• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tax Refund

G

I've been thinking back on the early days. I remember the first year we got a tax refund in game. I'm trying to remember to details, I think the amount had something to do with paid time on the acct? So anyway I got to thinking in these turbulent times, wouldnt a little simolean tax refund boost morale? I wouldnt want it to be much, maybe another 500 or so or maybe based on acct paid age. Nothing that would disrupt the economy for sure.

Anyone else remember this? How does it sound in this new world?

F

festrmentmagnet

I guess since we aren't getting weekly bonuses, a refund of any kind probably won't be happening, but would be appreciated>

I

imported_Danny Dots

Yeah I do remember it too but likewise i do not remember the details of it. I think it it would be a great idea :)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I beleive it was just a flat rate tax refund given out to everyone equally. Not really based upon anything. I do know it was delivered on April 15th
. I remember using it to pay for therapy sessions to get over my fear of monkeys.

S

SethGalloway

A tax refund of some sort would be very nice. Although I don't play, it would stimulate the economy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A tax refund of some sort would be very nice. Although I don't play, it would stimulate the economy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I remember - It was a pitifully small amount that barely covered the cost of the stamp on the envelope (so to speak).

Just like RL.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Just curious if we will get back pay for our weekly bonuses :/

I

imported_SimTripps

Leave it to Niki to come up with a cool idea!
Since there's been such a freak over the proprieties of a Social Market Economy in the game, a tax refund would be fair, logical and in keeping with this philosophy.... so I say YEAH! lol...

Although to receive a tax refund, people normally have to have an income and PAY taxes on those earnings, which we don't do. Well it doesn't matter - I'm a self-employed sim and would write off everything anyway, right down to the last call to the repairman rofl...

D

dinaj

ohhhh please make an IRS office that we sims have to visit and fill out the appropriate papers, complete with comical inteactions ...

N

NightFlyer

I remember it as varied between $1000, $1500 and $2000 randomly distributed amoung your sims.

I would take any of those amounts in EA Land now and not call it a pittance.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yep. People that didn't login on the 15th were pissed off.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I beleive it was just a flat rate tax refund given out to everyone equally. Not really based upon anything. I do know it was delivered on April 15th
. I remember using it to pay for therapy sessions to get over my fear of monkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo...are you saying you ARE over that fear, or were trying to get over it.

No reason for asking *cough* nope, none at all.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo...are you saying you ARE over that fear, or were trying to get over it.

No reason for asking *cough* nope, none at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I absolutely adore monkeys now. However, I could use a tax refund for new therapy to get over my fear of snowmen