allowing people to bot and be left alone by other players and/or EA. When the devs of a game tell people not to do something, they expect the players to listen or suffer the consequences. As long as what you're doing falls out of that spectrum, then yeah, to each his own.

G

I'm surprised that the update today is going to both EA-Land and TC3. I thought that things would be tested in TC3 first before being released into EA-Land.

I guess if this is to be the norm, then yes TC3 really will be a ghost town !

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm surprised that the update today is going to both EA-Land and TC3. I thought that things would be tested in TC3 first before being released into EA-Land.

I guess if this is to be the norm, then yes TC3 really will be a ghost town !

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine that this is because EA Land itself is still in beta. I don't remember whether new updates went to TC before the production cities or not since I didn't have a TC sim at that time. Did they? If they didn't then I bet when EA Land goes 'live' (out of beta) then TC3 will start testing things prior to them being patched to EA Land.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

TC3 is receiving updates that are not coming to EALand yet. There is plenty of testing still to be done in TC3.

G

Maybe it is the difference between tweaking back end mechanics and a whole new code in a patch?

M

MonaLittlemore

I was wondering why Milton said that too..Considering the post...It upsets people when you go against the grain ...Or if you have a opinion thats not theirs, And being a moderator..Why not read the first post LMAO ....Andywho...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was wondering why Milton said that too..Considering the post...It upsets people when you go against the grain ...Or if you have a opinion thats not theirs, And being a moderator..Why not read the first post LMAO ....Andywho...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its common practise to only allow one thread per topic at a time, otherwise everyone gets confused and starts duplicating things in two threads.

Milton was pointing out that there is already a quite lively discussion on crashing the EA Town Hall in another post and posters were already questioning why it wasn't done in TC3 in the other post. He was doing so to try and prevent the same discussion being repeated in two separate threads - the alternative would be to lock one, which would be a shame, as the original post here was more about TC3 becoming a ghost town and less about the EA town hall experiment.

It has absolutely nothing to do with someone having a different opinion ....

Hope that helps clear things up

Polly

T

The Dark Sim

Isnt tc3 going to be the place for the freebies to play. In doing that it may make constant population in tc3. When other games opened up free accounts it ussualy attracks alot of attention. Just a thought

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The Merge won't be completed until around this time next year.. Plus all of the production cities were "ghost towns" when TC3 opened. Some will eventually make it back to TC3.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's the "tweaking back end mechanics" Gilly was talking about. That would interfere with my concentration , too!

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The Merge won't be completed until around this time next year.. Plus all of the production cities were "ghost towns" when TC3 opened. Some will eventually make it back to TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Merge is starting in the next couple of weeks.... and I am sure will be completed way before next year.

I disagree, I was in AV since May last year and it certainly wasnt a "ghost town" there were a lot of people still playing there, but where my post started was with all of us playing in EA Land, our focus is there as this is now the "main" city, where it happens.....but perhaps when all the dust settles....there will be heaps more testing in TC3 and more playing there. *crosses fingers and toes*

G

<blockquote><hr>

*crosses fingers and toes*

[/ QUOTE ] just don't cross your eyes...they'll stay that way

M

mike1977

I'm sure it will get active whenever the EA Land server has issues and is down. It'll probably be most people's backup city though, instead of playing in both regularly.