• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tattoos

L

Little Sadie

Weird question but does anyone here have a tattoo? I made an appointment last night to get my first one next week. I have been wanting one for a long while now. After going there I have decided on an ankle band but the artist is going to design it to my liking as none I have seen are exactly how I want it. So my question is, does is really hurt? LOL! Everything I've read says ankle tattoos are the worse but just wondering how true that is. I can't imagine it being that bad. Also how long does it take to really heal. I'm going to Colorado to ski mid January and I wonder if my ski boots will be bad for it. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh nice! Me personally, no, my parents have though. Well my Dad has reached "Freak status" with his. He started running out of space and added them to his face and everywhere else he can find room. They say once you start, you get addicted to the ink. My mom has a few, but they are controlled since she still has to sit across a desk from people. The question people always ask my dad is, "Did that hurt"? My mom has on her ankle and she said it's a little tender on the boney part, but wasn't really that bad. After it's done they describe it feeling like a bad sunburn for a few days. If you've got two weeks though, it should be mostly healed and I wouldn't think you'd have a problem. If you are tough woman, you can handle it! Let us know how you make out, and let us see it once it's healed!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have five. Two of them were home jobs and don't really count as to advice lol. I have one on each ankle (Jay & Silent Bob). Yeah when he hit the bone it hurt. One I have on the small of my back. Again when it hit the spine it hurt a little but nothing I couldn't handle. I'm rather tough tho, if I do say so myself. ;)

After, it wasn't even as bad as a bad sunburn. You feel it if you bump or rub it, but it's not really "pain".