• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taylor's Live Stream of GW2

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who in the world was you playing GW2 with in that Twitch livestream? Btw you can use fire on fire mobs :p

I am about to jump in to do some WvW.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Raises hand*

Many thanks to Pinnique and Taylor for patiently helping me with quests! :loser:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured it out after I asked on here, as you already know, when I sent you some text messages :p

I almost spit out my drink when you made the comment " I don't think I have used my weapon yet" lol

I could hear Taylor and you fine but Pinnique I could barely hear.

If you are looking for good XP and loot always do the world bosses in regions they are in. Queensdale has a good run of champion eventd set up and people always announce what boss is up and where. Good way to level up and get some gold pretty quick. You also have a chance at a champion weapon as loot. Link here for you

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/gw2-champion-weapon-skins/

You can always use http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/ when you are looking at new patches and updates. Great way of figuring out the new content they add every 2 weeks and see all the free goodies you can get.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am typing this here so I wont forget. Remind me to give you some awesome twitter names all about gaming. Good way to promote some of your "stuff" on w/e direction Stratics is trying to head towards. I have tons of sites. I know some are all just for the ladies but what games needs some love from our lovely gamer ladies out there :)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The forums will go live with Taylor's Twitch stream when we hop into GW2. Right now we're at level 8 - 12 Charr characters. Pro Tips welcome!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok go to Queensdale and explore the region.

While you are there do any dynamic event that comes up.

You will see people in chat say Troll, Oak, Spider, Boar and Wasp. These are mini champions but require groups to kill them. I mean like a large group so you will see many players going to these areas inside of Queensdale.

Sell all blue and green loot you don't need to the merchants in cities or villages.. Use the salvage kits on any white loot and send crafting material to bank.

Crafting can make you level faster and be able to make things you need.

Dodge in the game. Don't just stand there in one place. You will take to much damage.

Enjoy the game though. Take time and look at the beauty of the game. Doing this you may find hidden jumping puzzles and such and chests hidden in the game.

Halloween will be coming up soon. last year was super duper fun. So I expect this year will be fun and different.

Last year Halloween promo.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get excited Taylor and Airmid :) Halloween is upon us!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-15-2013/

October 15, 2013

A grim specter lurks in the shadows of the Mad King’s past.
The Bloody Prince is coming to Tyria!
Events

• THE BLOODY PRINCE EMERGES

Halloween is drawing near, and Magister Tassi’s instruments are picking up some unusual energy readings. The Mad King isn’t the only one breaking through the barrier between realms—prepare to face the son of Oswald Thorn, Bloody Prince Edrick!
  • MAD REALM DOORS

Haunted doors are appearing all over Kryta, where brave travelers can dare to
    trick-or-treat!
  • MAD KING’S LABYRINTH

The Bloody Prince has taken over part of the Mad King’s Labyrinth! He’s controlling the undead armies in the Mad King’s Realm, while his father retains command of the plastic spiders, candy corn elementals, and other festive frights. The Skeletal Lich, Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn, and the Labyrinthine Horror await interlopers.
  • MAD KING’S CLOCKTOWER

Race against the rising madness in the Mad King’s Clocktower, Tyria’s most maddening jumping puzzle! Can you make it to the top in time?
  • LUNATIC INQUISITION

Join in player vs. player madness and mayhem with the Lunatic Inquisition, where you’ll play as either a Villager, desperate to survive, or a maniacal Lunatic Courtier. Discover survival tools and hidden secrets within the Labyrinth, and try to survive the night!
  • DEVELOPER LIVESTREAM – OCTOBER 14

Take a spooky sneak peek at the Blood and Madness release with ArenaNet devs during the preview livestream on our Twitch channel on Monday, October 14 at 12PM PDT.
Features

• Combat Quality of Life Fixes

With new ground targeting options, improvements to targeting, and a new, optional way to display condition damage numbers, we’re bringing in some great improvements to the way our combat works!
  • Trait and Skill Tooltips

We have improved the tooltip system for traits and skills. Traits now display numbers, and skill tooltips will show how skills are affected by equipped traits.

• Balance Updates

We’ve made a balance pass on existing skills and traits with a focus on improving support builds in all parts of the game for all professions.
  • Introducing the First World vs. World Season

Starting on October 18 and running through December 5, we’ll be hosting the first WvW season! We’ll be splitting up worlds into leagues, and each world within a league will compete against every other world over the course of the season. Not only will you be rewarded for your team’s season-long performance, but you’ll also be rewarded each week that you participate!

Rewards

• Sweet Rewards

Get yourself some sweet rewards by participating in Blood and Madness content! Complete the Blood and Madness meta achievement to receive a Mini Candy Corn Elemental , and follow the storyline for a Candy Corn node for your home instance!

• Candy Cornucopia

You can trade Candy Corn for new Halloween items like a Mini Bloody Prince, a 20-slot Halloween Pail, and special crafting items needed for Halloween weapons!
  • Mask of the Night

Participate in rounds of Mad King Says to prove your ability to obey the maniacal monarch’s whimsies and earn yourself a
    Mask of the Night!

Screenshots

Wallpaper

Last edited:

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome updates, Z!! Thanks so much, I'm looking forward to hopping back in soon! :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is some items you can already purchase from the gem store before the Halloween patch on the 15th :)

Jack-in-the-Box Scythe – 800 gems
  • Account bound but becomes soulbound on use.

What does the Dragon firework remind you of below in the video?

Hallows Fortune Fireworks – 200 gems each or 5 for 800 gems

• Four different colored fireworks with 10 charges each and a Hallows Finale firework with only one charge.

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should add the Lunatic Inquisition event is so addicting and a blast. Either you get chosen as a villager or the ghost that hunts everybody down. You are in a maze and have hiding places and able to gather items to survive from the ghosts. You become a ghost after you are killed by another and join in the hunt for the survivors. Its just like sPvP not WvW. I won many as a villager and as a ghost :)

Last years video. Just a quick version