• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Targetting macro

S

Seren Devonf

Hi,

I am new to bard, and wondering what people use for targetting faster? I made a macro for use skill and last target but its not working well. What does everyone elses macro look like? Or if you manually target how do you bring up the target box so fast, cause I am slow as hell getting them up.

Seren

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. use skill
2. wait for target
3. last target

If you use 'wait for target' between those commands, it might help.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
are you talking for playing or for training?

cause for playing if im in the middle of a hot mess i just use the 'ctr' + 'shift' to pull up all the critters handles then i just pull the one i want.

as for training.... well i just pull the critters handle (bar)

for the most part i just target on the run.
toggle skill, aim, hit the mob as it runs by.

i dont see why that would be hard, but then ive been doing it for 12 + years.

have you tryed using the 'select nearest hostile' or select nearest mobile' macros that UO has?

i use those on my warriors and they are good.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Nearest hostile' has become my friend.

My mouse is a bit erratic and shaky. It's hartd to be precise with it when trying to target the small stuff.

In the enhanced client I have a button for nearest hostile and next hostile with my skills (and spells) set to target current.

So I just run by something, hit my nearest hostile button then hit my discord or provoke etc.. button.

If I don't have anything targeted I get the normal cursor when I use a skill.

Every once in a great while I'll forget about the 'target current' and things get interesting.

I am a Bard/Tamer and I have a macro set up for hunting that tells my pets to attack the current target.

Once while hunting with my hiryu I was ambushed by an efreet while I was looking over my paperdoll. I forgot to hit the 'nearest hostile' button first.
I hit my attack macro oblivious to the fact that I was now the current target (from the paperdoll).

OUCH!!!
All I can say is I did a good job training my hiryu.
If I hadn't been quick with the "All Stop" I would have been monochromed after the second bite :)