• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming changes?

C

Calla Lily

The past several days I've noticed that while taming unicorns for the zoo, it takes me longer than normal to tame them. My lore is 117.6 and taming is 108.3, so I shouldn't be having much trouble. Since this started, I've also noticed that I don't get a successful tame message anymore. The only thing that happens is that the animal's label pops back up on the screen again. Is this intentional?

H

HeathBar

I tame unicorns for the zoo too. You don't get the "it seems to accept you as master" message anymore which is really annoying. I'm guessing that's a bug.

It also takes about 4-5 attempts to tame them now too, maybe I'm just imagining it, but it does seem to be harder. I'm at 117 lore and 109 real taming.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed this, too. I'm not sure why it's happening.

Everything else about the process seems to be the same. I am still getting the 'Failed' messages, but not the "It seems to accept you as master."

Also, if you have the creature's health bar up, if you are successfu, the name text will immediately turn purple for editing. I used to have to issue a command to the new tame, or pull up the health bar again to do this.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to tame a couple of swampies for someone yesterday. It took me ages to get a taming attempt started and 6 attempts each to actually tame them. I have 120 taming/lore real.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to tame a couple of swampies for someone yesterday. It took me ages to get a taming attempt started and 6 attempts each to actually tame them. I have 120 taming/lore real.
Same here & it is taking forever to tame anything now & has been for about a month now or so. From Reg mares to WW's. I can see Cu's, Greater Drags' & Dreads harder but the rest should be a piece of cake to us 120 Tame/Lore tamers. Not fail time & time again on a 90's to 100 tamable creature.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems to me as if the taming requirements have increased just slightly, at least on unicorns and dragons. I'm still having times when I can tame them on the first attempt, but it does seem that my overall "taming productivity" is down just a tiny bit. I am wondering if this was done in anticipation of lowering requirements for getting items from the Zoo.

Also, you still get the message, "It seems to accept you as master." However, it only appears in your journal, not on the screen.