• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Target Self in EC?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see a CursorTargetSelf but not a TargetSelf... the cursor doesn't seem to work for me.

Any help?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do! But for example greater heal spell if you drag it into a hot bar then right click on it it gives you the option to target self! most actions have this option!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, let me explain better...

In the 2D client we have the option to set up a macro to cast a spell, wait for cursor, and then target self and bind it to a set of keys (with the control, shift, alt options).

How do you get the same result in the 3D/EC client? I am a new EC user.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
first in the main menu under legacy uncheck legacy targeting
second drag spell from spell book to hot bar (in this example greater heal)
next right click on the spell icon in hot bar then select target then select self
next right click on icon again and select assign hot key then hold down the key you want like ctrl and press the other key you want like h and you are done

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
now if you want to use legacy targeting (Dont know why you would its kind of defeating the purpose)let me know And I will see what I can figure out (I dont use legacy so may take a minute to figure! if it can be done)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
give us a screen shot of your macro. cursor target self is the same thing as target self. you also have the option for wait for target. So i cant see how this isnt working for you. other than people have complained about magery and the EC since day one.