• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Target/Attack nearest...

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, this has been around forever as far as I know. How do 'you' work around it? And should we have to?

In the classic client it's obvious that for a warrior the only 2 choices are:

Target/Attack Nearest Hostile - This does nothing unless the target is 'hostile' against you. and leaves you without a target and oddly tends to get you killed quickly.

Target/Attack Nearest Mobile - Works better than the above but... Targets non hostile entities. Suffice to say... If a player is near it will target them and in the worst case... If you get dismounted at the point you use said macro, you attack your own mount!!! and in most cases it dies in 1-2 hits if you are not sharp enough to stop attacking.

AND if you do stop attacking to save your mount, you get nuked by all the surrounding mobs!!

How do you deal with this issue? Using the Enhanced client is not an acceptable answer!!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always liked the nearest hostile macro when doing spawns in CC, never had trouble with it either and wish EC had the same option so I won't attack guildmates or their summons/pets all the time.
nearest hostile worked especially great in combination with a close/open paperdoll macro (makes the entire screen attack you)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I always liked the nearest hostile macro when doing spawns in CC, never had trouble with it either and wish EC had the same option so I won't attack guildmates or their summons/pets all the time.
nearest hostile worked especially great in combination with a close/open paperdoll macro (makes the entire screen attack you)
In all honesty, Target Mobile never caused an issue until the new champ spawn was activated where there are now a large number of players and pets running around and it seems to target them more than the mobs! :(

Anyhoo, I was aware of the Open/Close PD trick but never used it. I just tried it now and it does nothing, what exactly is the macro you use? Clearly a detail I am missing.

I guess when all the commotion over Halloween dies down I can go back to normal. :rolleyes2:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Opening your paperdoll while moving causes you to rubber band, like when you try to go into a house you don't have access to. Rubber banding, as with Teleporting, will make everything flag on you. That way everything is a hostile (unless it's already engaged with someone else). I use either that in combination with Attack Nearest/Toggling WW or Momentum Strike. Or if you're not guilded I disable the new system and use Target Next/Attack Last it will still cycle blues/reds in Tram but in less crowded places it's handy, or especially if using a ranged character (again with Momentum/Hit Area)

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Opening your paperdoll while moving causes you to rubber band, like when you try to go into a house you don't have access to. Rubber banding, as with Teleporting, will make everything flag on you. That way everything is a hostile (unless it's already engaged with someone else). I use either that in combination with Attack Nearest/Toggling WW or Momentum Strike. Or if you're not guilded I disable the new system and use Target Next/Attack Last it will still cycle blues/reds in Tram but in less crowded places it's handy, or especially if using a ranged character (again with Momentum/Hit Area)
Cheers, moving was the detail I was missing. Certainly helps in Khaldun where theres 101 sampires running around and most likely doing the same! :D

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
101 Samps….gods yes..

But do none of them realise than by charging in on another Samp's spawn, the might be removing THEIR target, making it harder for them to live through the rest of the attacks...some seriously bad manners at work here or some seriously passive/aggressive feck the other player stuff...;p

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
101 Samps….gods yes..

But do none of them realise than by charging in on another Samp's spawn, the might be removing THEIR target, making it harder for them to live through the rest of the attacks...some seriously bad manners at work here or some seriously passive/aggressive feck the other player stuff...;p
It doesn't make things re-target. That only occurs on Parragons, and if the creature has any kind of Hit Area/Aura/Necro/Spellweaving/Mysticism.