• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) TANG & DEADBOB'S 20TH ONLINE WEDDING CELEBRATION

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shhh... Don't tell Tang! We hope to surprise her.

ANNOUNCEMENT
Atlantic Shard
7 PM EST Thursday, October 1st, 2015
at the Hall Of Players
located in Malas, out the Luna South Gate at 41Nx24W, across from the Red Camp.
You are cordially invited to attend and help Tang & DeadBob celebrate 20 years together.

* * Star rockets in flight * *
* * Door Prizes * *
* * Special Guest Star! * *

Tang & DeadBob met online before Internet games, playing Sierra's INN (ImagiNation Network) over long distance phone lines. Playing a game on the computer with a real person from somewhere else was a new and exciting experience. Their passion for the game and for each other quickly caused phone bills to escalate past $500 a month, thus breaking DeadBob's will and so he proposed to Tang.

The online wedding ceremony on October 1st, 1995, was attended by the maximum of 100 players on a server that was about as stable as a pine tree rooted in lava flows. Guests constantly crashed and then waited in the queue for another player to crash before they could log back in. Given the graphics of the day, the chapel where the wedding took place, the music, the lighting and the ceremony were mostly text written by the players present. In our imaginations, everything was as vivid as a well written love fantasy.

Please don't tell Tang about this or mention it on the Chat Channel. She has played UO practically every day since 2003, making books for the Book Store on Atlantic, stocking her vendors and helping other players with the game. She deserves a surprise celebration.

DeadBob's Personal Comment:
Before Tang would meet me in real life, she had me go to lunch with three other players so she could pump them for information. When I asked for a photo of her before we met, she refused, saying, "You won't be disappointed." I wasn't.
To this day, when asked how well we still get along, Tang will occasionally comment, "Our love proves that the gods have a sense of humor."

Note: Tang doesn't read these posts, so if she doesn't hear it from another player, or see it on the ingame chat, she probably will be surprised. That would be nice. So, shh... please don't tell her.
Thank you! I look forward to seeing you there.
- db