• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

taming questions ( skill gain )

• Thread starter imported_captainobvious
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_captainobvious

im currently at 80. ive got lore stoned at 103 or so.
ive heard a rumor that taming may gain faster with no lore at all.

true or false?

im still thinking theres not much i can do but tame bulls for the time being, but if theres anything i can do to speed things up, please let me know.

thanks much.

G

Having no lore might possibly speed up GGS, but other than that, I think it's just a rumor.

And instead of taming bulls, tame great harts. There's plenty at Healer's Grove near Sacrifice in Ilshenar. Bulls are for 90+. Great harts are sweet in the 80s.

I

imported_captainobvious

thanks, thats helpful. i havent worked the skill since third dawn..... and back then 80 was good for all kinds of things, and i think i remembered leaving off at bulls then. all these changes since ive come back...... lol. i also heard something about the ridgebacks being good above 90's??

come to think of it..... i still have a dragon stabled from back then. thats an old bugger there.....wierd stats. i cant wait till i can bond it. i dont want to lose that one. may eventually be worth something someday.

I

imported_captainobvious

i think thats exactly what it is.... really wierd. but since none will ever spawn again, i cant bare to just let it die. just seems to rare to chuck away. on the upside..... if i remember right..... this sucker has 100% cold as a base. lol. ill have to look again. i guess ill pull my lore back off the stone if theres no need to keep it there..... i may as well be gaining with it. such a long road ahead of me......*sigh*

J

joblackjon

Lore doesn't play any role in taming. Control yes, taming no. If you stone Lore, that will decrease your GGS timer though.

At some point most people just give up training taming and take GGS only.

I found that taming different stuff "seems" to give me more gains. Do bulls, harts and use jewelry to tame gaman in the Kitsuni Woods.

G

Not having lore won't speed up your gains in itself, it's just that the less total skill points you use, the faster GGS will work.

So a char with 600 skill points used will gain slower than one with just 300.

To speed up gains, the best idea would be to soulstone off as many skills as you can and then train up the hardest skills. I do that with all types of char and there's a noticeable difference in the gain speed.

You would probably find it handy not to raise lore while training taming to help keep skill points down, then set it to gain while training vet.

Essentially, it just comes down to how you want to play. Some folks want a char that they can hunt with during training, others will power train specific skills in isolation

Wenchy

P

Prudentis

You might also consider doing, what I am.
I too, recently returned after a long absence.
My taming was at 95 or 96 so it's not the same as yours but 80 - 90 is not that difficult. It's still at a low 96.9.
So what I do is, put on jewelry to tame the tougher beasts. It's really easy to find a bracelet and ring for a combined 20+ to taming. Combine that with a 110 or 115 powerscroll, which you could even get for free as I did (only the 120 seem to be worth anything now)
I heve dovouerd (
) a 115 scroll and with my jewelry I can tame every monster you see ingame. Even the superdrags are pretty OK (besides the frequent deathrobes, but that's another thing)
So if you prefer taming while actually playing rather than powering through the skill, you can try this approach.
Sometimes I will go and tame some bulls or kirins just for gains, but it gets boring pretty fast, so I mostly just play