• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming Gain Formular?

J

joblackjon

This question came up in UHall but wasn't answered...

I know that Taming control is now based on 50% Taming skill and 50% Lore. AreTaming skill gains calculated in the same fashion?

My newest Tamer is 95.6 real. If I stone his Lore, will I be able to gain off creatures with 48 Taming difficulty? Will I be gaining at greatly accelerated rate?

I

imported_Sarphus

Not sure, but I recently did a tamer with animal lore soulstoned off the char and was gaining fine.

I used a skill trainer statuette to figure out what to be taming, though.

A

Al Thorin

Lore is used for control chance, not taming chance.

You can tame any critter the same (based on taming skill) wether you have 0 lore, or 120.

It should not affect your gains in the least.

J

joblackjon

I'm a little confused then...if Animal Lore has no impact on the skill of Taming, how come I gain Lore while Taming??? I gain 2 - 3 times as much Lore as Taming while Taming critters. If Lore only impacts control, how am I gaining so much Lore during Taming attempts?

A

Al Thorin

I belive its similar to Eval.

Eval affects spell damage, but not sucess chance, it's a related skill.

As lore is related to animals, you gain lore for taming attempts, loring pets, and vet.

Similarly, Vet will raise Lore, but is not required to sucessfully heal.

I'm not sure if much has changed they they got rid of 8x8 and changed how that aspect works, it used to be argued that certain skills were slower or faster depending on where their complementry skill was. (IE Rumored slower gains in healing if Anat was higher)

Going by the book, Lore should -not- affect taming gains. Wether or not that is truely the case may be up for speculation.

J

joblackjon

I see what you are saying...makes sense. I guess I'm just desparately looking for some way to make Taming just a little easier to gain! This is my third Tamer and damn it is difficult...my previous two Tamers benefitted from PowerHour. Ahh the good old days!

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Where do you get a skill trainer statuette?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to create a new character using the KR client and go through the tutorial. At the end of the tutorial you are given a rune, which you recall off of to challenge the champion.

When you defeat the champion for the first time you are given one of 3 prizes. 2 of the prizes are junk (as far as I can tell), but one of them is the skill trainer statuette. IMO the skill trainer statuette is a must-have item. It's also an item that almost no one realizes exists.

You have to be in the KR client to battle the champion and to do the tutorial quest. You can build your character in the 2d client, though. Also, you get an extra 20 starting skill pts if you make your char in the KR client, so it's a good idea to make new chars with the KR client anyway.

Since you only have a 1:3 chance to get the skill trainer statuette, you may need to create more than one newb to get a statue. I just used my 7th char slot to do the quest once a week. I got the statue on the 4th try. A guildmate of mine got it on the first try.