• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Target by Resource for Fishing

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, what I wanna do is fish, while sailing. I'm using the EC client, and I got last object for my fishing pole. Now if I'm still I can use LastTarget (Or cursor target last, which is too much of a mouthful to say) but if Im sailing that doesn't work because I can't reach that water tile anymore.
Now I had hoped that Target by Resource would work, but it won't accept a fishing pole? Whats up with that? I just wanna hit 2 buttons and sail along!

On a side note I do use the classic targetting in the EC, I can't handle all the jumping reticles, I dunno if that makesa difference....

Can anyone ease my burden?:violin:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
currently their is no way around this you just have to click the water as you sail!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:bdh:
Set key for use pole, set it target cursor.
Hit your key, click mouse button. Repeat.

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BAH! Well, thanks for the quick response, at least I know now that I'm not just being dense. I guess that makes it harder to UM fishing... no wonder fishers are such a cranky bunch

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess that makes it harder to UM fishing...
guess again....

That said, I have two keys, one for just "lastobject" and one for "lastobject + lasttarget", If i'm moving i just hold the mouse off the side of the boat, hold the first one and click whenever i get a cursor, not ideal and spams your journal but it works. (If theres ONE feature in UO I really really want...it's the ability to filter my journal yo not see certain messages)

If I'm sitting still, i just hold down my keys for the second macro and fish out the spot.

I wish fishing poles had more uses though....I'm sick of having to carry a crate of 50 of them around all the time...

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like you are destroying your poles too fast because of you holding the buttons down. Fishing poles have 120+ uses which last about 15+- minutes, so 4 poles per hour. Your trips must be really long when you carry 50 poles. ;)

After about 16 poles my ship hold is full anyways so i have to return home.

I just love my 200 liner UO-A macro, casting clockwise around my boat. With sailing "slow forward" you never run out of fish. As long as it is such a pain to fish i will never switch to the EC.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fishing is one of the very few things that actually work better with classic and uoa.

Fishing poles should definitely be added to target by resource

Z

zarobhr

guess again....

That said, I have two keys, one for just "lastobject" and one for "lastobject + lasttarget", If i'm moving i just hold the mouse off the side of the boat, hold the first one and click whenever i get a cursor, not ideal and spams your journal but it works. (If theres ONE feature in UO I really really want...it's the ability to filter my journal yo not see certain messages)

If I'm sitting still, i just hold down my keys for the second macro and fish out the spot.

I wish fishing poles had more uses though....I'm sick of having to carry a crate of 50 of them around all the time...
i didnt know fishing poles have uses, i have been usesing the same pole for years, are there different\better poles to use?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i didnt know fishing poles have uses, i have been usesing the same pole for years, are there different\better poles to use?
Only the Lava fishing poles have uses! you need the High Seas expansion to get and use them !

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is on Siege Perilous. Fishing poles have about 120 uses each which makes it slightly a pain to always have enough (heavy) poles on you while fishing for a couple hours.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ah did not know that about siege ...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything wears out on Siege, fishing rods, hatchets, and if you're foolish enough to use your best sword for skinning carcasses you can wear that out and lose it too.