• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tanky pet for Blood Dungeon

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am running an Archer/Tamer and am in need of a solid tanking pet for Blood Dungeon. Triton or Cu is a possibility but looking for something different instead of the cookie cutter pets. I want to try something new.

Archer is:
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Archery
120 Tactics
100 Chiv
90 Vet
50 Bushido

I am also thinking about a pet for Sorcerer's Dungeon as well.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am running an Archer/Tamer and am in need of a solid tanking pet for Blood Dungeon. Triton or Cu is a possibility but looking for something different instead of the cookie cutter pets. I want to try something new.

Archer is:
120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Archery
120 Tactics
100 Chiv
90 Vet
50 Bushido

I am also thinking about a pet for Sorcerer's Dungeon as well.
Now I'm very much a noob but i mostly just use my same pet for everything...
I mean I do have a mare for pirating and use a dragon on the roof but otherwise it's me and my disco cu..

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would suggest a rune corruption armour peice beetle to boost your damage.

Or, you coukd go with a really expensive build.(training point wise)

Unicorn, disco, AP, feint. (Cant be poisoned, and takes half damage while feint is up)

I would 110 wrestle, 120 disco, and max hp

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Tank Triton I use with my Archer.

Need a Triton with 125ish Wrestling and 200+ Strength to get all the features.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Need a Triton with 125ish Wrestling and 200+ Strength to get all the features.
I know, I have a couple but just bored with the same pets. I am trying to try lesser used things and different type builds.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
A lesser used pet that would be a decent tank there imo is the Naja. With both dungeons having magic casters that high Resist Spells will come in handy as will their being immune to poison.

Throw on Goo and FWW... might be good to go.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a Naja with Poison Breath and Frenzied Whirlwind. It is great for crowd control and anything that poison's your pet. If you decided on one, make sure it is a 2 slot. They come in 2 and 3 slot and you will loose a round of training with a 3 slot. I have a pet stall and sell them on Chesapeake, and will give you one if you would like. Another nice option is a Fire Beetle, they can be trained and they are ridable. You can also smelt ore with them.;)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
If you are running Consume in wraith form any pet will be tanky.
Try Triton with real ninjitsu and FWW+goo it greatly distracts crowd. And hides. But you need to be tanky too. May be switch Vet for necromancy. I did it with thrower. With double slayers you will be ok. Pet will be on its own increasing your damage. No need to us All Kill : one time All Guard me will be enough.