• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming suit, what do you wear?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I currently have a luck suit that is 1735 luck, 100% LRC, 38/40 LMC, 20 SDI, 2/4 FC, 1/6 FCR which I think I must have made at least 6 years ago if not longer. I can get back into it when a mob is about to die for the luck so I want to try a more viable/survivable suit. I am thinking maybe something high mana regen and intel so I can utilize the masteries better?

My template is:
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
120 peace or disco (I keep one on a stone)
100 magery
20 med

all skills are real.

What are y'all wearing and why did you choose to go that route? I would love to know people's reasoning on why they wear what they wear.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
lmc 18%, MR about 28, 135% lrc :p 70/75 resists, 2/5 fc/fcr, and 91 sdi, switch over to luck suit
1425, but it still needs work.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
lmc 18%, MR about 28, 135% lrc :p 70/75 resists, 2/5 fc/fcr, and 91 sdi, switch over to luck suit
1425, but it still needs work.
What is you luck 1425 luck suit made out of? Been trying to squeeze brain and find the time to make one like that. Do you like the Nuovo Blue set for rings also? Also you switch just before the mob your pet kills is dead? Appreciate info, greatly.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My suit is all imbued pieces ranging from 120-140 luck with lrc/lmc. I use the Novo Bleue bracelet but the Compassion Eye Ring. It ends up being the same luck as the ring/bracelet bonus but the extra stats are better. I also use the Soles of Providence, Swords of Prosperity, Robe of the Eclipse, Jester Hat of Chuckles, and Lucky Charm talisman. Currently that is my only suit but I have been looking at tamers that I have seen and none are wearing a luck suit so I figured maybe I would be better off making a suit to wear and then swap to the luck suit right before something dies.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use robe of equinox, lucky charm, and the novo set. Otherwise its peices i enhanced to get to work.

Yes right before the pet kills i will switch over. The luck suit has 49sdi(from book) and56 lrc, so i try to stay out of it as long as possible.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use a 2470 (100 lrc 40 lmc 18MR 2/6 casting ) luck suit for most content. For Champs I use a high sdi suit with MR packed on. I like these because the luck suit can hold up well to high end content, and I don't need to switch suits before it dies.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I currently have a luck suit that is 1735 luck, 100% LRC, 38/40 LMC, 20 SDI, 2/4 FC, 1/6 FCR which I think I must have made at least 6 years ago if not longer. I can get back into it when a mob is about to die for the luck so I want to try a more viable/survivable suit. I am thinking maybe something high mana regen and intel so I can utilize the masteries better?

My template is:
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
100 magery
20 med

all skills are real.

What are y'all wearing and why did you choose to go that route? I would love to know people's reasoning on why they wear what they wear.
I run a similar template...I have 120 peace and 90 disco... Have a macro to equip jewels to get 120 disco... No med and 80 Magery ... Peace masteries nice for pets and area peace to get agro off me fast

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I use a 2470 (100 lrc 40 lmc 18MR 2/6 casting ) luck suit for most content. For Champs I use a high sdi suit with MR packed on. I like these because the luck suit can hold up well to high end content, and I don't need to switch suits before it dies.
WOW! Nice! 2,470! That is awesome. Can you list the pieces? Are they most 190's luck? (Did you have to use the Tool of artifacts etc? or all 150's from reforge..).
Ty for info in advance.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I use robe of equinox, lucky charm, and the novo set. Otherwise its peices i enhanced to get to work.

Yes right before the pet kills i will switch over. The luck suit has 49sdi(from book) and56 lrc, so i try to stay out of it as long as possible.
Nice idea. I think you can switch-macro in CC as well more recently.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My T-Hunter Tamer wears a luck suit (some pieces legendary, some imbued. All with 190 luck, or better (luck mempo). I also have a Tamer/SW who is all about SDI. It's tough, but possible, to wear all the "SDI clothing" and still fit in all your resists and MR in. Just make sure to overcap the Phy resist if you run protection. But I can cast Greater Heals, throw some Flame Strikes, and have some mana left for some MASSIVE WoD's at the end.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I run with the 140 luck that comes on the MR epaulettes.

High SDI, MR, Int, Mana, and even casting focus are things I go for.
HPI, HPR, Str, SR, Eaters all that is even more bonus.

And skill points! Can't forget that :)

I prefer to fight along side my pet. To hard for me to survive without high offense
and defense for myself and my pet.

We need more SDI gear!!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Xris

Could you please kindly give a break down of the various pieces, if possible ?

Thanks !

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

My template is:
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
100 magery
20 med

all skills are real.

Here is what I roll. Yes the resists are a bit lower than max but I'm trading it off for the mana increase and luck.
tamer suit.jpg

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Something like 1300 luck (with one talisman) 69/70/70/70/73, 110 LRC, 36-40 LMC (40 for the non-luck talisman), about 20 MR. Uses a brittle legendary shield (that's dropped very little durability over 2-3 years).

Bard (Provo/Disco) Tamer, has +15 Lore, +15 Vet, +15 Disco, +30 Magery on jewelry (and +10 music on Song Woven Mantle), so that I'm 6x120 + 100 Magery with my spellbook (+15 ToT book). Chest is AoF, gorget is luerocian's mempo. Headgear is a reforged and imbued circlet, because most hats suck. 140 luck robe. Tangle. my earrings are in one of the resists. Minax sandals. Melissa's cloak to get to 70 fire; most the rest is loot or crafted.

No SDI (don't need it nor slayer books with no eval); Any DCI is incidental. The only reason my shield takes damage is that one of the rings (a legendary prized drop) has +15 Wrestling that I'd rather have as something else, or just be able to remove. As a 16 year account I carry a luck statue for the 1000 luck boost, used near end of a fight.