• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming Question: Is this legal?

G

gandolfofaol

I'm currently working on my 2nd and 3rd legendary tamers. I know glutton for punishment. My question is it legal to pre-tame animals of the appropriate level with my other tamer and then trap those animals in a room so they don't wander off before my other 2 tamers have a chance to tame them. I get great gains this way.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm currently working on my 2nd and 3rd legendary tamers. I know glutton for punishment. My question is it legal to pre-tame animals of the appropriate level with my other tamer and then trap those animals in a room so they don't wander off before my other 2 tamers have a chance to tame them. I get great gains this way.
That part needs further definition.

To the extent of does this trapping prevent any aggressive MoB from being able to be aggressive vs the tamer.

If so, then yes that is illegal.

When My stables are full (kind of the same scenario as yours if you think about it), I will release my NEW Pet in a safe (for me) spot. I do have stables in one of my house. Go to the stable and get the pet I am going to NOT stable, put the OLD pet in a safe (for me) spot. Go retame the NEW pet and stable it. I MAY choose to leave the Old Pet were it is OR I may go release it at one of the Fel Gates.

If it is a pet that can perform range attacks, then the test of Have I prevented it from being aggressive is NOT passed as it can clearly attack me. I have in fact died from a Greater Dragon in a Stable, in the House.

If the pet can NOT perform range attacks, then yes your violating the rule and it is illegal, should anyone ever see you and choose to report you.

In almost any case for me it is simply NOT relevant. I am a Peace Tamer. I just peace the MoB and retame it. So a Frenzied Ostard for example, I peace it, it gets tamed. That Frenzied does not need to be pen'd up. A Greater Dragon, it can and does cast spells on me and perform the Breath Attack. In short it is attacking me and doing damage, it can be pen'd up. I peace it (it is hardly a 160 to barding difficulty once tamed). Once peaced it is hardly an issue of the Rule as It and I are simply encountering each other according to our skills.

G

gandolfofaol

I guess I should have been more clear. My lowest tamer is at 96ish and my other new tamer is 103ish. So the lowest tamer gets decent gains from fresh bulls. Once tamed White wolves provide the same level of difficulty as bulls. So I take my 120 tamer and round up 10 white wolves which I then lock in an inner room in my fel house. I then tame them and release them with my lowest tamer and then tame them and release them with my middle tamer and then I use my lowest tamer who is also training magery to kill them. Rinse repeat. I use to do 5 at a time but 10 seems to be a more efficient use of time. So #1 they are not agro pets that I'm trying to tame. FYI I use to tame them on the roof of my fel house but apparently reds can target me on my roof but I can not return the favor.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, as far as I know, the only Test for legality in retaming (vs perhaps and unattended macroing lore) is the preventing an aggressive mob from being able to be aggressive vs the tamer.

White Wolves, as you say, are not aggressive. Hence what your doing should be legal. I know it would be legal, oh say in the Bull Pen in Jeholm(sp), so it would be very hard for me to see any objection to you performing the action in your house.

Because it is Fel, (and I do not in any circumstance believe this to be the case) one might object because you are safe in your house raising skills. I would argue that anyone raising skills in a Guard Zone then should be considered as performing an illegal act. In my opinion, that line of reasoning quickly devolves to .... stupidity.

G

gandolfofaol

Thank you for your reply. That is what I thought to be true. The reason I was asking is a pesky Murder was outside my house spamming that he was gonna page so I switched accounts and ganked him with my greater dragon. But I was wondering if his page would have goten a canned response or a real person. Maybe next time I'll wait out the page and see what happens.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone has threatened to page on you, I wouldn't recommend trapping any critters in your home. You are trapping them to get gains, which may, in the eyes of a grouchy GM, lead to you getting in trouble. I think it could be seen as legal, but your neighbour is highly likely to page, and I wouldn't want to risk a well trained tamer account with an ill-informed GM.

It would be much easier and safer if you took the critters to one of the farm pens, released them there and then went with your other tamer to re-tame. Or better still, find a taming buddy at the right level to train with.

Wenchy

Z

Zodiac19

Unless someone else is in the area taming the same things you are I would just tame and change the name so you know which ones at what. Than get other tamer and retame at the spawn point. I think this would be the fastest and easiest way.