• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

taming changes

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally started to look out "new" Thing About "pet Training" For this case i got out my legacy mare and got him up to his first 100%

Now what? LOL

From what i understand i can use These 100% to upgrade my pet in resists skills stats

My questions are:

- based on your experience what did you "apply" on a legacy mare?
-as a mare has only 2 stable Slots can i train two of them at the same time?
. and where can i read About some nice "Nightmare templates"? As this is almost virtually like "designing" a character

Thanks alot in Advance guys!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I finally started to look out "new" Thing About "pet Training" For this case i got out my legacy mare and got him up to his first 100%

Now what? LOL

From what i understand i can use These 100% to upgrade my pet in resists skills stats

My questions are:

- based on your experience what did you "apply" on a legacy mare?
-as a mare has only 2 stable Slots can i train two of them at the same time?
. and where can i read About some nice "Nightmare templates"? As this is almost virtually like "designing" a character

Thanks alot in Advance guys!
My advice is stable the mare for now, don't add any upgrades to it yet, dont spend any training points yet, until you train another less valuable pet first. The PP mares are avery pricey commodity nowdays.
After you gain exp. with other pets e.g. a regular mare that spawns now, cusidhe, triceratops etc. that you can get for free, then you try the mare later.
For the builds for PP mares all are in here, look up the builds and Khaelor has done a great hugely detailed work on documenting these very nicely. He also has a link here for his website that really does a good job with these. Its worth the read, and will save you from ruining the mare -permannently. GL and welcome back.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My advice is stable the mare for now, don't add any upgrades to it yet, dont spend any training points yet, until you train another less valuable pet first. The PP mares are avery pricey commodity nowdays.
After you gain exp. with other pets e.g. a regular mare that spawns now, cusidhe, triceratops etc. that you can get for free, then you try the mare later.
For the builds for PP mares all are in here, look up the builds and Khaelor has done a great hugely detailed work on documenting these very nicely. He also has a link here for his website that really does a good job with these. Its worth the read, and will save you from ruining the mare -permannently. GL and welcome back.
Thank you very much

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shard? If you are on LS we can get that NM finished and killing stuff tonight.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After your last foray in legacy nightmare training... are you sure that is wise~
It likes its mana. And that was the game! It did it! I wasn't drunk that time.

I built one for Durango or whoever since then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mage should be available at any time...

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to the Website Legacy Nightmare Training and "trained my very first pet in the game to the first "two Level" well basically stats resits damag Output...i havent altered any skills yet as i am undecisive whethter i should stick with magery or follow the chivalry path

Thanks for Posting the link!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to the Website Legacy Nightmare Training and "trained my very first pet in the game to the first "two Level" well basically stats resits damag Output...i havent altered any skills yet as i am undecisive whethter i should stick with magery or follow the chivalry path

Thanks for Posting the link!!
There is no reason to stick with magery on a pre patch NM. A current 2 slot one could be built like that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes follow the guide and build an AI/Chiv one.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok my legacy mare hast maxed out all of his melee skills to 120! What i find strange is the fact that he is gaining in chivalry but "refuses" to use magery although it is displayed on the skill list?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Ok my legacy mare hast maxed out all of his melee skills to 120! What i find strange is the fact that he is gaining in chivalry but "refuses" to use magery although it is displayed on the skill list?
You can't have chiv and magery on a pet. It isn't possible. Most likely you replaced magery with chiv, magery will still show, but pet won't use it and can't gain it. Pets can only have 1 magic skill, except for a very select few that start with 2.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You built an AI/Chiv pet. That was the plan.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh ok I kinda thought that was the reason! I was just confused as Magery was still shown

And Training Chivalry is a pain in the a...:thumbsup: Been Training the whole day and not even at 90 *gg*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ahh ok I kinda thought that was the reason! I was just confused as Magery was still shown

And Training Chivalry is a pain in the a...:thumbsup: Been Training the whole day and not even at 90 *gg*
Not bad. All the magics increase at a slow rate.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

GJ! Thats perhaps the best spec for PP mares, better than magery. The mare is ok. To gain chiv you need to make it cast lots of chiv spells over and over. chiv 90 is admirable so far!! Not bad! You may get more help if you post a pic with all its stats before you finalize the mare..(PS DO NOT press that RED button, ever!)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Erm I already finalized I hope i didnt screw up that much LOL
Do you have some points left? You forgot the increase the base damage. :(

All the rest is great!

Must have been a real nice starter horse.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Base damage caps raise each level, so they need to be trained each level or all levels when training slot 5.
Darnn i didnt know that? I did exactly what the guide says and on last Level i capped Damage Output at 18-25 (origianlly 16-22) ok he aint perfect but i like neverthe lesse the way he performs hehe and i have another mare to try out
I just checked the quide again Nothing saying that I MUST raise base Damage on EVERY Level?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Darnn i didnt know that? I did exactly what the guide says and on last Level i capped Damage Output at 18-25 (origianlly 16-22) ok he aint perfect but i like neverthe lesse the way he performs hehe and i have another mare to try out
I just checked the quide again Nothing saying that I MUST raise base Damage on EVERY Level?
nightmaretraining.PNG

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So 110/110 Training Points is the max for base Damage. How high should the base Damage be at the end?

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
24 - 33 - I'm afraid you probably wasted all those power scrolls on this rather special pet - you're impatience is probably at least as "legendary" as my own ...

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
24 - 33 - I'm afraid you probably wasted all those power scrolls on this rather special pet - you're impatience is probably at least as "legendary" as my own ...
doh! Well this was my best mare anyway I still have one more left if not another one from a guildy. Strangley i am very happy About his Performance!! He litterly ripped a balron Paragon apart! Hmm I suppose ist would have even been better with higher base Damage hehe

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure you will never EVER forget this step any longer. It's the most important setting / option to apply as soon as a pet reaches the 5th slot .... by FAR (!)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats what happens when you use @Khaelor s guides. It told me to put mana to 1200. :p